Abraham? Really?

So murder, sex outside marriage and incest wasnt frowned upon back then? Thats news to me.
Pretty common then. Even today. Incest not as much because the population is a whole lot larger today. And who did he murder? What's your definition of murder?
Yes, but it was against the religion. Thats what matters in this thread. I am holding him to biblical standards.
He was going to murder.. thats what i meant.
If God directed him to do something he was doing what he was told. Think about why that event occurred.
Islamists think god directs them to strap bombs to their childrens chest. Maybe you have a point..
Islam is a fabrication that takes what occurred and puts its spin to twist and deceive.
What occurred was a lesson that child sacrifice was not acceptable. If you look at the text, he said they would both be back. So he knew it was not a One way Trip for his son.

And the event took place on either where the Temple Mount was to be built or the hill of Calvary where the son of God was to die. Again the events being created so people could make the connection later.
Wonder why Jews still did it then? King Antiochus Epiphanes of Syria spoke of it being doctrine when he did it. At least, according to Josephus, thats what happened.
Jewish Ritual Murder seems to be stamped all over history.

Pretty common then. Even today. Incest not as much because the population is a whole lot larger today. And who did he murder? What's your definition of murder?
Yes, but it was against the religion. Thats what matters in this thread. I am holding him to biblical standards.
If God directed him to do something he was doing what he was told. Think about why that event occurred.
Islamists think god directs them to strap bombs to their childrens chest. Maybe you have a point..
Islam is a fabrication that takes what occurred and puts its spin to twist and deceive.
What occurred was a lesson that child sacrifice was not acceptable. If you look at the text, he said they would both be back. So he knew it was not a One way Trip for his son.

And the event took place on either where the Temple Mount was to be built or the hill of Calvary where the son of God was to die. Again the events being created so people could make the connection later.
Wonder why Jews still did it then? King Antiochus Epiphanes of Syria spoke of it being doctrine when he did it. At least, according to Josephus, thats what happened.
Color me shocked people sinned against God.

You fall into a trap of looking at the actions of evil people who don't follow Gods commands while not looking at the many that do follow them and the fruits they bring because of their discipline in following.

You fall into a trap of looking at the actions of evil people who don't follow Gods commands while not looking at the many that do follow them and the fruits they bring because of their discipline in following.
But that was typical doctrine, was it not? It was all over the OT. Least from what i could tell.

But that was typical doctrine, was it not? It was all over the OT. Least from what i could tell.
No, there was no child sacrifices by the Jews that I'm aware of. Are you referring to the law a parent could have their child killed? Requires consent from the town as well as mother AND father. There is no record of this occurring.

No, there was no child sacrifices by the Jews that I'm aware of. Are you referring to the law a parent could have their child killed? Requires consent from the town as well as mother AND father. There is no record of this occurring.
No, i dont think that was it. I cant remember off the top of my head. I could be wrong on interpretation though. But i remember it jumped out at me like a crackhead begging for money.

No, i dont think that was it. I cant remember off the top of my head. I could be wrong on interpretation though. But i remember it jumped out at me like a crackhead begging for money.
The people who occupied the land of Israel before the Jews took over were into some really horrific child sacrificing, maybe that was it.

The people who occupied the land of Israel before the Jews took over were into some really horrific child sacrificing, maybe that was it.
Maybe so man. Now, let me be clear, i wasnt being specific on "child sacrifice" just "human sacrifice"
Could that be where we go our seperate ways?

He had a concubine. Actually two if you count hagar. Although some scholars have said they were the same person.
He married his sister
He was subordinate to his sister wife
Made an illegitimate child and kicked him out
Lied to his son that he was going to kill him
He was obviously mentally ill. With some incest and sins in there.
My point is, how did this crazy person become the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
Apparently, despite all of these moral flaws and repugnant behavior, he was still chosen by god for loyalty. This "moral" God was able to look past all of his sins because he was willing to kill his child? WTF
And people say atheists have no morals? Lol

You really twisted this into a pretzel.
Abraham for the most part led a very faithful life. He was also human & began not trusting Gods promises. Thats when he took control and went with Hagar. He doubted Gods promises.
Everything about that story shows Gods grace.

He had a concubine. Actually two if you count hagar. Although some scholars have said they were the same person.
He married his sister
My point is, how did this crazy person become the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
Apparently, despite all of these moral flaws and repugnant behavior, he was still chosen by god for loyalty. This "moral" God was able to look past all of his sins because he was willing to kill his child? WTF
I like you; I really do.
You haven't a clue in this regard.
Stop reading atheist sites for Bible facts.

He married his sister

Abraham for the most part led a very faithful life. He was also human & began not trusting Gods promises. Thats when he took control and went with Hagar. He doubted Gods promises.
Those are all great stories.

I don't know why Moses thought he had to come up with them and put them into his first science fiction novel called Genesis (Bereshet in Hebrew).

Maybe he was just trying to explain that the Hebrews (Jews, Cohens, etc.) are Babylonians originally and that the Arabs are halfbreed Hebrews and halfbreed Egyptians ?!

He married his sister
Actually it was his half sister. He was allowed to have a concubine in those days. In fact his wife Sarah suggested it so the can have a baby. G-D told him to kill his son as a test.

Aside from this I'm sure he did make mistakes. All humans make mistakes.

How was he subordinate to his sister's wife?

Anyone who wants to sound "smart" (an insecurity which TNHarley obviously suffers from) need to profess either agnosticism or deism.

Atheists will always be viewed as heathens.

And theists will always be viewed as gullible.

Q.E.D.

He married his sister

How did i twist it? Thats what happened! There is no twisting. Thats just MY opinion. Sorry if me thinking incest and sex outside of marriage isnt "faithful"..

He married his sister
I like you; I really do.
I dont read that horseshit. All that stuff is in the bible, is it not?

He married his sister
Actually it was his half sister. He was allowed to have a concubine in those days. In fact his wife Sarah suggested it so the can have a baby. G-D told him to kill his son as a test.

No lol. I meant his wife that was his sister. She told him to get rid of her and his illigitimate son and thats what he did.

He married his sister
I like you; I really do.
Uh...no.

Anyone who wants to sound "smart" (an insecurity which TNHarley obviously suffers from) need to profess either agnosticism or deism.

Atheists will always be viewed as heathens.

And theists will always be viewed as gullible.

Q.E.D.
Im agnostic to the bone.

He married his sister

No lol. I meant his wife that was his sister. She told him to get rid of her and his illigitimate son and thats what he did.
Uh...no.

He married his sister
I like you; I really do.
Uh...no.
ummm ok?

He married his sister

Uh...no.
Then take it up with Genesis...

Forum List

Back