About this wall

Trump is willing to negotiate about the wall and accept less than $5b, and the democrats are insisting on "no wall". That means that the dems now own the shutdown. Hope they enjoy making the families suffer during the holidays, they will not get a paycheck 1/11/19.
your guy Owns it. thank Goodness for modern information age times; we have witnesses now.
If someone is willing to compromise, and the other party is unwilling to compromise, then the unwilling party owns the impasse. Trump will never give up on the wall even if the dems let the government workers starve...
there is no Express wall building power.

"Nobody has the intention of building a wall." - GDR head of state Walter Ulbricht, East Berlin, June 15th 1961

A few month later, in August 1961 he thanked the labour force for erecting this wall.

It’s purpose; protecting eastern Germany from western spies, insurgents and intrusion of undesirable elements.

A wall is always going to have two sides. Perhaps the actual, acute need for a wall, in reality, isn’t that desperate? More like a political trophy of some kind?
I always love it when a stupid fuck tries to compare the Berlin wall to what Trump wants to build.

YOU ARE ALL SO FUCKING STUPID.

The Berlin wall WAS NOT BUILT TO KEEP PEOPLE OUT YOU DUMB FUCK!!!!

You and the stupid fucking LOSERS that agree with your fucking ignorant bullshit are fucking morons.

THE BERLIN WALL WAS BUILT TO KEEP PEOPLE IN......YOU FUCK!!!!!!!

It was a prison wall YOU DUMB FUCKING MORON!!!!!!!

No one was trying to break into East Germany to LIVE THERE YOU FUCKING MORONS!!!!!!

The East Germans were sure as hell TRYING TO GET OUT YOU FUCKING MORONS!!!!!

The question I have for a viking pussy like you is this.....

DO YOU GET THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE OR NOT!?!?!?!?!?!

You fucking morons

Dick Durbin wants more security at the port of entry. Dumbass. Bad guys, asylum seekers and those who want to enter illegally do not enter at the port of entry so we need a wall plus more border guards that do not catch and release but deport upon crossing. Plus the incentives, automatic birthright, and businesses that hire cheap labor we need mandatory E-Verify. If the cannot work and produce an anchor baby they will not come. No path to citizenship which is just another word for amnesty. I jaywalked once and the officer sent me back to cross the street legally at the light and I am legal.

"Nobody has the intention of building a wall." - GDR head of state Walter Ulbricht, East Berlin, June 15th 1961

A few month later, in August 1961 he thanked the labour force for erecting this wall.

It’s purpose; protecting eastern Germany from western spies, insurgents and intrusion of undesirable elements.

A wall is always going to have two sides. Perhaps the actual, acute need for a wall, in reality, isn’t that desperate? More like a political trophy of some kind?
I always love it when a stupid fuck tries to compare the Berlin wall to what Trump wants to build.

You and the stupid fucking LOSERS that agree with your fucking ignorant bullshit are fucking morons.

No one was trying to break into East Germany to LIVE THERE YOU FUCKING MORONS!!!!!!

You fucking morons
If you read through the thread you will find it to be mainly a discussion about the symbolic value of this - and other walls.
But, scared as you are you feel that you are somehow attacked here, you weren’t so you might as well relax.
You won’t find people in agreement, we think differently - some believe Trumps Wall to be only practical some believe the opposite. Good arguments though, I, for one, have learned something and have done some re-evaluation.

You fucking morons
Everyone knows the real purpose of the Berlin Wall. But the regime of GDR called this project an Anti-Fascist Protection Wall. Fooling no one of course. In retrospect it’s interesting to not forget the heated rethoric of the time.
Discussions are quite polarised right now too, your post, in pure anger is a good example of that.

You won’t find people in agreement, we think differently - some believe Trumps Wall to be only practical some believe the opposite. Good arguments though, I, for one, have learned something and have done some re-evaluation.

Care to share what you learned, and how that changed your evaluation?

I learned something about how people feel about the physical security around the border. Also read a bit about how border security is set up. And also that arguments against the wall are to some extent based purely on objection of Trump. As well as the opposite. (Here “The Wall” is only symbolical and it already exists as a concept)

I still think the wall is very symbolical, but not only. I’m well in over my head on the practical details, but I do understand people arguing for this wall a lot better.

And I have a prediction:
The border is going to have some physical installations done, enough to have Trump declare victory and yet not so much the opposition won’t be able to do the same. Then we will see endless discussions and walls-throughout-time-comparisons here about who “won”.

I learned something about how people feel about the physical security around the border. Also read a bit about how border security is set up. And also that arguments against the wall are to some extent based purely on objection of Trump. As well as the opposite. (Here “The Wall” is only symbolical and it already exists as a concept)

I still think the wall is very symbolical, but not only. I’m well in over my head on the practical details, but I do understand people arguing for this wall a lot better.

Thanks.

Though I have to admit that the talk about "symbolical" still sets my teeth on edge, particularly so in case what the symbol stands for is never explained. A symbol obviously points to something, and that either exists in the real world, or it is purely imaginary. In the latter case, that symbol would provide poor guidance for policy making, no?

I somewhat tentatively agree with your prediction, not least because insecure White males' insecurity will not go away because of whatever portion of the wall may be built, and thus they will demand "more security". It's the very nature of merely "symbolic" policy making. Moreover, the GOP has come to rely on fear from, and contempt of, the Other to such an extent they are addicted to it, thus extending the lifetime of this current xenophobic frenzy.

The funny thing about a wall

Someone will always want to climb it

Much like when asked why people climb mount everest

"You realize you are able to face a wall and overcome that wall.”

"Because it's there"

Last edited:

"Because it's there"

Most won’t though.

"Because it's there"
/——/ Piglosi should tear down the wall around her vineyard estate. Someone tell the rich bitch walls don’t work.

"Because it's there"
The funny thing about idiots is that they don't know they are idiots, and they spew their idiot opinions as if they were pure brilliance.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back