Accepting the results of the election...

Prediction - After a Clinton landslide, Trump will concede - but he will hint (or more than hint) that election fraud occurred. They'll be some grumbling from the far-right, but most will accept Clinton's victory (since they all know that it will be valid). For most life will go on as usual.

However, somewhere, someplace some right wing extremist(s) is going to plant a few bombs or shoot a few people because they'll believe there was election fraud.

They will be caught by police, tried and sent to life imprisonment. Otherwise they and the whole 'voter fraud' issue will quickly be forgotten.

Unfortunately, there will be some innocent victims that pay the price and lose their lives over Trump's lunacy.

Speaking for these victims, I'd like to say ahead of time 'FUCK YOU' to Trump and all you ASSHOLES for creating this NONSENSE.

One of the fundamental pillars of our democratic system accepting the results of an election, and the peaceful transition of power.

This is the first election where both could be fundamentally threatened by pre-election rhetoric and inflammatory statements.

Folks are now bringing up Al Gore, in his election against Bush as if it were somehow equivalent. But is it?

The Florida vote was extremely close - close enough to demand a recount which was within a candidates legal rights. When it was finally decided, by the courts - Gore graciously and completely accepted the outcome. There was no talk about "rigged" elections from Mr. Gore.

But the fundamental difference is this: all this occurred AFTER the election and Gore accepted the court's verdict.

There was no pre-election claims (whenever the polls dropped) about rigged elections, about his crooked opponent rigging things, etc. undermining the very electoral process in this country. This is a first from a presidential candidate, and it's dangerous because he flirts with it and encourages his supporters with it. They can't possibly lose - because it's "rigged".

I hated that Bush won - not once, but twice - felt like doomsday. But we survived as a country (and for those who hate Obama - we'll still survive as a country).

I'm horrified that supporters of Trump, encouraged BY Trump's rhetoric are saying these things...

Trump’s supporters talk rebellion, assassination at his rallies - The Boston Globe
And if Trump doesn’t win, some are even openly talking about violent rebellion and assassination, as fantastical and unhinged as that may seem.

“If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”

He then placed a Trump mask on his face and posed for pictures.

Trump’s campaign has taken a sharp turn toward such dark warnings in recent days. He says he is a victim of conspiracies, portrays himself as a martyr to the cause of the right wing, and is stoking anger in advance of what may be a defeat on Nov. 8.

Trump has suggested that the Secret Service protecting Clinton should be disarmed and “see what happens to her,” and that “Second Amendment people” could take matters into their own hands if she wins and appoints judges who support gun control. But his campaign disavowed some of the remarks of his supporters on Saturday after this article was posted online.

Trump Supporters Call For Violent Coup If He Loses, Vow To Racially Profile Minority Voters
Steve Webb, a 61-year-old carpenter, told the Globe he plans to heed Trump's call to "watch your precincts" on Election Day.

“I’ll look for . . . well, it’s called racial profiling. Mexicans. Syrians. People who can’t speak American,” he said. “I’m going to go right up behind them. I’ll do everything legally. I want to see if they are accountable. I’m not going to do anything illegal. I’m going to make them a little bit nervous.”

And from: Trump’s supporters talk rebellion, assassination at his rallies - The Boston Globe
Fergus Cullen, former chairman of the New Hampshire GOP, said it was an incredibly important moment in 2000 when Democrat Al Gore gave a speech saying he accepted the results of the Supreme Court decision to award the majority of electoral votes and presidential victory to George W. Bush.

“Had he not done that, or done so halfheartedly, or even suggested that he’d been robbed, or otherwise tried to delegitimize the results, it would have been a huge blow to our democratic process,” Cullen said.

Cullen expects Trump’s warnings about a rigged election to get even uglier in coming weeks, and he fears they will incite violence if Trump loses.

“That’s really scary,” Cullen said, recounting the violence at Trump rallies around the country leading up to the Republican National Convention. “In this country, we’ve always had recriminations after one side loses. But we haven’t had riots. We haven’t had mobs that act out with violence against supporters of the other side.’’

“There’s no telling what his supporters would be willing to do at the slightest encouragement from their candidate,” he said.
Hmmm.

Newsweek: Hillary Clinton to Crowd at Fund-Raiser in Los Angeles: Bush Was 'Selected' President, Not Elected; Says Bush's Machine Has Raised Far More Money to 'Ruin the Reputations of Our Candidates'

Prediction - After a Clinton landslide, Trump will concede - but he will hint (or more than hint) that election fraud occurred. They'll be some grumbling from the far-right, but most will accept Clinton's victory (since they all know that it will be valid). For most life will go on as usual.

However, somewhere, someplace some right wing extremist(s) is going to plant a few bombs or shoot a few people because they'll believe there was election fraud.

They will be caught by police, tried and sent to life imprisonment. Otherwise they and the whole 'voter fraud' issue will quickly be forgotten.

Unfortunately, there will be some innocent victims that pay the price and lose their lives over Trump's lunacy.

Speaking for these victims, I'd like to say ahead of time 'FUCK YOU' to Trump and all you ASSHOLES for creating this NONSENSE.
The consequences of electing Hillary the war monger will eclipse a few nuts with guns.

I have a better idea......why have an election.....just award the White House to her royal highness and be done with it.

Faggot.

However, somewhere, someplace some right wing extremist(s) is going to plant a few bombs

Seems you people have already firebombed and bricked a few Republican offices.

One of the fundamental pillars of our democratic system accepting the results of an election, and the peaceful transition of power.

This is the first election where both could be fundamentally threatened by pre-election rhetoric and inflammatory statements.

Folks are now bringing up Al Gore, in his election against Bush as if it were somehow equivalent. But is it?

The Florida vote was extremely close - close enough to demand a recount which was within a candidates legal rights. When it was finally decided, by the courts - Gore graciously and completely accepted the outcome. There was no talk about "rigged" elections from Mr. Gore.

But the fundamental difference is this: all this occurred AFTER the election and Gore accepted the court's verdict.

There was no pre-election claims (whenever the polls dropped) about rigged elections, about his crooked opponent rigging things, etc. undermining the very electoral process in this country. This is a first from a presidential candidate, and it's dangerous because he flirts with it and encourages his supporters with it. They can't possibly lose - because it's "rigged".

I hated that Bush won - not once, but twice - felt like doomsday. But we survived as a country (and for those who hate Obama - we'll still survive as a country).

I'm horrified that supporters of Trump, encouraged BY Trump's rhetoric are saying these things...

Trump’s supporters talk rebellion, assassination at his rallies - The Boston Globe
And if Trump doesn’t win, some are even openly talking about violent rebellion and assassination, as fantastical and unhinged as that may seem.

“If she’s in office, I hope we can start a coup. She should be in prison or shot. That’s how I feel about it,” Dan Bowman, a 50-year-old contractor, said of Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee. “We’re going to have a revolution and take them out of office if that’s what it takes. There’s going to be a lot of bloodshed. But that’s what it’s going to take. . . . I would do whatever I can for my country.”

Trump’s campaign has taken a sharp turn toward such dark warnings in recent days. He says he is a victim of conspiracies, portrays himself as a martyr to the cause of the right wing, and is stoking anger in advance of what may be a defeat on Nov. 8.

Trump has suggested that the Secret Service protecting Clinton should be disarmed and “see what happens to her,” and that “Second Amendment people” could take matters into their own hands if she wins and appoints judges who support gun control. But his campaign disavowed some of the remarks of his supporters on Saturday after this article was posted online.

Trump Supporters Call For Violent Coup If He Loses, Vow To Racially Profile Minority Voters
Steve Webb, a 61-year-old carpenter, told the Globe he plans to heed Trump's call to "watch your precincts" on Election Day.

“I’ll look for . . . well, it’s called racial profiling. Mexicans. Syrians. People who can’t speak American,” he said. “I’m going to go right up behind them. I’ll do everything legally. I want to see if they are accountable. I’m not going to do anything illegal. I’m going to make them a little bit nervous.”

And from: Trump’s supporters talk rebellion, assassination at his rallies - The Boston Globe
Fergus Cullen, former chairman of the New Hampshire GOP, said it was an incredibly important moment in 2000 when Democrat Al Gore gave a speech saying he accepted the results of the Supreme Court decision to award the majority of electoral votes and presidential victory to George W. Bush.

“Had he not done that, or done so halfheartedly, or even suggested that he’d been robbed, or otherwise tried to delegitimize the results, it would have been a huge blow to our democratic process,” Cullen said.

Cullen expects Trump’s warnings about a rigged election to get even uglier in coming weeks, and he fears they will incite violence if Trump loses.

“That’s really scary,” Cullen said, recounting the violence at Trump rallies around the country leading up to the Republican National Convention. “In this country, we’ve always had recriminations after one side loses. But we haven’t had riots. We haven’t had mobs that act out with violence against supporters of the other side.’’

“There’s no telling what his supporters would be willing to do at the slightest encouragement from their candidate,” he said.
Hmmm.

Newsweek: Hillary Clinton to Crowd at Fund-Raiser in Los Angeles: Bush Was 'Selected' President, Not Elected; Says Bush's Machine Has Raised Far More Money to 'Ruin the Reputations of Our Candidates'

hmmm....was she running for president then? Claiming it was all rigged when her poll numbers went down ahead of the results? I don't think so.

Hmmm.

hmmm....was she running for president then? Claiming it was all rigged when her poll numbers went down ahead of the results? I don't think so.

That's a deflection. She criticized the results of an election. It also doesn't matter if she was running or not. Now that she is, those comments are now fair game. The circumstances behind the person making the comments are irrelevant. The content was the same. I mean seriously. I can't comprehend how liberals think Trump is the only man alive who had the gall to question the legitimacy of a United States presidential election.

Hmmm.

That's a deflection. She criticized the results of an election. It also doesn't matter if she was running or not. Now that she is, those comments are now fair game. I mean seriously. I can't comprehend how liberals think Trump is the only man alive who had the gall to question the legitimacy of a United States presidential election.

The circumstances behind the person making the comments are irrelevant. The content was the same.

It's not a deflection - if you've read any of my posts on this.

People can criticize the results, they can claim there is fraud yada yada. But it MATTERS if the person doing so is the candidate and he or she is calling into question the integrity of the entire electoral process of our country ahead of the election. It matters Imperius. And it's dangerous. Do you notice that even the right is uncomfortable with this?

Name one presidential candidate that claimed the election was rigged ahead of it.

But it MATTERS if the person doing so is the candidate and he or she is calling into question the integrity of the entire electoral process of our country ahead of the election.

I'm sorry, but isn't that the same Hillary Clinton running for president who also criticized the results of the 2000 election? Her position or stature has nothing to do with the fact she did the same thing Trump did. Whether it be before or after, Senator or nominee, the implications of the comments remain the same, Coyote. Chronology is irrelevant.

But it MATTERS if the person doing so is the candidate and he or she is calling into question the integrity of the entire electoral process of our country ahead of the election.

I'm sorry, but isn't that the same Hillary Clinton running for president who also criticized the results of the 2000 election? Her position or stature has nothing to do with the fact she did the same thing Trump did. Whether it be before or after, Senator or nominee, the implications of the comments remain the same, Coyote.

If Hillary were making the statement that she was losing because the election was rigged - you'd have a point.

Hmmm.

That's a deflection. She criticized the results of an election. It also doesn't matter if she was running or not. Now that she is, those comments are now fair game.

Sure, if you're looking to play a "gotcha" game.

The circumstances behind the person making the comments are irrelevant. The content was the same.

Nonsense. Context and circumstances are always relevant. Clinton's comments are not equivalent to a current Presidential candidate claiming that he won't accept losing .

I mean seriously. I can't comprehend how liberals think Trump is the only man alive who had the gall to question the legitimacy of a United States presidential election.

Now that's moving the goal posts.

Name one presidential candidate that claimed the election was rigged ahead of it.

Donald John Trump. Because the "group" working FOR HRC/DNC says voter fraud has been going on for 50 years (they pay for it, co-ordinate it) all on video.

Thats' why. It is happening. They SAY it is happening. Trump originally was talking about how they hosed poor Bernie.........but then this video popped up.

Disgusting that anyone even needs it explained to them. Quit wasting our time and efforts Spinning your garbage.

Donald John Trump. Because the "group" working FOR HRC/DNC says voter fraud has been going on for 50 years (they pay for it, co-ordinate it) all on video.

Thats' why. It is happening. They SAY it is happening. Trump originally was talking about how they hosed poor Bernie.........but then this video popped up.

Disgusting that anyone even needs it explained to them. Quit wasting our time and efforts Spinning your garbage.

You're certainly welcome to leave this thread if it's beyond your ability to discuss these things. I don't believe anyone is holding a gun to your head.

In the meantime, where is all of this alleged voter fraud? Residing somewhere between your tush and the seat cushion with the stale cheetos and cracker crumbs?

Nonsense. Context and circumstances are always relevant. Clinton's comments are not equivalent to a current Presidential candidate claiming that he won't accept losing .

Really? That's very hard to believe. Two people essentially make the same comments questioning the legitimacy of an American election, but one of them is more egregious than the other?

Suddenly circumstances and context come into play. But the comments remain the same. Past, present, nominee, senator--all of that is irrelevant. The content or meaning of the commentary doesn't suddenly change just because of who you are or where you are in the space-time continuum.

Really? That's very hard to believe. Two people essentially make the same comments questioning the legitimacy of an American election, but one of them is more egregious than the other?

Suddenly circumstances and context come into play. But the comments remain the same. Past, present, nominee, senator, all of that is irrelevant. The content of the commentary doesn't suddenly change just because of who you are or where you are in the space-time continuum.

Context determines meaning.

A presidential candidate calling the integrity of the electoral process into question is not the same thing as a private citizen complaining about it.

A presidential candidate questioning the results AFTER the election is not the same thing as a presidential candidate questioning the PROCESS before the election - especially when it's baseless.

Forum List

Back