About that Google Web Site

That Google was building a website for virus screening? They just said they are not. Is this fool Drumpf going senile before our eyes?

Despite Trump’s claims, Google isn’t building the coronavirus screening site — and it’s not ready – TechCrunch

"In a press conference at the White House, President Trump today announced that 1,700 Google engineers were working on a coronavirus screening site. That site was supposedly the first step in a new screening process that would lead people from figuring out if their symptoms warranted more testing to the location of new “drive through” testing stations. But Trump was wrong. This screening site isn’t being developed by Google . Instead, it’s being built by Verily, Alphabet’s life science division — and it’s not ready to launch yet either."

Alphabet Inc. (GOOG) Stock Price, Quote, History & News - Yahoo Finance
You might want to check your link.

Alphabet’s Verily is building COVID-19 triaging tool as Trump declares national emergency (Updated)

"U.S. President Trump announced the news (although he erroneously said Google was building the tool) today while declaring a national emergency today in a White House press conference. "

Are Alphabet and Google unrelated?
No Google owns Alphabet. Are you saying that Drumpf went for name recognition instead of the actual company?

He can always come back later and deny he ever said it. Like he did with "Tim Apple".
Is there a Tim Alphanet? Or maybe a George Google?.

s-l300.jpg

You can tell he went for name recognition on this one to make himself look more important. What sad is that he could have easily said the correct company and then mentioned that it was a sister company of Google.

Alphabet’s Verily is building COVID-19 triaging tool as Trump declares national emergency (Updated)

"U.S. President Trump announced the news (although he erroneously said Google was building the tool) today while declaring a national emergency today in a White House press conference. "

No Google owns Alphabet. Are you saying that Drumpf went for name recognition instead of the actual company?

No Google owns Alphabet.

Or Alphabet owns Google.

Are you saying that....

You're an idiot. Yes.
Thats even worse. Why did he claim Google when its Verily (Alphabet) thats doing it?

Why did he claim Google when its Verily (Alphabet) thats doing it?

The company used to be Google. They split it up to separate the search engine from the rest.
The parent company is now named Alphabet. Verily is a division.

upload_2020-3-13_22-19-29.png

Alphabet Inc. - Wikipedia.

That Google was building a website for virus screening? They just said they are not. Is this fool Drumpf going senile before our eyes?

Despite Trump’s claims, Google isn’t building the coronavirus screening site — and it’s not ready – TechCrunch

"In a press conference at the White House, President Trump today announced that 1,700 Google engineers were working on a coronavirus screening site. That site was supposedly the first step in a new screening process that would lead people from figuring out if their symptoms warranted more testing to the location of new “drive through” testing stations. But Trump was wrong. This screening site isn’t being developed by Google . Instead, it’s being built by Verily, Alphabet’s life science division — and it’s not ready to launch yet either."

Alphabet Inc. is an American multinational conglomerate headquartered in Mountain View, California. It was created through a corporate restructuring of Google on October 2, 2015,[2] and became the parent company of Google and several former Google subsidiaries.[3][4][5] The two founders of Google assumed executive roles in the new company, with Larry Page serving as CEO and Sergey Brin as president.[6] Alphabet is the world's fourth-largest technology company by revenue and one of the world's most valuable companies.[7][8]

Someone told him google or he wouldn’t have called it google.
So he picks people that lie to him?
Oh come on Asclepias. You failed. Give it up.

You're splitting hairs, Bub. Google and Verily are both part of Alphabet. Verily is developing it and Google is helping. Don't make a mountain out of a pile of hoss dump.

Because President Trump knows that most Americans have never heard of Verily, but they do know Google. Verily = Google Life Sciences.

Another great example of the 16,000 “lies” the left likes to act butt hurt over.

Because Alphabet IS Google?? You know that don't ya?

No Google owns Alphabet.

So, it's being developed by Google through a wholly owned subsidiary.
No. Its being developed by Verily. Claiming that google is developing it is like claiming that Kia is making Hyundai Sonatas.

Not actually.. The CORRECT analogy would be claiming that Jaguar makes Land Rovers....

Jaguar Land Rover - Wikipedia

And actually BOTH of them are owned by little Indian TaTa motors...

Because President Trump knows that most Americans have never heard of Verily, but they do know Google. Verily = Google Life Sciences.

Another great example of the 16,000 “lies” the left likes to act butt hurt over.

Oh I doubt Rump has any idea what "most Americans have heard of". T'other day at the CDC he claimed to be shocked that flu kills people and said he had no idea ---- which is kind of strange since a flu virus killed his own grandfather at the ripe old age of 49.

Oh I doubt Rump has any idea what "most Americans have heard of". T'other day at the CDC he claimed to be shocked that flu kills people and said he had no idea ---- which is kind of strange since a flu virus killed his own grandfather at the ripe old age of 49.

Yet another Fake news (exaggeration or misstatement at best) that you just inhaled with gusto...

Yet another Fake news (exaggeration or misstatement at best) that you just inhaled with gusto...

Oh no, that's very real, and documented.

>> “I never heard those numbers. I would’ve been shocked. I would’ve said, ‘Does anybody die from the flu? I didn’t know people died from the flu.’" <<​

Mind you, I'm NOT saying I didn't inhale............ :eusa_shifty:

>> “I never heard those numbers. I would’ve been shocked. I would’ve said, ‘Does anybody die from the flu? I didn’t know people died from the flu.’" <<​

Yeah, not buying it because the "Beast" didn't quote a primary source... Who'd he say it to? Where's the corroborating stories on this?

That's a very New Yorker reaction.. Heard similar expressions all the time in my family.. When faced with an extraordinarily unexpected statistic that was higher than they imagined.. Like MOST things Trump, even the New Yorkers at CNN will make a fuss about New Yorkers exaggerating stuff.. And CNN is where this latest "outrage" seems to have originated..

But Texans never do...

LOL I unignored him just to watch him claim Google is not Alphabet . And it was worth it :)

Yeah, not buying it because the "Beast" didn't quote a primary source... Who'd he say it to? Where's the corroborating stories on this?

Asslips just ran with what he was told..and didnt bother to read. How many times do I have to point out that these people arent really human?

" “We appreciate the support of government officials and industry partners and thank the Google engineers who have volunteered to be part of this effort.”

I linked the Beast because WaPo and NYT and an annoyingly growing number of primary news sites are paywalls but here:
WaPo story / CNN / Independent UK / MSN / The Atlanta Voice

Also linked the Beast because it has food-for-thought content about Woodrow Wilson's fucked-up handling of that flu and the comparison. Wilson too didn't want to admit what was going on. In fact, as you'll notice, the "Spanish Flu" of that time was so-called only because Spain, being not involved in the Great War, was the only afflicted country reporting its epidemic numbers honestly.

Here he is on video delivering the quote. Watch it before it gets disappeared.

Last edited:

Bet you wish you had kept away from the keyboard now lol. The media doesnt care about you. You are just a useful idiot with a high tolerance for embarrassment.

I linked the Beast because WaPo and NYT and an annoyingly growing number of primary news sites are paywalls but here:
WaPo story / CNN / Independent UK / MSN / The Atlanta Voice

Also linked the Beast because it has food-for-thought content about Woodrow Wilson's fucked-up handling of that flu and the comparison. Wilson too didn't want to admit what was going on. In fact, as you'll notice, the "Spanish Flu" of that time was so-called only because Spain, being not involved in the Great War, was the only afflicted country reporting its epidemic numbers honestly.

Here he is on video delivering the quote. Watch it before it gets disappeared.

All of that media you're quoting is just like Mean Girl lunch table gossip.. Reading the Atlanta Voice column makes me think they are all unstable teenagers.. NOT journalists...

Forum List

Back