🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Abortion amendment?

I’ve already told you… I don’t accept that either one of these topics is an unlimited and unrestrictable absolute. I never have and never will. I believe abortion should be VERY limited, much more so than Firearms ownership; but neither should be unrestricted in my mind.
Thank you

I most certainly do.
Please address the question.
I've addressed the question exactly and so far I think I'm the only one who has tried.

Read carefully:

There's no short answer on curtailing a woman's right to an abortion!

There are hundreds of different situations!

If you can show that you're sincere about the topic then you'll get a detailed answer from me that can prove my point. I see no indication that you actually care!

I've addressed the question exactly and so far I think I'm the only one who has tried.
Read carefully:
There's no short answer on curtailing a woman's right to an abortion!
Ah.
So you believe -every- restriction on the exercise of a right is an infringement.
Good to know.

Conservatives are at least consistent in their hypocrisy – such as their ‘advocacy’ of ‘small government.’

Rightists need to understand that ‘small government’ is far much more than just reckless, irresponsible tax cuts and deregulation.
Small government is just words. Stopping the expansion of government is doable. And it may be forced on us someday.

Why do you think so?
Not allowing abortions after viability force women to carry a baby to term, see...
M14

NOT ONE WORD IN THOSE ARTICLES SPOKE about abortions after the viability of a fetus....so why link them as part of the argument we were discussing?

Roe allowed any state to ban elective abortions in the third trimester. Before Dobbs, there were 6 states, plus D.C. that had no laws banning abortion at any stage...ALL OTHER STATES, abortion via choice of the mother, is banned after viability or the third trimester...even in the other democratic and liberal leaning states, it is banned, under their state law for a woman to simply make that choice in the third trimester....it has to be for harming medical conditions to the mother caused by the baby being born or poisoning from the foetus or the baby being unviable due to a severe medical condition or deformity.... kinda thing from what I have read?

But clearly conservatives are not advocates of small government and individual liberty.
True, but they do know that their chickens came home when they took on abortion.

And now the assclown who brought it up again thinks it can still be an election issue.

His guns and his 2A can be, but he can't see the similarity in both being about rights! LOL

M14

NOT ONE WORD IN THOSE ARTICLES SPOKE about abortions after the viability of a fetus....so why link them as part of the argument we were discussing?

Roe allowed any state to ban elective abortions in the third trimester. Before Dobbs, there were 6 states, plus D.C. that had no laws banning abortion at any stage...ALL OTHER STATES, abortion via choice of the mother, is banned after viability or the third trimester...even in the other democratic and liberal leaning states, it is banned, under their state law for a woman to simply make that choice in the third trimester....it has to be for harming medical conditions to the mother caused by the baby being born or poisoning from the foetus or the baby being unviable due to a severe medical condition or deformity.... kinda thing from what I have read?
The thread is an opportunity for a rational discussion but he won't and can't be a part of it.

M14
Correct. they make no distinction.
And so, in their argument the pre/post viability position of the restriction doesn't matter; post-viability restrictions on abortion, like pre-vaibility restrictions, force a woman to carry a baby to term.
Thus, the pro-choice crowd will argue that "post viability" restrictions ARE infringements on the right to an abortion.

True, but they do know that their chickens came home when they took on abortion.
And now the assclown who brought it up again thinks it can still be an election issue.
His guns and his 2A can be, but he can't see the similarity in both being about rights! LOL
^^^^
Oblivious to the issue under discussion, and possibly willfully so.

ou clearly do not understand why I asked my question
You asked the question because you have created a false equivalency in your mind between abortion and gun rights and you want to try to support that false equivalence through the viewpoints of others.

PS - You still haven’t answered NY question.

Forum List

Back