about hats

I love hats. Always have...I will post a few as the discussion progresses as each hat has a story.....

This an Akubra Federation Deluxe IV. An older set of hat blocks we believe date back to the 1920's was used to shape this hat. The Heritage Grade fur is the closest rabbit fur grade to Beaver Felt.

Snapshot_20090303_4.jpg

I always wondered. Is your first name, Sean?

I love hats. Always have...I will post a few as the discussion progresses as each hat has a story.....

This an Akubra Federation Deluxe IV. An older set of hat blocks we believe date back to the 1920's was used to shape this hat. The Heritage Grade fur is the closest rabbit fur grade to Beaver Felt.

Snapshot_20090303_4.jpg

I always wondered. Is your first name, Sean?

Yes it is...

Here is my "Plantation" Montecristi Panama hat. The hat is woven in Ecuador and shaped by hand by a man in Hawaii. While the material is straw it has the feel of a fine linen.

IMG_0736_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0735_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0741_edited-1.jpg

I also like hats! I have all sort of hats, felt hats, caps, pill box hats, ladies vintage hats ..and berets too :D

My favorite hat? A blue baseball cap that says "U.S. Navy - Retired" with the Naval seal on it.

Used to be a pigskin Aussie hat that I'd gotten while up in Sturgis one year (was still on active duty at the time), but my retired ballcap is now my favorite.

Favorite hat story? Telling about the time I'd spent around 3 months working my ass off to qualify for the At Sea Fire Party. Why did I do it? Simple.................all the regular crew members wore Navy blue ballcaps with gold stitching. If you were a member of the At Sea Fire Party? You got to wear a red one with gold stitching.

Whole reason I spent so much time and effort (as well as was given the priviledge of being pulled out of bed at 0200 for fires if necessary), was simply because I thought the red hats looked cooler.

Forum List

Back