Abortion Doctor George Tiller Reportedly Killed at Church

Well, Political Correctness is a tool of the left, not the right. That is thought policing. It is active and in force on every college campus in the country. So, it is, in fact, right up the left's alley.

That is a mischaracterization. #1. I'm a radical leftist and I HATE PC. #2. A famous liberal once had a tv show called "Politcally Incorrect". The right has been trying to pin this label on us and succeeding among their own kind. Hate speech is not Political Correctness. And Political Correctness is not a law. Who supports the FCC? Liberals? No.

Just because you are not "PC" or at least just because you don't want to legislate political correctness does not mean that there are not leftist out there that want to legislate just that. Some time ago someone posted on this board an article written by a homosexual activist that spoke about what the homosexual community had to do in order to win their cause. The thread was "What is the Gay Agenda?" and I think Ravi started it. Basically, the entire article was about making people politically correct.

Is it possible that pro-choice activists will win this battle and make it a crime to be pro-life? Absolutely, another article with an entire thread of its own was posted about a memo that went out not long after President Obama became President (and yes, it was instituted under the Bush Admin and in fact is I believe the article Ravi was alluding to in to OP) discussing right wing activists and naming the pro-life movement specifically. Yes, it is possible that I may someday wake up to find myself a criminal because I think killing unborn children is wrong.

edit:

Of course, it is also possible that someday you, as a member of the pro-choice movement, might someday wake up and find that my side won and you are scheduled for execution tomorrow at dawn. ;)

Immie

Last edited:
Does it take the death of a human to upgrade acts of criminal violence to something worth consideration?

Which crime is sometimes considered a capital crime and punishable by death: MURDER or ARSON?

Dumb ass. Maybe you should get a refund from what ever college you went to to get your doctor's license.

Anyone else notice the left is full of people with degrees that are about as smart as a damn rock?

Well, Political Correctness is a tool of the left, not the right. That is thought policing. It is active and in force on every college campus in the country. So, it is, in fact, right up the left's alley.

That is a mischaracterization. #1. I'm a radical leftist and I HATE PC. #2. A famous liberal once had a tv show called "Politcally Incorrect". The right has been trying to pin this label on us and succeeding among their own kind. Hate speech is not Political Correctness. And Political Correctness is not a law. Who supports the FCC? Liberals? No.

You are twisting and spinning and turning as fast as you can, but it isn't the right wingers enforcing the speech codes on the college campus, it's the left. I now understand that what you mean when you say that you're left-wing and you "hate it" is that if you don't agree with something then it was always "the other" that did it not someone like you. Sorry, but if you wanna be a left winger, you get the PC police baggage that goes with them.

"Politically Incorrect" was an irony. You didn't get it I guess. (Or, you could take the alternate answer, please read Rules for Radicals and tell me if you understand better.)

The right has been trying to pin what are you? Paranoid. Like I haven't attended college in the last 20 years?

I think the FCC should be abolished, therefore the right doesn't support the FCC. (Sound Familiar). Now that Obama is in office and in charge of the FCC, he'll be disbanding it as a budget cut, right? Yeah, i thought not.

Which crime is sometimes considered a capital crime and punishable by death: MURDER or ARSON?

Actually both, I just learned earlier in this thread, if the arson resulted in someone's (not the arsonist's obviously) death.

Technically, I think if Arson results in the death of another human being, a second charge of murder is added to the charge of arson and the murderer/arsonist is charged with both crimes which would still mean that it was murder that was the capital offense not arson.

I'm not a lawyer, but I think that is how the charges would work.

Immie

Just because you are not "PC" or at least just because you don't want to legislate political correctness does not mean that there are not leftist out there that want to legislate just that. Some time ago someone posted on this board an article written by a homosexual activist that spoke about what the homosexual community had to do in order to win their cause. The thread was "What is the Gay Agenda?" and I think Ravi started it. Basically, the entire article was about making people politically correct.

I think you are over-generalizing here, my friend. The Left isn't the only culprit behind PC, its just that the Left has been labeled that way. Like I said, who supports the FCC? Its isn't the left. PC is just another form of censorship, only it isn't legislated. Sara Palin tried to have a book removed from her local library because it dealt with homosexuality. What's worse? Censorship by state officials or some people crying racist because you used a non-PC word or being fined for saying "Fuck" on TV?

Is it possible that pro-choice activists will win this battle and make it a crime to be pro-life? Absolutely, another article with an entire thread of its own was posted about a memo that went out not long after President Obama became President (and yes, it was instituted under the Bush Admin and in fact is I believe the article Ravi was alluding to in to OP) discussing right wing activists and naming the pro-life movement specifically. Yes, it is possible that I may someday wake up to find myself a criminal because I think killing unborn children is wrong.

Immie[/QUOTE]

I think it is an irrational fear to feel the one day you will be a criminal for being pro-life. Can you cite any examples of past governmental behavior in this country that would suggest such a thing? Oh, McCarthyism. Well, that was the rightwingers behind that and not the liberals who were its victims. However, were you to give speeches as a leader in your community to kill abortion doctors, and one of your followers were to actually kill an abortion doctor, then I think you should be held culpable of hate speech. Charles Manson never killed anyone, but do you think he should be free.

Immie

I think you are over-generalizing here, my friend. The Left isn't the only culprit behind PC, its just that the Left has been labeled that way.

See my edit.

Like I said, who supports the FCC? Its isn't the left. PC is just another form of censorship, only it isn't legislated.

Really? Ever hear of The "Fairness" Doctrine?

Sara Palin tried to have a book removed from her local library because it dealt with homosexuality. What's worse? Censorship by state officials or some people crying racist because you used a non-PC word or being fined for saying "Fuck" on TV?

And what about Tipper Gore trying to get music banned or was it just labeled so kids couldn't listen to it?

I think it is an irrational fear to feel the one day you will be a criminal for being pro-life. Can you cite any examples of past governmental behavior in this country that would suggest such a thing? Oh, McCarthyism. Well, that was the rightwingers behind that and not the liberals who were its victims. However, were you to give speeches as a leader in your community to kill abortion doctors, and one of your followers were to actually kill an abortion doctor, then I think you should be held culpable of hate speech. Charles Manson never killed anyone, but do you think he should be free.

Have you read the DHS memo that Ravi alluded to in the OP?

The memo actually claimed that pro-lifers were a threat to be "monitored". What comes after monitoring? That is right, you get an A for answering... criminalization.

Immie

I think you are over-generalizing here, my friend. The Left isn't the only culprit behind PC, its just that the Left has been labeled that way. Like I said, who supports the FCC? Its isn't the left. PC is just another form of censorship, only it isn't legislated. Sara Palin tried to have a book removed from her local library because it dealt with homosexuality. What's worse? Censorship by state officials or some people crying racist because you used a non-PC word or being fined for saying "Fuck" on TV?

Immie

There is a difference between inciting someone to violence and free speech.

While I think we are actually on the same side on the censorship/PC issue, you have to wake up and see that the left is just as big a perpetrator of this outrage as the right. I think even worse because they prevent the free exchange of ideas in the one place where it should be sacrosanct.

Last edited:
Sara Palin tried to have a book removed from her local library because it dealt with homosexuality.

snopes.com: Books Banned by Sarah Palin

That didn't help Palin's image at all ... and it's one of the other reasons I never liked her.

What you mean is the LIE told damaged her Image. She never recommended a single book be removed, EVER. She never ask for any to be removed, she never made a single attempt to list any books as needing to be banned.

You are twisting and spinning and turning as fast as you can, but it isn't the right wingers enforcing the speech codes on the college campus, it's the left. I now understand that what you mean when you say that you're left-wing and you "hate it" is that if you don't agree with something then it was always "the other" that did it not someone like you. Sorry, but if you wanna be a left winger, you get the PC police baggage that goes with them.

Yeah, okay, you must be the PC expert around here. I went to CU Boulder until only two years ago and never experienced any PC police. In fact, it was the Right who threw a fit about one of our (albeit phony) professor's term "little eichmann". He was even wrongfully fired because of University officials put under pressure from Colorado's then Republican governor (Churchill won the lawsuit in court last month mostly because of the former governor's testimony).

"Politically Incorrect" was an irony. You didn't get it I guess. (Or, you could take the alternate answer, please read Rules for Radicals and tell me if you understand better.)

No, I guess I didn't get it. To me it meant that liberalism was considered politically incorrect. I guess it all depends on one's point of view: me - liberal, you - not liberal.

The right has been trying to pin what are you? Paranoid. Like I haven't attended college in the last 20 years?

Really. Paranoid. Like conservatives calling judges who don't agree with their politics "activist judges" or other labels for liberals like "baby killers"? That isn't paranoia, its a rational reaction called expectation.

I think the FCC should be abolished, therefore the right doesn't support the FCC. (Sound Familiar).

So your saying your point is invalid?

Now that Obama is in office and in charge of the FCC, he'll be disbanding it as a budget cut, right? Yeah, i thought not.

So, since Obama, the first minority president under incredible partisan scrutiny doesn't disband the FCC liberals support it? Whose spinning?

That didn't help Palin's image at all ... and it's one of the other reasons I never liked her.

What you mean is the LIE told damaged her Image. She never recommended a single book be removed, EVER. She never ask for any to be removed, she never made a single attempt to list any books as needing to be banned.

Whether it's a lie or not, the is nothing to suggest either way, and I don't like censorship, you know that. So, even a rumor of it has me on edge now, it's gotten out of hand, and there was no evidence Palin didn't support it, speculation on both sides. Or did you miss the outrage I have over the other "possible" censorship supporters?

Actually, the "victims" of McCarthy's, as it turns out, were commies working against the US after all.

Whether it's a lie or not, the is nothing to suggest either way, and I don't like censorship, you know that. So, even a rumor of it has me on edge now, it's gotten out of hand, and there was no evidence Palin didn't support it, speculation on both sides. Or did you miss the outrage I have over the other "possible" censorship supporters?

But did you read the Snopes.com article?

As it said, Harry Potter wasn't even out when this discussion was said to have taken place. It was a lie, just like the lie that went out that Hillary Clinton wanted to tax every email $.05 in order to supplement the Postal Service.

That lie about the banning of books and many others worked to do Mrs. Palin a hell of a lot of damage just as the lies about Kerry worked against him. I'll admit that I didn't like John Kerry at all and much of that was due to things that I heard said about him many of which I now know to have been lies. Note: he's still an arrogant jackass in my books, but that is just a personal observation. :) Also, note, I don't say that just because he was a Democrat. I don't consider President Obama to be arrogant. I may not like his politics, but arrogant is not a word I would use to describe this President.

Immie

Using the same logic, I could say I was justified in hating you because someone said you skinned little children.

No proof needed..let's just believe everything we hear, and if anyone says something bad about someone, it doesn't matter if it's the truth or NOT, it's ENOUGH to blackball that person!

What a nitwit you are.

sotomayor once wanted two books banned from a public library says a someone who knows someone i don't know very well

Forum List

Back