Zone1 Abortion viewed through the lens of life expectancy.

I then not to converse with those that tell me to mind my own beeswax.
Best not converse with Jesus or God either then:
1+Peter+4-15+Make+Sure+You+Do+Not+Suffer+For+Evil+blue.jpg

images

A person is a person and every person is of equal value regardless of their age, infirmity, wealth, religion, race, etc.
Except corporations, serial axe murderers, arguably the non sentient, "etc." One who can't form beliefs can't cry about life expectancy as the OP does in his desperation to quickly paint all abortion murder.

Not all humans are sentient. If brain death marks the end of a life's "value" then sentience should mark its beginning. The non sentient may breathe, eat, and bleed but they cannot be ethical "persons."

Then there's all those other little flies in the ointment.. Like
Viability. Women's lives. Miscarriages. Rape. Education. Being a responsible doer rather than a miserable, demented hater..

Last edited:
Except corporations, serial axe murderers, arguably the non sentient, "etc." One who can't form beliefs can't cry about life expectancy as the OP does in his desperation to quickly paint all abortion murder.

Not all humans are sentient. If brain death marks the end of a life's "value" then sentience should mark its beginning. The non sentient may breathe, eat, and bleed but they cannot be ethical "persons."
I'm sure that axe murderer values his life as much as anyone but, you're right, we make judgements on who lives and who dies all the time. If you are a baby who happened to live in Hiroshima in 1945 your value was weighed against the lives of others and you lost. If you can't afford a life-saving medication in the US, you may be out of luck.

I am almost 60 years old. If someone were to kill me today, I would have already lived most of my expectant life. At most I might live another 40 or so years. Actually, I will be fortunate to live to be 80 which would be just a little over 20 years. I have already lived longer than my older brother who died unexpectantly at 56 years old.

If an 18 year old high school graduate is killed, he has been robbed of his adult life, but at least he got to live his childhood.

You can see where I'm going with this. The taking of a life through abortion takes everything form that individual.

What is the greater crime, taking the life of someone old who has already lived most of his life, or taking the life of someone young who has his whole life in front of him?

There is the old adage. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. That is sage advice. To count on something not guaranteed is unwise.

90% of abortions happen in the first trimester. There is no guarantee that those fetuses would come to term. Most probably would. But probably isn’t certain. You are granting that Fetus a full life, and it is barely a collection of cells at that point.

The fetus being born, with any chance of a full life, counts on the Mother radically changing her life. No caffeine, no alcohol, no medications they might affect the fetuses growth. And that is just the dietary considerations.

A thousand things can and do go wrong. But let’s take a thousand fetuses. And consider what is likely to happen.

At least four of them will be stillborn. That is where everything looked good but the baby was dead when it emerged.

There is the old adage. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch. That is sage advice. To count on something not guaranteed is unwise.

90% of abortions happen in the first trimester. There is no guarantee that those fetuses would come to term. Most probably would. But probably isn’t certain. You are granting that Fetus a full life, and it is barely a collection of cells at that point.

The fetus being born, with any chance of a full life, counts on the Mother radically changing her life. No caffeine, no alcohol, no medications they might affect the fetuses growth. And that is just the dietary considerations.

A thousand things can and do go wrong. But let’s take a thousand fetuses. And consider what is likely to happen.

At least four of them will be stillborn. That is where everything looked good but the baby was dead when it emerged.
None of us are guaranteed to be alive tomorrow, but statistically most of us can expect to live a nice long life, even a fetus if it is not aborted.

About 1 in 5000 live to be 100. That's 0.02 % of people.

The first born of Egypt were innocent along with the great flood.

The parents of the first born of Egypt were given ample opportunities to save them (and apparently many did).

How do you know there were any innocent people killed in the great flood? If you say "what about the children(I've seen this argument many times) how do you know there were any "children alive at the time of the flood?? IIRC in Genesis the last people reported to have been born prior to the flood were Noah's sons and they were all over 100 years old by the time of the flood.

I am almost 60 years old. If someone were to kill me today, I would have already lived most of my expectant life. At most I might live another 40 or so years. Actually, I will be fortunate to live to be 80 which would be just a little over 20 years. I have already lived longer than my older brother who died unexpectantly at 56 years old.

If an 18 year old high school graduate is killed, he has been robbed of his adult life, but at least he got to live his childhood.

You can see where I'm going with this. The taking of a life through abortion takes everything form that individual.

What is the greater crime, taking the life of someone old who has already lived most of his life, or taking the life of someone young who has his whole life in front of him?

There is no "individual" involved so nothing is taken from a person. I also note that you have no mention of the woman and what her life will be if forced to carry and bear this child. What happens to her life if she lacks the ability to carry this child to term, or to care for him after he's born?

There is also no mention in your post waxxing eloquently about a "young life lost" of the hundreds of young women who are dying of pregnancy complications as state after state bans abortions at 12 weeks, or earlier, just as the complications of pregnancy become most dangerous for pregnant women, and miscarriages are less likely to be complete without surgical assistance.

The death rate from the complications of pregnancy and childbirth have risen by 50% since 2021, and in states where abortion has been banned, the death rate for pregnant women has doubled.

So take your "young lives never lived" and shove it right up your stupid ass.

There is no "individual" involved so nothing is taken from a person. I also note that you have no mention of the woman and what her life will be if forced to carry and bear this child. What happens to her life if she lacks the ability to carry this child to term, or to care for him after he's born?

There is also no mention in your post waxxing eloquently about a "young life lost" of the hundreds of young women who are dying of pregnancy complications as state after state bans abortions at 12 weeks, or earlier, just as the complications of pregnancy become most dangerous for pregnant women, and miscarriages are less likely to be complete without surgical assistance.

The death rate from the complications of pregnancy and childbirth have risen by 50% since 2021, and in states where abortion has been banned, the death rate for pregnant women has doubled.

Triggered!

Abortion is not a medical practice that saves a woman's life.

Women who are dying never ever seek an abortion to save their life.

Abortions are never performed anywhere to save the life of a woman.

If hundreds of young women are searching for abortion clinics for emergency medical procedures, they are beyond stupid and misinformed.

Abortion is not a medical practice that saves a woman's life.

Women who are dying never ever seek an abortion to save their life.

Abortions are never performed anywhere to save the life of a woman.

If hundreds of young women are searching for abortion clinics for emergency medical procedures, they are beyond stupid and misinformed.

Never happens. Got it.

Damn you that doesn’t happen.

Stop that. It never ever happens.

I said stop it. It never happens. Stop lying.

Motherfucker. I said stop. Don’t make me slap you around. I have been reliably informed that this never happens.

Ok you son of a bitch. I’m don’t talking to you. You just won’t figure out how this never ever happens. Women do not die in Childbirth. God protects them.

Forum List

Back