Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

I do wonder about the mental disposition of the people who often support violence for religion too. Trying not to jump the gun on this guy but the odds are that it was a religious motive. We often see numbers of religious people, Christians, church members who will shelter, encourage or defend the these actions although they might not be able to do it themselves.

A friend of mine has his own theory on putting an end to the insanity defense. You may plead insanity but the penalty for insanity is death.

I wonder about the mental disposition of anyone who has such an obvious and obsessive hatred of religion and religious people.

Christians and church members don't "shelter, encourage, or defend" these people. Unlike your beloved Muslims, Christians are the first people to condemn this sort of behavior. I'm still waiting for the Muslim community to come out with any strong or spirited condemnation of their own lunatic fringe.

Sweet heart, I was born and raised in the Baptist Church.

I'm not your sweetheart, and I don't care if you were born and raised in the middle of Vatican City. While I normally would never, ever venture to make statements regarding the state of someone's soul, I feel comfortable saying that you are a non-believer, which makes you an arrogant, cherry-picking dumbass who's making a public fool out of himself trying to teach people to be something he isn't himself. Might as well teach people to skydive when you've never laid eyes on an airplane.

Many Church members and Christians don't shelter or encourage or defend these people, but some do. Why would you go rattling on about Muslims? Same as the last person who drug that nonsense in here? You need a group that looks more violent than ours to make them look better?

Many? Try damned near all. The fact that you can find a handful of like-minded lunatics is in no way indicative of the general Christian population, but the fact that you try to make it be so IS indicative of the fact that you're a bigot so filled with obsessive, unreasonable hatred that it's made you deranged.

Why would I go rattling on about Muslims? Because you were talking about them, dumbass. Don't mention a topic if you don't want to be called on it.

And there's no "ours". Don't even begin to presume to sully me by trying to lump us together. I don't consider myself kin with bigots on any level except perhaps that we're both humanoid.

Army of God
The lives of innocent babies scheduled to be murdered by George Tiller are spared by the action of American hero Scott Roeder.
George Tiller the Babykiller reaped what he sowed and is now in eternal hell.
Psalm 55:15 Let death seize upon them, and let them go down quick into hell: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them.

I do hope you can find it in your heart to condem the Army of God but also forgive them, their Church and it's Christian members.

I don't have to condemn the lunatic fringe, because only another demented lunatic - stand up and take a bow! - would consider them even worthy of serious mention. Sane people thought they were beneath contempt to start with.

Am I supposed to be impressed that you were able to go out and find crazy people on the Internet? After all, I found one just by logging into my message board.

Yeah.. because leftist extremists and asshole anarchists are NOTHING to worry about :rolleyes:

Can you link any reports of threats to human lives from radical leftists, Dave? Or anyone else? Not that I'm saying that there aren't any, I just can't think of any. Sure they've destroyed property, but killed people?

On the subject of abortion? No, but I venture to guess that's because the law is on their side at the moment. Given that radical leftists have a deplorable history of domestic terrorism on subjects like war protests, environmentalism, animal cruelty, etc., I feel completely justified in saying that they would no doubt extend this to the topic of abortion should the law ever turn against them.

For the dumbasses who appear to think arson is just a minor infraction:

Punishment

Arson is a serious crime that was punishable by death under the common law. Presently, it is classified as a felony under most statutes, punishable by either imprisonment or death. Many jurisdictions impose prison sentences commensurate with the seriousness of the criminal intent of the accused. A finding, therefore, that the offense was committed intentionally will result in a longer prison sentence than a finding that it was done recklessly. When a human life is endangered, the penalty is most severe.

Arson legal definition of Arson. Arson synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Keep that in mind the next time you and your giggly friends think it would be funny to stick a rag in a gas tank and torch it.

Hey, I was just asking. So if no one was harmed do you think they would be given capital punishment? What if they intended to murder someone by burning down the house and no one was harmed? I thought you rightwing types didn't care about "intention" as in hate crimes?

If you try to murder someone by arson and you happen to fail, you are charged with arson AND attempted murder. And unlike hate crimes, no one is trying to mystically divine what thoughts you might have been having to motivate you to kill. They just look at your actions.

FYI, if you commit arson thinking a building is empty, it turns out not to have been, and the people escape the fire, you're still charged with attempted murder on top of the arson.

Actually both, I just learned earlier in this thread, if the arson resulted in someone's (not the arsonist's obviously) death.

Technically, I think if Arson results in the death of another human being, a second charge of murder is added to the charge of arson and the murderer/arsonist is charged with both crimes which would still mean that it was murder that was the capital offense not arson.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think that is how the charges would work.

Immie

Yes, if you are committing a crime and it results in any way in the death of a person, you are automatically charged with first-degree murder, even if you had no idea that person was there and had no intention of killing them.

Arson is considered one of the most serious crimes out there after murder because it involves reckless endangerment of the public on such a horrendous scale. Not only are you running the risk of the fire spreading to multiple structures with God knows how many people in them, but you also endanger the firefighters and police officers who respond to the fire.

I feel comfortable saying that you are a non-believer, which makes you an arrogant, cherry-picking dumbass

There may be a career waiting for you at Hallmark. The way in which you can convey a heartfelt sentiment without revealing the self centered bitch that you are is truly inspiring.

I wonder about the mental disposition of anyone who has such an obvious and obsessive hatred of religion and religious people.

And I think most of us wonder about the mental disposition of anyone who has such an obvious and obsessive hatred of people who don't share their beliefs.

Christians and church members don't "shelter, encourage, or defend" these people.

No? Funny, from what I've seen on this board, a goodly number of you just sit back and say "well, the guy deserved it". I'd say that's encouraging AND defending. But keep ramping up the insane rhetoric.

you are a non-believer, which makes you an arrogant, cherry-picking dumbass

I do so love that "christian" tolerance. Thank G-d you aren't representative of most Christians I've known. But I also have to compliment you on the use of irony.

And there's no "ours".

ya... y'all just sit around calling people who believe in choice "murderers", but there's no "ours" or anything...and it's not like you have any responsibilty for the logical conclusion of your attitudes and action.

I don't have to condemn the lunatic fringe, because only another demented lunatic - stand up and take a bow! - would consider them even worthy of serious mention. Sane people thought they were beneath contempt to start with.

Weren't you the one just ripping moderate muslims a new one for NOT condemning THEIR lunatic fringe? You are just too funny today. The hypocricy is so thick we can cut it with a knife. ;)

Am I supposed to be impressed that you were able to go out and find crazy people on the Internet? After all, I found one just by logging into my message board.

Those are the "activists" on your behalf. Aren't you proud of what their efforts have wrought?

Christian rightists are obviously unwilling to openly praise Roeder, but many aren't especially subtle in concealing their sentiments.

Shooting puts abortion foes on defensive - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Operation Rescue condemned the killing as vigilantism and "a cowardly act." But its founder, Randall Terry, stressed that the anti-abortion movement should not tone down its rhetoric. He said the gunman was wrong to kill Tiller, 67, but that abortion opponents bear no responsibility for the action.

Tiller was "a mass murderer and horrifically, he reaped what he sowed," Terry told the National Press Club in Washington.

Does that not speak to an obvious belief that Tiller received his just desserts?

Precisely what the left would do if harm befell Bush Cheney, Gonzales, Coulter, O'Reilly, Palin, (remember you hung her in effigy) Beck, Limbaugh (remember you wished his kidney's would fail) you gonna take responsibility for that despicable act if they do??? yawn yawn yawn!

Happy to provide. A good primer would be Illiberal Education: The politics of Race and Sex on Campus by Dinesh D'Souza.

It's a little dated, but it would be interesting for you to read and see what Dinesh cites as trends and see where they have come in the 15 years since he wrote it.

This is a text on Affirmative Action, not PC.

I did a little research looking for political correctness and college campuses and only found where it had gone awry (as in college campuses being too tolerant). I found not one article or report on college campuses banning anything perceived as un-PC nor any official PC regulations or actions taken by boards of directors. It seems PC might be entirely a social movement. And a silly one, in my opinion.

Well, actually, you're wrong again. From Illiberal Education. Chapter 5 - The New Censorship, Racial Incidents at Michigan.

And Chapter 7 - Tyranny of the Minority, Teaching Race and Gender at Harvard

Both chapters are replete, as is the whole book, with examples of PC tyranny perpetrated by faculty in these school. I can tell you, that faculty isn't a bunch of Republicans.

Here's one quote from Chapter 7. "Some feminists have argued that science itself is a masculine discipline. Harvard biology professor Ruth Hubbard criticizes the hard sciences for overvaluing systematic knowledge, such as the information obtained in laboratories, and undervaluing 'orally transmitted knowledge,' such as recipes and other household wisdom."

And further,
"For instance, Harvard publishes an Affirmitive Action Newsletter, whose fall 1989 issue contains a section called "Myths and Realities.

Myth: Affirmitive action means applying a double standard -- one for white males and a somewhat lower standard for women and minorities

Reality: Double standards are inconsistent with the principle and spirit of Affirmative action. One standard should be applied to all candidates applying for a position. This myth implies that women and minorities are inherently less qualified than white males, a proposition that is totally baseless.

On affirmative action, as on other issues, people are entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts. As we saw in the case of Berkeley and other schools, it is unequivocally the case that affirmative action involves displacing and lowering academic standards in order to promote proportional representation for racial groups. Yet in the name of 'sensitivity,' Harvard seems not to be above distorting truth and disseminating information that is clearly false."

That give you a flavor. I'm sure I didn't pick very good examples but it's been 18+ years since I read it.

Christian rightists are obviously unwilling to openly praise Roeder, but many aren't especially subtle in concealing their sentiments.

Shooting puts abortion foes on defensive - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

Operation Rescue condemned the killing as vigilantism and "a cowardly act." But its founder, Randall Terry, stressed that the anti-abortion movement should not tone down its rhetoric. He said the gunman was wrong to kill Tiller, 67, but that abortion opponents bear no responsibility for the action.

Tiller was "a mass murderer and horrifically, he reaped what he sowed," Terry told the National Press Club in Washington.

Does that not speak to an obvious belief that Tiller received his just desserts?

And this is precisely the sentiment I was talking about yesterday. There is no shutting down the opposition on this issue. They legitimately and honestly believe that the people engaged in performing abortions are the moral equivalent of Nazi death camp operators.

Somehow there must be an accommodation reached between the two sides on this issue.

And this is precisely the sentiment I was talking about yesterday. There is no shutting down the opposition on this issue. They legitimately and honestly believe that the people engaged in performing abortions are the moral equivalent of Nazi death camp operators.

That is because that is what their "leaders" are telling them. It isn't a POLITICAL issue anywhere else in the world. They are entitled to their beliefs FOR THEMSELVES... They are NOT entitled to impose those religious beliefs on others who don't share them.

Somehow there must be an accommodation reached between the two sides on this issue.

No...there doesn't. The only accomodation they should get is the right to follow their own conscience.

They need to stay away from everyone else. And the sane and moderate christians need to call these people the terroristic wackos that they are.

Forum List

Back