Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

You are twisting and spinning and turning as fast as you can, but it isn't the right wingers enforcing the speech codes on the college campus, it's the left. I now understand that what you mean when you say that you're left-wing and you "hate it" is that if you don't agree with something then it was always "the other" that did it not someone like you. Sorry, but if you wanna be a left winger, you get the PC police baggage that goes with them.

Yeah, okay, you must be the PC expert around here. I went to CU Boulder until only two years ago and never experienced any PC police. In fact, it was the Right who threw a fit about one of our (albeit phony) professor's term "little eichmann". He was even wrongfully fired because of University officials put under pressure from Colorado's then Republican governor (Churchill won the lawsuit in court last month mostly because of the former governor's testimony).

"Politically Incorrect" was an irony. You didn't get it I guess. (Or, you could take the alternate answer, please read Rules for Radicals and tell me if you understand better.)

No, I guess I didn't get it. To me it meant that liberalism was considered politically incorrect. I guess it all depends on one's point of view: me - liberal, you - not liberal.

Really. Paranoid. Like conservatives calling judges who don't agree with their politics "activist judges" or other labels for liberals like "baby killers"? That isn't paranoia, its a rational reaction called expectation.

I think the FCC should be abolished, therefore the right doesn't support the FCC. (Sound Familiar).

So your saying your point is invalid?

Now that Obama is in office and in charge of the FCC, he'll be disbanding it as a budget cut, right? Yeah, i thought not.

So, since Obama, the first minority president under incredible partisan scrutiny doesn't disband the FCC liberals support it? Whose spinning?

You know, when you agree with oppressor's views, you can rarely see the oppression. Ask your friends in the the College Republicans if they noticed any PC police.

It was an irony because the name promised Political Incorrectness, but rarely delivered.

Calling names, really? I believe the left coined the term baby killers to describe American soldiers in Vietnam. If you don't want your judges to be described as "activist" then maybe they should try not "inventing" rights in the Bill of Rights that are not there out of a fanciful "penumbra" that dances through their minds while they write the decision. (Griswold v. ConnecticutOr as Justice Marshall said, "Just do what's "right" and hope the law catches up." Or, setting made up rights (See Griswold) against real rights (the right to free speech and freedom of assembly right of abortion protesters), and allowing the made up rights to win.

Or, how about inventing whole new definitions for what Interstate Commerce means in Wicker (Now, Interstate Commerce means not participating in Interstate Commerce. A real paradox, huh). I can go on and on, but I know you just want your judges not to be activists when they really are.

There is a difference between inciting someone to violence and free speech.

While I think we are actually on the same side on the censorship/PC issue, you have to wake up and see that the left is just as big a perpetrator of this outrage as the right. I think even worse because they prevent the free exchange of ideas in the one place where it should be sacrosanct.

I don't think that there are some on the Left who are just as responsible for PC as on the Right, I just don't think the fault lies entirely or even mostly with the Left.

I guess I haven't read about or experienced the prevention of the free exchange of ideas on a college campus. Can you link some info for me?

I heard Yurt smells like stinky communal tent canvas.

That's enough for me to avoid him forever!

What you mean is the LIE told damaged her Image. She never recommended a single book be removed, EVER. She never ask for any to be removed, she never made a single attempt to list any books as needing to be banned.

Whether it's a lie or not, the is nothing to suggest either way, and I don't like censorship, you know that. So, even a rumor of it has me on edge now, it's gotten out of hand, and there was no evidence Palin didn't support it, speculation on both sides. Or did you miss the outrage I have over the other "possible" censorship supporters?

But did you read the Snopes.com article?

As it said, Harry Potter wasn't even out when this discussion was said to have taken place. It was a lie, just like the lie that went out that Hillary Clinton wanted to tax every email $.05 in order to supplement the Postal Service.

That lie about the banning of books and many others worked to do Mrs. Palin a hell of a lot of damage just as the lies about Kerry worked against him. I'll admit that I didn't like John Kerry at all and much of that was due to things that I heard said about him many of which I now know to have been lies. Note: he's still an arrogant jackass in my books, but that is just a personal observation. :) Also, note, I don't say that just because he was a Democrat. I don't consider President Obama to be arrogant. I may not like his politics, but arrogant is not a word I would use to describe this President.

Immie

True, I grant that, but also remember I am high strung when any politician is associated with censorship. I would rather the media be full of lies than having everything "edited to protect the ears, eyes, and minds" of the people. I hadn't heard the Hilary one, that's just ... odd. The Palin one though is too likely to be true, as was the Obama one, and many others. I don't like Obama either ... so yeah, never liked him really. I wanted McCain in office, just didn't want Palin that close either, as you know, the lesser of two evils is still evil.

That didn't help Palin's image at all ... and it's one of the other reasons I never liked her.

What you mean is the LIE told damaged her Image. She never recommended a single book be removed, EVER. She never ask for any to be removed, she never made a single attempt to list any books as needing to be banned.

Whether it's a lie or not, the is nothing to suggest either way, and I don't like censorship, you know that. So, even a rumor of it has me on edge now, it's gotten out of hand, and there was no evidence Palin didn't support it, speculation on both sides. Or did you miss the outrage I have over the other "possible" censorship supporters?

you judged Sarah Palin based on rumor? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I heard Yurt smells like stinky communal tent canvas.

That's enough for me to avoid him forever!

yurt+homes+-+Mongolian+yurts.gif

There is a difference between inciting someone to violence and free speech.

While I think we are actually on the same side on the censorship/PC issue, you have to wake up and see that the left is just as big a perpetrator of this outrage as the right. I think even worse because they prevent the free exchange of ideas in the one place where it should be sacrosanct.

I don't think that there are some on the Left who are just as responsible for PC as on the Right, I just don't think the fault lies entirely or even mostly with the Left.

I guess I haven't read about or experienced the prevention of the free exchange of ideas on a college campus. Can you link some info for me?

Happy to provide. A good primer would be Illiberal Education: The politics of Race and Sex on Campus by Dinesh D'Souza.

It's a little dated, but it would be interesting for you to read and see what Dinesh cites as trends and see where they have come in the 15 years since he wrote it.

you judged Sarah Palin based on rumor? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The media is nothing but rumors ... so why take the chance that one which could destroy the biggest benefit of being American is true? If it was true, and she had somehow managed to get into the president's seat ... the effect would have been another civil war, but then Obama had similar rumors to, which will also likely result in a civil war if any of them are true.

The media is nothing but rumors ... so why take the chance that one which could destroy the biggest benefit of being American is true? If it was true, and she had somehow managed to get into the president's seat ... the effect would have been another civil war, but then Obama had similar rumors to, which will also likely result in a civil war if any of them are true.

can you say hypocrite?? wellcanyahuh? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

where the fuck is article when ya need him????

can you say hypocrite?? wellcanyahuh? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

where the fuck is article when ya need him????

Really, explain how? This will be interesting.

so you'll take a "chance" and believe a lie....apparently facts mean nothing to you....and your hypocrisy is overwhelming, you bash those who talk about obama's birth certificate issue, yet you fully go after palin based on even less evidence of that "rumor"

Happy to provide. A good primer would be Illiberal Education: The politics of Race and Sex on Campus by Dinesh D'Souza.

It's a little dated, but it would be interesting for you to read and see what Dinesh cites as trends and see where they have come in the 15 years since he wrote it.

This is a text on Affirmative Action, not PC.

I did a little research looking for political correctness and college campuses and only found where it had gone awry (as in college campuses being too tolerant). I found not one article or report on college campuses banning anything perceived as un-PC nor any official PC regulations or actions taken by boards of directors. It seems PC might be entirely a social movement. And a silly one, in my opinion.

so you'll take a "chance" and believe a lie....apparently facts mean nothing to you....and your hypocrisy is overwhelming, you bash those who talk about obama's birth certificate issue, yet you fully go after palin based on even less evidence of that "rumor"

First I didn't "bash" them, secondly the difference is one directly effects everyone, while the other is just inane and would accomplish little either way. Also, I still have yet to see proof that it was an outright lie, only some flaws in the story. Selfish, yes, hypocrite, no.

First I didn't "bash" them, secondly the difference is one directly effects everyone, while the other is just inane and would accomplish little either way. Also, I still have yet to see proof that it was an outright lie, only some flaws in the story. Selfish, yes, hypocrite, no.

can you say CONTORT? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL ... you are seriously deluded. There are plenty of real reasons to call Obama a shit-head, yet idiots have to make shit up ... hell, Bush is more foreign than he is.

:eusa_liar:

KK, honorable people don't accept at face value whatever filth is poured into them, and expect it to be disproved.

The civilized way we function is that we expect filth to be proven before believing it.

You are a hypocrite. You choose to believe, with no proof, negative things about someone with whom you disagree, but you require a ridiculous amount of evidence to believe anything other than what you imagine. It's the epitome of hypocrisy.

KK, honorable people don't accept at face value whatever filth is poured into them, and expect it to be disproved.

The civilized way we function is that we expect filth to be proven before believing it.

You are a hypocrite. You choose to believe, with no proof, negative things about someone with whom you disagree, but you require a ridiculous amount of evidence to believe anything other than what you imagine. It's the epitome of hypocrisy.

Really? Unless it's oh ... something religious ... or perhaps for "the better good" ... or maybe ...

... everyone does it, it's not whether you do this, it's whether you can see that you do it as well.

Really? Unless it's oh ... something religious ... or perhaps for "the better good" ... or maybe ...

... everyone does it, it's not whether you do this, it's whether you can see that you do it as well.

Kitten, you aren't capable of honest debate.

You have yet to prove that any of your opinions or facts are based on anything at all.

Forum List

Back