Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

Reread your and Jillian's and Colardo's posts and remind us how you are not claiming exactly that.

I didn't blame every conservative or rightwinger for this murder, nor in anyway did I think they were guilty by association.

All I said was that I believed rightwing extremists are far more more likely to commit murder than are leftwing extremists. And I conceded that I was too hasty in coming to such a conclusion. Rightwing extremists are only more likely to commit murder, not far more likely.:razz:

Don't flatter yourselves. The shooter had an extensive criminal record and no one was able to protect anyone from him. You gonna round up everyone with pro-life bumper stickers?

Please don't give them any ideas. I'm already concerned about this enough. Call me paranoid, but I am concerned that the way things are going it will become a crime to be Pro-life.

Immie

Lot's of people trust fox news.. more than all the others combined.. don't try to speak for everyone lunatic.

That is one of the worst things I've ever heard anyone say about US citizens. If its true, then its one of the worst things I've ever heard about US citizens.

different era....

as i've said, i used to work for someone who was SDS in college and got himself arrested at the 68 convention.....

i really wish people would stop justifying the murder of this doctor by going far afield.

So....that means that it doesn't count? We're putting perameters on this thread? There is a racical left, as there is a radical right. Someone fool on the right went way over the top yesterday. Bill Ayers and his group went way over the top years ago, but, it doesn't negate what had happened...in any era.

You picked up on that did ya?? They make up the rules as they go along. don't get in a marble shoot with them you will lose your cat's eye. :doubt:

The perp could try out an interesting defense...he could blame Bill O'Reilly for cranking him up. From what I understand O'Reilly has talked about Tiller for years and claimed that anyone that didn't stop him had blood on their hands.:eusa_eh:

I'm a Justice O'Connor pro-choice person. Basically, she struck the balance that if you could take it out and it would live, its a baby, if you can't, then it isn't. My understanding is Tiller performed late term abortions. As I would view things, there are very few good reasons for doing late-terms, I'm open to hearing Tiller's side on that, maybe he only did legit late terms, I don't know and not being an O'Reilly viewer, I've never heard of the guy.

I've often wondered about this debate if the animosity level of the "debate" wasn't exacerbated by the undemocratic method of its legalization.

If one side of this debate legitimately and honestly believes that murder is being perpetrated on a massive scale on a daily basis, then I think eventually the people on the other side are going to have to come to terms with that in some way. I don't have the answer, but if the concerned side feels shut down and shut out, the normal reaction to that is violence. Not to say that is a legitimate response, just common.
It is illegal in Kansas to perform late term abortions for viable fetuses. So I'm going to take a wild guess and believe this doctor was not aborting viable fetuses.

Not to mention he recently was acquitted of just that charge.

But your view point is interesting...do you really think that many people think it is okay to kill doctors that perform abortions?

No, I think it is wildly out of the mainstream of thought on the subject. Unless by "many" you mean in raw numbers. If there are 50 people who think it's a really righteous thing to kill a person who kills so many (their thought pattern, not mine), then that's a lot. To them the moral equation would be similar to that of a person faced with the question of whether they could kill the gas chamber operator at Auschwitz.

I think there are, in raw terms, a lot of people doing that mental calculus. On a percentage basis, they wouldn't even register as measurable. That doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of people on that side of the debate who don't believe as he believed and therefore understand his actions even if they wouldn't do the same thing themselves.

The perp could try out an interesting defense...he could blame Bill O'Reilly for cranking him up. From what I understand O'Reilly has talked about Tiller for years and claimed that anyone that didn't stop him had blood on their hands.:eusa_eh:

I'm a Justice O'Connor pro-choice person. Basically, she struck the balance that if you could take it out and it would live, its a baby, if you can't, then it isn't. My understanding is Tiller performed late term abortions. As I would view things, there are very few good reasons for doing late-terms, I'm open to hearing Tiller's side on that, maybe he only did legit late terms, I don't know and not being an O'Reilly viewer, I've never heard of the guy.

I've often wondered about this debate if the animosity level of the "debate" wasn't exacerbated by the undemocratic method of its legalization.

If one side of this debate legitimately and honestly believes that murder is being perpetrated on a massive scale on a daily basis, then I think eventually the people on the other side are going to have to come to terms with that in some way. I don't have the answer, but if the concerned side feels shut down and shut out, the normal reaction to that is violence. Not to say that is a legitimate response, just common.
It is illegal in Kansas to perform late term abortions for viable fetuses. So I'm going to take a wild guess and believe this doctor was not aborting viable fetuses.

But your view point is interesting...do you really think that many people think it is okay to kill doctors that perform abortions?

You obviously do or are a troll. You pick.

Don't flatter yourselves. The shooter had an extensive criminal record and no one was able to protect anyone from him. You gonna round up everyone with pro-life bumper stickers?

Please don't give them any ideas. I'm already concerned about this enough. Call me paranoid, but I am concerned that the way things are going it will become a crime to be Pro-life.

Immie

Great idea, Immie. I'm going to write my liberal congress people right now. I'm going to ask them to institute a thought police to arrest all conservatives who believe that abortion is wrong. That's what liberals are about: making everyone like them or putting them in jail. You know how we liberals are about putting people in jail. Oh, wait, no, it's conservatives who are tough on crime. Whoops. Nevermind.

You obviously do or are a troll. You pick.
If I have to pick I'll have to go with troll since I obviously don't believe that many people think it is okay to kill doctors.

But you keep dancing around and talking about arsonists, moron.

Immie

Obama would do that in a minute. Holder would assist him.

Immie

Great idea, Immie. I'm going to write my liberal congress people right now. I'm going to ask them to institute a thought police to arrest all conservatives who believe that abortion is wrong. That's what liberals are about: making everyone like them or putting them in jail. You know how we liberals are about putting people in jail. Oh, wait, no, it's conservatives who are tough on crime. Whoops. Nevermind.

Well, Political Correctness is a tool of the left, not the right. That is thought policing. It is active and in force on every college campus in the country. So, it is, in fact, right up the left's alley.

Immie

Well, Political Correctness is a tool of the left, not the right. That is thought policing. It is active and in force on every college campus in the country. So, it is, in fact, right up the left's alley.
Why do you hate America, Tech? Has anyone ever said that to you...two or three hundred times? GMAFB. All extremists are thought police and the right is just as bad.

Touche. So, both factions are equally able to spawn extremists which are murderous. I got it.

You are right on that one. There are extremists on either side that will kill for their cause. The man that murdered Dr. Tiller deserves to be handed over to the courts and let them decide the proper course of action.

I hope he doesn't get off on a technicality.

Immie

That is a mischaracterization. #1. I'm a radical leftist and I HATE PC. #2. A famous liberal once had a tv show called "Politcally Incorrect". The right has been trying to pin this label on us and succeeding among their own kind. Hate speech is not Political Correctness. And Political Correctness is not a law. Who supports the FCC? Liberals? No.

Why do you hate America, Tech? Has anyone ever said that to you...two or three hundred times? GMAFB. All extremists are thought police and the right is just as bad.

Actually, I went to American University and I was in the Army, so yes, they've said that and a lot worse. I was definitely suspect and one that needed immediate and constant shouting down so that my views would conform to the liberal mainstream.

I remain unrepentant.

Forum List

Back