Abortion: A Sad Reality

So there are fewer people on welfare now than 40 years ago? Is that really what you meant to say?
In the past unwanted children were put up for adoption. Like Steve Jobs. How many Steve Jobs' have been aborted over the last 40 years?

Fewer people than would otherwise be on welfare; yes. Fewer persons in prison than would otherwise be in prison, less crime than would otherwise be occuring.

How many Hitlers have been aborted?

How many Einsteins have been aborted? Nobody knows. So the question would be:

Why is this relevant?

It's what I asked Rabid...then he ran away.

Naw, she's incoherent most of the time....

So that's why you're called 'ErroneousJoe'!!

No, the real problem is you have this weird, OCD, all over the map way of making a point instead of just writing straighfowardly.

Seriously, the numbering thing is just weird.

No, that is another debate technique.

Remember she is defending the indefensible .

So she must STONEWALL..

And since her position is UNREASONABLE she uses a lot of terms that appeal to emotions, ie, babies, children, murder, ad nauseam,

It's the implication of support for 'planned parenthood' abortion centers.

Connect the dots.

I think you've got this backward. Support for planned parenthood, or any other organization that deals in contraception, indicates a belief that there is a way to avoid pregnancy.

Nonsense.

So....you fail to see 'planned parenthood' as anything but an abortion mill?

Have someone else connect the dots for you.

Indeed take away abortion and they close up shop and run away~

Meanwhile in Texas: Abortion Appointments Canceled, Clinics Closing All Across State - Cortney O'Brien

[
My point is not about the Supreme Court's ruling nor about the Constitution; and, as I pointed out a while back (post 224), I'm pro-choice because I think a civilization has to make some tough choices and allow society actions like this on the margins.

My problem is with the way the Left has chosen to defend abortion by pretending that a fetus is not life, which is so intellectually dishonest as to be insulting. I've seen a fetus compared to any number of inanimate objects, and it just doesn't stop.

The pro-choice movement doesn't need to lie like this, but it continues. That's one of the hazards of commitment to an ideology - ideologues often have to put themselves in absurd positions just to defend an indefensible point. It's much easier to just be honest, but that's not the way they want to play the game.

A fetus is not life; Wednesday does not follow Tuesday; water is not wet. Okay, fine, I'm used to being insulted by partisan ideologues who think they're getting away with dishonesty and absurdity, but this is getting ridiculous.

Guy, a fetus is not the same as a baby.

I've known women who've lost babies
I've known women who've had miscarriages.
I've known women who've had abortions.

The three categories aren't even close to each other.

A fetus isn't "life" because it's not viable outside of the womb before 22 weeks. Remove it from the womb, it dies. It can't live on its own, so it's not life.

But to grant a kidney-bean sized fetus more rights than the woman it is in, is just insanity on an epic scale.

Incidently, all this whinging about "life" is a fairly recent tacit. Abortion used to be illegal because it was about controlling women and their sexuality. Now that they aren't putting up with that shit anymore, suddenly, everyone is sooooooo concerned about "life".

Meanwhile, while the religious stupids are working themselves up in a lather over this NON-issue, the Plutocrats are sneaking out the back door with your middle class lifestyle.

You can take a new born and leave it alone and it will live maybe 3 days- That is not a litmus test for the argument about human life and abortion. We could place a grown; born human in any number of conditions not suited for its survival and it will die- It is a lame argument and NEVER should have been considered as a legal argument- period!

The Court argued that the First, Fourth, Ninth, and Fourteenth Amendments to the US Constitution grant an individual a right to privacy against state laws and cited past cases ruling that marriage, contraception, and child rearing are activities covered in a "zone of privacy." Thus privacy was granted to a woman's decision to have an abortion. Further, the court ruled that prenatal life was not enough to grant the fetus the protection that "persons" receive under the law, citing the lack of a consensus of when protections were given to fetuses in criminal and civil law. Finally, the decision did not preclude narrower state laws that would stop abortions from being done once the fetus was termed medically viable. This question of viability still remains today though as medical techniques get more advanced the window of viability has increased calling into question this part of the ruling.

The fetus is viable as soon as it implants. The only thing that can kill the unborn child is an outside force.

[

Saying a fetus is "not people" means what? What is the human fetus? I can tell you that it is a complete human organism- just like you and that would be 100% correct. It is not an adult- it is at the fetal stage- development is the only thing that separates. No different than outside the womb when it is an infant-

It can't live outside the woman's body, so it's not "complete".

Funny thing about language is that abortions used to be call infanticide- but it suits the pro abortionist to call it a fetus. Words however do not change what it is. A completed human being at its earliest stages of development- again a 100% accurate scientific fact.

Sorry, this happens to be your opinion. Not a legal or scientific one.

I note you didn't bother to answers my questions Joe- It's because to do so would show your barbarianism and stupidity laid bare- and even you would have to look at it.

Illegal abortions would be handled the way they always were- we don't pay for them, we don't claim them as a right-

Oh, you mean you just let them happen anyway, but dammit, you are really, really disapproving. That's helpful.

But mostly we make it loud and clear that they are human beings not blobs of cells- they are deserving of the opportunity that loud mouthed assholes such as your self have...the right to live!

Right. So how do you do that when women are going to end up having the abortions anyway, and you can't stop them from doing it?

Again- dirty little secret.. All Roe did was legalize what was already happening.

Again, I don't feel like criminilizing women because you are trying to please your invisible sky pixie...

You are a drooling idiot-

Development is not the same as COMPLETE in the abortion argument. Once fertilized the human embryo has NOTHING else added to its DNA- Nothing. Everything you are materially and physically was present at conception-

A new born is not complete under your definition, nor a child or an adolescent. The human being is not developmentally complete until about age 24 for women and 26 for men.

Murder is illegal and people still commit it...another lame argument. Abortions and unwanted pregnancies soared once abortion became legal. No more personal responsibility has translated itself into more irresponsible sexual behavior. This despite the wide spread availability of free or inexpensive contraception!

Development is not the same as COMPLETE in the abortion argument. Once fertilized the human embryo has NOTHING else added to its DNA- Nothing. Everything you are materially and physically was present at conception-

A new born is not complete under your definition, nor a child or an adolescent. The human being is not developmentally complete until about age 24 for women and 26 for men.

Murder is illegal and people still commit it...another lame argument. Abortions and unwanted pregnancies soared once abortion became legal. No more personal responsibility has translated itself into more irresponsible sexual behavior. This despite the wide spread availability of free or inexpensive contraception!

Here's the problem. No one has to be COMPELLED to take care of a newborn or a 26 year old. They can make that choice.

A woman has no choice. And this is the problem. What you want is a society where we compell women to have babies whether they want them or not.

Here's the problem. No one has to be COMPELLED to take care of a newborn or a 26 year old. They can make that choice.

A woman has no choice. And this is the problem. What you want is a society where we compell women to have babies whether they want them or not.

Bullshit! A woman made the choice to have sex. She can make the choice of adoption or raising the child herself! She has always had choices other than demanding the right to kill another because she doesn't want to deal with the consequences. Using birth control properly is 98% effective- ALWAYS. So at some point in her decision to have sex she should have exercised the choice to use birth control properly- BUT the facts are that abortion kills a human life- THAT is a dirty ugly truth!

[

Bullshit! A woman made the choice to have sex. She can make the choice of adoption or raising the child herself! She has always had choices other than demanding the right to kill another because she doesn't want to deal with the consequences. Using birth control properly is 98% effective- ALWAYS. So at some point in her decision to have sex she should have exercised the choice to use birth control properly- BUT the facts are that abortion kills a human life- THAT is a dirty ugly truth!

No, that's your dirty ugly opinion which doesn't rate anywhere on my Give O Fuck Meter.

give_a_fuck_o_meter_by_screendsk-d3ibnq5.gif

You know what, I'm still not hearing how you are going to COMPEL a woman who didn't use birth control and doesn't want to have a baby not to do so.

Guess what. Ain't going to happen.

[

No, that's your dirty ugly opinion which doesn't rate anywhere on my Give O Fuck Meter.

You know what, I'm still not hearing how you are going to COMPEL a woman who didn't use birth control and doesn't want to have a baby not to do so.

Guess what. Ain't going to happen.

You need to re-work the grammar of your last sentence; it's incomprehensible.

Right, you want abortion on demand- because you don't believe the unborn are worthy of protection- That is the same attitude that is the foundation of every historical human slaughter and diminished rights. Proving there really is nothing new under the sun.

Roe was based on faulty science; logic; and legal interpretation. It can and should be over-turned.

Last edited:

Bullshit!

Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.

Luke 23:34

A woman made the choice to have sex.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

You sound a tad perturbed.

Is it true that you weigh close to 400#?

Is it true that you are fast approaching 50 yet your hymen is still intact?

Is it true that in HS you offered to give a guy a blow job and he turned you down preferring to jerk off instead ?

And the truth shall set you free

Bullshit!

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Is it true that in HS you offered to give a guy a blow job and he turned you down preferring to jerk off instead ?

Spoken by the cave dweller who has lost the argument.

Your virgin fetish is only proof you want a woman without experience in order to avoid criticism. Mr. weenie doesn't work well.

Bullshit!

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Your virgin fetish is only proof you want a woman without experience in order to avoid criticism. Mr. weenie doesn't work well.

Well, you got me there. "Mr Weenie" is 2 inches............from the ground.

[

Right, you want abortion on demand- because you don't believe the unborn are worthy of protection- That is the same attitude that is the foundation of every historical human slaughter and diminished rights. Proving there really is nothing new under the sun.

Roe was based on faulty science; logic; and legal interpretation. It can and should be over-turned.

No, I want abortion on demand because it is a big FUCK YOU to all you religious idiots.

please don't pretend it's about anything else for me. Religious nuts want abortion banned, I want it legal, and done proudly.

Roe was decided on reality. Women were ALREADY having abortions in their doctor's offices, and they were writing something else on the chart.

[

No, I want abortion on demand because it is a big FUCK YOU to all you religious idiots.

please don't pretend it's about anything else for me. Religious nuts want abortion banned, I want it legal, and done proudly.

Roe was decided on reality. Women were ALREADY having abortions in their doctor's offices, and they were writing something else on the chart.

You can't answer to the logic of scientific fact so you resort to your more base truths-

No, asshole, it's a BIG FUCK YOU to the babies being slaughtered by arrogant idiots such as yourself...

So you mean Dr.s not back alley butchers and coat-hangers were not being engaged? Why can't you liberal jackasses ever pick a square and land on it? (rhetorical question)

Uhhhhhhhhhhh

Well, you got me there. "Mr Weenie" is 2 inches............from the ground.

So you are a super midget too...figures, a little man complex~

Forum List

Back