🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Abraham Lincoln on trial

Funny how we were never taught this stuff in school, isn't it?

Not Funny, just sad.
You have to remember it is the winners who write the history books.
Today, it is not only the winners but the Politically Correct Police that add their spin to it
before their history is published and taught in schools.

Yes.....seceding from the greatest country on earth will do that

According to nitwits like you, states can't secede. So when where the states ever not part of the union?

LOL. That was settled at Appomatox. Prior to the Civil war, it was the United States 'are'. After the Civil War, it is the United States 'is'. And nobody is going to change that.

You lost the election in a resounding manner. Just as predicted you started with hollering 'fraud', that didn't work, now you are screaming 'Succession'. And next it will be dark muttering about 'Second Amendment' solutions.

You lost. Stop acting and sounding like an angry adolescent.

You got to get out of the basement, kid.

The southern states could have rejoined the Union, sent reps and senators to DC, and voted on the amendments there, and then allowed their citizens to vote in the states.

Only the states themselves barred themselves from particpating.

You going to ignore your lie about the "entirety" of a legislature being arrested by Lincoln?

According to the Lincoln apologists, including the ones Lincoln appointed to the Supreme Court, the Confederate states were never separate from the union. Therefore your excuse is obviously wrong. If they were actually separate, then all your idiotic rationalizations for federal troops occupying Fort Sumter go out the window.

Which is it? Were the Confederate States sovereign countries or part of the United States?

You are closer to the truth than you know. Until we declared independence, the people of this country thought of themselves as British subjects.

However, it does not matter. We won that war and the States later agreed to enter into a Union.

The first duty of ANY President is to preserve and protect this union, against all enemies, FOREIGN and DOMESTIC.

That is what he did.

It is an exercise in worthlessness to apply today's hyper-partisan mores onto people who made choices over 140 years ago.

I do not consider people who lose elections and wanting to secede from their country as having an moral clarity or even being on the right side of the issue.

I consider it cowardice that they would rather run away than fight for that they claim to love so much.
That is not what is in the presidential oath of office, here, read it,
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of president of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

According to nitwits like you, states can't secede. So when where the states ever not part of the union?

LOL. That was settled at Appomatox. Prior to the Civil war, it was the United States 'are'. After the Civil War, it is the United States 'is'. And nobody is going to change that.

So might makes right, eh bootlicker? If the Confederate states were part of the Union, the 13th and 14th Amenendments are illigitimate because 3/4 of the states didn't approve them as the Constitution specifies.

The problem with you bootlicking Lincoln apologists is that you can't keep all your arguments straight. For one issue, the Confederate states were part of the union, and for other issues, they were sovereign independent countries.

You lost the election in a resounding manner. Just as predicted you started with hollering 'fraud', that didn't work, now you are screaming 'Succession'. And next it will be dark muttering about 'Second Amendment' solutions.

ROFL! That's exactly how a overseer would have referred to slaves after administering a good whipping.

In other words, you endorse Stalin's policies because they made the Soviet Union a superpower?

Do you genuinely enjoy the taste of boot polish that much?

Pattycake, if you truly despise government that much, move to Somalia.

There's no shortage of government in Somalia. There are dozens of petty warlords with absolute power over every person in their domain.

If you love government so much, move to Cuba. Castro implemented all the policies that boot licking toadies like you admire.

The southern states could have rejoined the Union, sent reps and senators to DC, and voted on the amendments there, and then allowed their citizens to vote in the states.

You going to ignore your lie about the "entirety" of a legislature being arrested by Lincoln?

According to the Lincoln apologists, including the ones Lincoln appointed to the Supreme Court, the Confederate states were never separate from the union. Therefore your excuse is obviously wrong. If they were actually separate, then all your idiotic rationalizations for federal troops occupying Fort Sumter go out the window.

Which is it? Were the Confederate States sovereign countries or part of the United States?

Irrelevant. They are and will be continue to be part of the US of A as long as it exists.

I think the governments of the seceding states were considered to be in unlawful rebellion against the United States?

So might makes right, eh bootlicker? If the Confederate states were part of the Union, the 13th and 14th Amenendments are illigitimate because 3/4 of the states didn't approve them as the Constitution specifies.

The problem with you bootlicking Lincoln apologists is that you can't keep all your arguments straight. For one issue, the Confederate states were part of the union, and for other issues, they were sovereign independent countries.

ROFL! That's exactly how a overseer would have referred to slaves after administering a good whipping.

Well, you people just took a good whipping at the polls:D

Lincoln is one of the recognized best, and I'd put him in the top five. He had tough decisions to make, and he made them by the book. To wage war you need to do three things. The first is a clear goal, preserving the union. The second is to have a moral cause to rally the people, outlawing slavery. The last is to have the constitution to carry out the war to the very end, which cost him his life. Was he right back then? I believe he was, preservation of the union has proven to have been the correct descision. Should he have done everything else he did? Yep, it takes the percieved good and bad of his actions to come to the conclusion he wanted.

As for secession, we already have that. If you don't want to live in the state you live in for whatever reason, you have the freedom to leave that state. Same with the country if you don't like it, feel free to leave. What you can't do is make your neighbor leave with you.

Lincoln didn't care about freeing the slaves. His Emancipation Proclamation exempted all slave holding states that stayed with the union and all slaves in southern territory already under union control. IOW, he didn't really free anybody and only signed the Emancipation Proclamation to cause trouble in the south. If he could have ended the war without ending slavery, he would have.

Your analysis is mistaken. Your silliness, down there in the dark of the basement, is exacerbated by the criminal philosophy that you embrace. The rebellious states willingly excluded themselves from such deliberations. Yes, the amendments were constitutionally agreeable, and the southern states wrongly excluded themselves.

And you still are ignoring that you got it wrong on the Maryland legislature.

I will accept your silent affirmation that I am right as an apology. :lol:

You got to get out of the basement, kid. The southern states could have rejoined the Union, sent reps and senators to DC, and voted on the amendments there, and then allowed their citizens to vote in the states. Only the states themselves barred themselves from particpating.

According to the Lincoln apologists, including the ones Lincoln appointed to the Supreme Court, the Confederate states were never separate from the union. Therefore your excuse is obviously wrong. If they were actually separate, then all your idiotic rationalizations for federal troops occupying Fort Sumter go out the window. Which is it? Were the Confederate States sovereign countries or part of the United States?

Once Lincoln realized by the summer of 1862 that slavery had to die to save the Union, he embraced emancipation where he could get it (against the rebellious regions of the Union) and began working to prepare the way for an amendment ending slavery.

bripat forgets no libertarians were at the Convention.

Comrade Starkey forgets that the US Constitution was a Libertarian Revolution.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Patrick Henry
http://www.history.org/almanack/life/politics/giveme.cfm

he didn't say give me food stamps, health care he demanded LIBERTY

PS Starkey, be a man. , you can easily swim to Havana from Key West.

esther La Vista Dude..

Not, it was not. Classical liberals would never be libertarians: contradiction in terms.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Patrick Henry

esther La Vista Dude..

Not, it was not. Classical liberals would never be libertarians: contradiction in terms.

Patrick Henry

esther La Vista Dude..

Classical Liberalism was the term used until the fascists started calling themselves "liberals"

"Classical liberalism" is the term used to designate the ideology advocating private property, an unhampered market economy, the rule of law, constitutional guarantees of freedom of religion and of the press, and international peace based on free trade. Up until around 1900

At least you had the shame to not post lewrockwell.com.

Not acceptable, Contumacious, at all.

Patrick Henry

esther La Vista Dude..

Classical Liberalism was the term used until the fascists started calling themselves "liberals"

"Classical liberalism" is the term used to designate the ideology advocating private property, an unhampered market economy, the rule of law, constitutional guarantees of freedom of religion and of the press, and international peace based on free trade. Up until around 1900

What happened around 1900? Couldn't be that many realized that a totally unhampered market economy wasn't all it was cracked up to be, could it? Who would want to go back to the days when you couldn't trust the food you bought and you were forced to work long hours for low pay?

Abraham Lincoln on trial

He was tried, convicted, and executed long ago. And rightly so.

What happened around 1900? Couldn't be that many realized that a totally unhampered market economy wasn't all it was cracked up to be, could it? Who would want to go back to the days when you couldn't trust the food you bought and you were forced to work long hours for low pay?

Politicians decided that in order to acquire power, fame and profit they had to control the economy and pander to powerful factions such as the Parasites.

Forum List

Back