Abraham? Really?

Not the mind. I know i have one of them. Lol
Is your mind (thoughts) in your opinion all pure (gold) or are you are ready perfected in that department?
My mind pure? Lol.. no
Okay, now if you have parts in there that you know need cleaned and have a desire to clean it up and all the sudden you understand that within your spirit something wonderful was born would you be willing to sacrifice that (give it up to God) knowing that God has a greater calling for your life?
I get where you are going with this. It wont work lol
"Get where", see your misinterpretation and others who do the same should not be corrected? The Bible was written as a guide. It is for humans can find their way to the spirit in themselves. It is fine if you do not "want to go there" but if your desire is to accuse God and I see you are in error I will attempt to correct you as I like you TN.

He had a concubine. Actually two if you count hagar. Although some scholars have said they were the same person.
He married his sister
He was subordinate to his sister wife
Made an illegitimate child and kicked him out
Lied to his son that he was going to kill him
He was obviously mentally ill. With some incest and sins in there.
My point is, how did this crazy person become the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
Apparently, despite all of these moral flaws and repugnant behavior, he was still chosen by god for loyalty. This "moral" God was able to look past all of his sins because he was willing to kill his child? WTF
And people say atheists have no morals? Lol
And David had his best friend killed so he could have his wife.
Everyone in the Bible has some serious flaws.
God is about redemption. What better way to show that than to select examples of God's grace.

BTW - it was not Abrahams sister. She was his niece.
The sources I checked (which seemed to be reputable) all said Sarah was his half sister. It was not "kosher" even then. As Weatherman pointed out, everyone admits Abraham had his sins.
He was VERY sinful. And all he had to do was almost kill his son and everything was OK. Because of LOYALTY.
That shit is CRAZY
Hey, you're the one who started this thread, not me. I KNOW it's crazy; all of it, including the echo of it still practiced in Holy Communion every day in churches all over the world. But it gives people hope, TN, and that's not so awful. All of us sin. If our belief system says sinners all go to hell, what's the sense in trying if there's no way to make amends?
I understand the good things to religion.
The common denominator for three major religions in this world is by an incest, slutty coward.
God chose him because of his loyalty. You know, because he was willing to kill his kid.
BOTH of those sentences above says ALOT about the Abrahamic religions.

He had a concubine. Actually two if you count hagar. Although some scholars have said they were the same person.
He married his sister
My point is, how did this crazy person become the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
Apparently, despite all of these moral flaws and repugnant behavior, he was still chosen by god for loyalty. This "moral" God was able to look past all of his sins because he was willing to kill his child? WTF
God is about redemption. What better way to show that than to select examples of God's grace.

The sources I checked (which seemed to be reputable) all said Sarah was his half sister. It was not "kosher" even then. As Weatherman pointed out, everyone admits Abraham had his sins.
He was VERY sinful. And all he had to do was almost kill his son and everything was OK. Because of LOYALTY.
That shit is CRAZY
Hey, you're the one who started this thread, not me. I KNOW it's crazy; all of it, including the echo of it still practiced in Holy Communion every day in churches all over the world. But it gives people hope, TN, and that's not so awful. All of us sin. If our belief system says sinners all go to hell, what's the sense in trying if there's no way to make amends?
"Hell" is that in the spirit where a human turns their back on God so they are without the spirit. It manifest in the flesh and we can see the misery of some peoples when it happens.

Not the mind. I know i have one of them. Lol
Is your mind (thoughts) in your opinion all pure (gold) or are you are ready perfected in that department?
My mind pure? Lol.. no
Okay, now if you have parts in there that you know need cleaned and have a desire to clean it up and all the sudden you understand that within your spirit something wonderful was born would you be willing to sacrifice that (give it up to God) knowing that God has a greater calling for your life?
I get where you are going with this. It wont work lol
"Get where", see your misinterpretation and others who do the same should not be corrected? The Bible was written as a guide. It is for humans can find their way to the spirit in themselves. It is fine if you do not "want to go there" but if your desire is to accuse God and I see you are in error I will attempt to correct you as I like you TN.
I question whether it was made to be a "guide" Sometimes, it just seems like a way to keep people in line.
It is ENVELOPED with fear, hate, tyranny, murder and genocide.
One of the few good things god did was give us "free will." If we chose the wrong path, we spend eternity in hell. Even that is tyrannical..

He married his sister

That shit is CRAZY
The common denominator for three major religions in this world is by an incest, slutty coward.
God chose him because of his loyalty. You know, because he was willing to kill his kid.
Only TN Harley could put that spin on the story of Abraham. LOL

I question whether it was made to be a "guide" Sometimes, it just seems like a way to keep people in line.
It is ENVELOPED with fear, hate, tyranny, murder and genocide.
One of the few good things god did was give us "free will." If we chose the wrong path, we spend eternity in hell. Even that is tyrannical..
Again portions, there are spiritual hosts in each and everyone. If we do not attempt to correct the record by testimony and putting out the truth then the errors of humans will continue unabated. It is akin to people that believe the world is going to end as a few have been given insight to hear from the spirit in them that "time has come to an end". They think in the flesh and not the spirit believing the earth will be destroyed when again it is an individual relationship with the spirit of God in each that ALL should be seeking, (not religion but a relationship within themselves to understand what makes them tick).

That shit is CRAZY
Thats not spin. Point out what was spun, please.

That shit is CRAZY
Can't say a word about marrying his half sister. That's a given. Call him incestuous if you want. He may have never known her, raised in separate households, were paired up by their parents or got sweet on each other once they met as adults. Who knows.

I don't call it cowardly, from the perspective of the religion, to be willing to sacrifice your child OR to keep your intentions from the child to protect him from fear. That's YOUR judgment on the story.

Being "slutty?" Okay. Having concubines and having your way with your slaves was culturally "normal" then, wasn't it? So judging that as "slutty" is your spin. Is polygamy in parts of the Mormon Church "slutty?" If you say that, you are just passing our own judgment on it. Hence SPIN.

Call it what you want, but don't try to argue it's anything other than your highly negative SPIN. And with that, I'm done defending a religion I no longer have anything to do with.

That shit is CRAZY
Can't say a word about marrying his half sister. That's a given. Call him incestuous if you want. He may have never known her, raised in separate households, were paired up by their parents or got sweet on each other once they met as adults. Who knows.

I don't call it cowardly, from the perspective of the religion, to be willing to sacrifice your child OR to keep your intentions from the child to protect him from fear. That's YOUR judgment on the story.

Being "slutty?" Okay. Having concubines and having your way with your slaves was culturally "normal" then, wasn't it? So judging that as "slutty" is your spin. Is polygamy in parts of the Mormon Church "slutty?" If you say that, you are just passing our own judgment on it. Hence SPIN.

Call it what you want, but don't try to argue it's anything other than your highly negative SPIN. And with that, I'm done defending a religion I no longer have anything to do with.
I also called him a coward because he let egyptians take his wife. He was a coward. Also, he couldnt even be honest with his son about his upcoming murder. If it was a sacrifice to the "one true god" why would one fear it? Riddle me that.
Being a slut isnt spin. Thats what it is.
Muhammed married a little girl. That was/still is "normal" in the ME. Is that pedophillia, or no?
Mormons are MARRIED. This guy had sex on the side.
You are really bad at analogies. Lol

I also called him a coward because he let egyptians take his wife. He was a coward. Also, he couldnt even be honest with his son about his upcoming murder. If it was a sacrifice to the "one true god" why would one fear it? Riddle me that.
Muhammed married a little girl. That was/still is "normal" in the ME. Is that pedophillia, or no?
Like I said, I'm done.

He married his sister
TN you should read the story in Genesis.
Abraham married his half sister.
I don't know what you mean, was "subordinate to his sister wife."
He had many children by concubines, it says in Genesis. He wanted a legitimate child, but Sarah was barren, so finally, after listening to Abraham bellyache about it for years, she said okay, I'll let you make a baby with my personal servant Hagar and we'll call the child legitimate. It was done, but Sarah became jealous of Hagar and threw a fit, so Abraham had to relocate Hagar and the baby Ishmael. Abraham vowed he would never forget him, and he never did.
That sacrificing Isaac story is one of the most memorable in the Bible. But what you got from it that Abraham lied to Isaac about it?

I got a very different understanding of what went on when I read his story.

TN's version would make a better movie though

Like I said, I'm done.
i dont blame you :)

Like I said, I'm done.
I have to agree with old lady, you're attempting to apply today's standards to people from thousands of years ago. In a hundred years eating meat might be looked upon as we look at slave owners of 1850 today. Food for thought.

The flaws of everyone listed in the Bible simply adds to the validity it was not fabricated in my view. From Adam to John, they all had major flaws. If you're going to fabricate heroes, you don't make up all of their flaws.

Like I said, I'm done.
I have to agree with old lady, you're attempting to apply today's standards to people from thousands of years ago. In a hundred years eating meat might be looked upon as we look at slave owners of 1850 today. Food for thought.

The flaws of everyone listed in the Bible simply adds to the validity it was not fabricated in my view. From Adam to John, they all had major flaws. If you're going to fabricate heroes, you don't make up all of their flaws.
So murder, sex outside marriage and incest wasnt frowned upon back then? Thats news to me.
Other than that, i agree with the premise. I just dont think it is relevant in this particular situation.

Last edited:

Like I said, I'm done.

So murder, sex outside marriage and incest wasnt frowned upon back then? Thats news to me.
Pretty common then. Even today. Incest not as much because the population is a whole lot larger today. And who did he murder? What's your definition of murder?

Like I said, I'm done.

Pretty common then. Even today. Incest not as much because the population is a whole lot larger today. And who did he murder? What's your definition of murder?
Yes, but it was against the religion. Thats what matters in this thread. I am holding him to biblical standards.
He was going to murder.. thats what i meant.

Like I said, I'm done.

Yes, but it was against the religion. Thats what matters in this thread. I am holding him to biblical standards.
If God directed him to do something he was doing what he was told. Think about why that event occurred.

If God directed him to do something he was doing what he was told. Think about why that event occurred.
Islamists think god directs them to strap bombs to their childrens chest. Maybe you have a point..

Islamists think god directs them to strap bombs to their childrens chest. Maybe you have a point..
Islam is a fabrication that takes what occurred and puts its spin to twist and deceive.
What occurred was a lesson that child sacrifice was not acceptable. If you look at the text, he said they would both be back. So he knew it was not a One way Trip for his son.

And the event took place on either where the Temple Mount was to be built or the hill of Calvary where the son of God was to die. Again the events being created so people could make the connection later.

Forum List

Back