Accidental gun discharges in AL & TN

You are not concerned a state high in concealed carry is also high in accidental gun deaths and murder?

Since you started this thread by lying, and have a long history of lies, why would anyone believe that there is any corresponding data?

You're a gun grabbing hack without a hint of integrity. You post irrelevant stats and claim that somehow they are pertinent to you idiotic demagoguery.

When have I ever lied? Link?

It's the claim of the CDC.

Accidental gun discharges in AL TN US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The CDC link does not support your claim.

What claim is not supported? You realize they are the claims of the article in the OP right?

It's not even a state.

Based on the OP Alabama has a problem with accidental gun deaths. I hoped that was balanced by a low murder rate. It is not.

And again......the entire country has over 320 million people....and Alabama doesn't have as many guns as say Florida.....and over all, there are only 505 accidental gun deaths in the entire country......the entire country....with over 320 million guns in private hands........

So no matter how many accidental gun deaths Alabama may have.....accidental gun deaths are not a problem in this country..in fact, they are going down, not up......as even more people own and carry guns....

Are you really the same guy who is scared and paranoid about being killed in a home invasion? Cause accidental gun deaths happen far more often. How can you be so paranoid about a much more rare event?

Brain...there are 66 million people in france in 2013.....320 million in the United States....only 505 accidental gun deaths....not a number to worry about.....

You are not concerned a state high in concealed carry is also high in accidental gun deaths and murder?

No. accidental gun deaths for the whole country are only 505 for 2013 for the whole U.S.....320 million people...more,die from falling and cars........murder.....criminals are killing...more gang members than anything else.....

I care about actually stopping gun crime....and the only way you do that is catching the criminals and locking the, up....

Creating more and more rules for people who aren't committing crimes with guns is stupid.....and shows it isn't crime you worry about or criminals...but the average citizen...who isn't a threat....

so I will worry about actual gun crime and try to stop that....

It's not even a state.

Based on the OP Alabama has a problem with accidental gun deaths. I hoped that was balanced by a low murder rate. It is not.

And again......the entire country has over 320 million people....and Alabama doesn't have as many guns as say Florida.....and over all, there are only 505 accidental gun deaths in the entire country......the entire country....with over 320 million guns in private hands........

So no matter how many accidental gun deaths Alabama may have.....accidental gun deaths are not a problem in this country..in fact, they are going down, not up......as even more people own and carry guns....

Are you really the same guy who is scared and paranoid about being killed in a home invasion? Cause accidental gun deaths happen far more often. How can you be so paranoid about a much more rare event?

I live in a country of 320 million people, with over 90 million homes with guns in them....and only 505 accidental gun deaths in the whole country.......I am more concerned about driving my car in town than guns in the hands of good people...

It's not even a state.

Shouldn't AL and TN be concerned they are having so many more than other states?

they need to improve law enforcement techniques for catching criminals...but for Tennessee...they need to vote out the democrats who control 2 of the most dangerous cities in the country......

It's not even a state.

I live in a country of 320 million people, with over 90 million homes with guns in them....and only 505 accidental gun deaths in the whole country.......I am more concerned about driving my car in town than guns in the hands of good people...

But accidental gun deaths happen far more than home invasion murders. You can't tell everyone to worry about those and then brush off accidental deaths.

Brain...there are 66 million people in france in 2013.....320 million in the United States....only 505 accidental gun deaths....not a number to worry about.....

No. accidental gun deaths for the whole country are only 505 for 2013 for the whole U.S.....320 million people...more,die from falling and cars........murder.....criminals are killing...more gang members than anything else.....

I care about actually stopping gun crime....and the only way you do that is catching the criminals and locking the, up....

Creating more and more rules for people who aren't committing crimes with guns is stupid.....and shows it isn't crime you worry about or criminals...but the average citizen...who isn't a threat....

so I will worry about actual gun crime and try to stop that....

Given most homicides are thug on thug you are probably just as likely to be murdered as you are accidently killed by a gun. Assuming of course that you are not involved in criminal behavior. Given that you should be just as concerned about accidental deaths as homicides.

It's not even a state.

But accidental gun deaths happen far more than home invasion murders. You can't tell everyone to worry about those and then brush off accidental deaths.

Brain, I don't....I keep telling you gun safety should be taught alongside fire safety in schools......then you have life long exposure to gun safety.....problem of accidental gun deaths addressed......

Arrest more criminals using guns and keep them locked up...and the other side of the problem is also dealt with.....

Why can't these fools control their guns?

I've handled guns for more than 50 years and have yet to drop one in a restaurant, shoot someone in church, leave a gun in a restroom, shoot myself in the foot, have one toddler shoot and kill another toddler .......................

Don't forget the woman who left her gun in her purse next her child in the seat in a shopping cart. The child shot and killed her.

Then one I find interesting is in Texas. A woman had a gun holster in her bra with the gun in it. It was uncomfortable so she tried to move it around in her bra. She shot and killed herself.

I just see it as one of the last forms of natural selection we have left.

These people are too stupid to learn how to properly store or carry a gun. There's no laws or regulations that require them to do so.

I think that anyone who has a gun should be required to have insurance for any accidents or any damage done to an innocent person by that gun.

I also think we need to stop letting just anyone have a gun and start properly regulating guns.

Last edited:
It's not even a state.

Brain, I don't....I keep telling you gun safety should be taught alongside fire safety in schools......then you have life long exposure to gun safety.....problem of accidental gun deaths addressed......

Arrest more criminals using guns and keep them locked up...and the other side of the problem is also dealt with.....

But you do. You think everyone needs a gun because their house is going to be invaded and someone is going to try to kill them. Meanwhile you say accidental shootings are no problem. But accidental shootings are more likely than the things you tell people they need a gun for...

I've handled guns for more than 50 years and have yet to drop one in a restaurant, shoot someone in church, leave a gun in a restroom, shoot myself in the foot, have one toddler shoot and kill another toddler .......................

Don't forget the woman who left her gun in her purse next her child in the seat in a shopping basket. The child shot and killed her.

Then one I find interesting is in Texas. A woman had a gun holster in her bra with the gun in it. It was uncomfortable so she tried to move it around in her bra. She shot and killed herself.

I just see it as one of the last forms of natural selection we have left.

These people are too stupid to learn how to properly store or carry a gun. There's no laws or regulations that require them to do so.

I think that anyone who has a gun should be required to have insurance for any accidents or any damage done to an innocent person by that gun.

I also think we need to stop letting just anyone have a gun and start properly regulating guns.

Yes...and blacks should have to pay a tax to vote...and pass a literacy test...right? That is exactly what you are doing with what you want.....

And again....in a country of over 320 million people...and for your example there are over 11.1 million people carrying guns for protection.....and in 2013 there were only 505 accidental gun deaths...........out of 11.1 million people carrying guns.....

you guys are nuts, and have a phobia about guns.....falling kills more people, drowinng kills more people, cars kill way more people....and instead of using your time and energy trying to save more lives by addressing those problems...you are phobically concerned with guns....

But you do. You think everyone needs a gun because their house is going to be invaded and someone is going to try to kill them. Meanwhile you say accidental shootings are no problem. But accidental shootings are more likely than the things you tell people they need a gun for...

There are 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013...and on average 2 million times a year that Americans use guns to stop or prevent violent crime and save lives.........that is far more than gun murders...in 2013 8,454......so you are wrong.....

And everyone wears a seatbelt and looks both ways to cross the street...most people will live their whole lives and never meet a violent criminal or have to fight for their lives....

And then there are the unlucky ones who do........like the family in Connecticut...a Doctor and his family living in a really nice town.....the Doctor beaten with a bat, the wife and daughters raped and burned to death.....do you think they woke up that morning thinking that was going to happen......?

the family in D.C, a block or two away from Joe Biden's heavily fortified house.....the father, mother, son and housekeeper....tortured and murdered...do you think they woke up that morning thinking that was going to be their fate?

The woman raped by two men in her own car...then shoved in the trunk and drowned, in the car, in a lake....do you think she woke up and said....gee...I am going to be raped and brutally murdered today...?

A gun is no different than a seat belt.......

There are 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013...and on average 2 million times a year that Americans use guns to stop or prevent violent crime and save lives.........that is far more than gun murders...in 2013 8,454......so you are wrong.....

And everyone wears a seatbelt and looks both ways to cross the street...most people will live their whole lives and never meet a violent criminal or have to fight for their lives....

And then there are the unlucky ones who do........like the family in Connecticut...a Doctor and his family living in a really nice town.....the Doctor beaten with a bat, the wife and daughters raped and burned to death.....do you think they woke up that morning thinking that was going to happen......?

the family in D.C, a block or two away from Joe Biden's heavily fortified house.....the father, mother, son and housekeeper....tortured and murdered...do you think they woke up that morning thinking that was going to be their fate?

The woman raped by two men in her own car...then shoved in the trunk and drowned, in the car, in a lake....do you think she woke up and said....gee...I am going to be raped and brutally murdered today...?

Well obviously your 2 million number comes from fantasy land. Nothing in reality supports that number. And even 11 of your own gun studies says it is less.

And your extremely rare stories come out. You are scared of extremely rare instances of home invasion and murder. Far more rare than accidental gun deaths. Sorry you can't be paranoid of those rare events then act like the more frequent accidental shootings are no problem.

A gun is very different from a seatbelt. Nobody is accidently killed by their seatbelt. Would you wear a seatbelt if people were accidently injured by them 17,000 times a year? Would you wear one if 500 people were accidently killed by them each year? If that were happening they would be recalled...

"Most distinctive cause of death"? Distinctive?

It means it stands out relative to other states. Far more people as a percent of population are killed in AL and TN by accidental shootings than other states.

Well obviously your 2 million number comes from fantasy land. Nothing in reality supports that number. And even 11 of your own gun studies says it is less.

And your extremely rare stories come out. You are scared of extremely rare instances of home invasion and murder. Far more rare than accidental gun deaths. Sorry you can't be paranoid of those rare events then act like the more frequent accidental shootings are no problem.

A gun is very different from a seatbelt. Nobody is accidently killed by their seatbelt. Would you wear a seatbelt if people were accidently injured by them 17,000 times a year? Would you wear one if 500 people were accidently killed by them each year? If that were happening they would be recalled...

Would you wear a seatbelt if people were accidently injured by them 17,000 times a year

And yet you have no problem with people driving in cars when they accidentally killed over 35,000 people last year...and injured over 2.31 million people last year......

And again...accidental gun deaths in 2013.....only 505, in a country of over 320 million people, with over 90 million homes with guns and over 11.1 million people carrying guns for protection.....

I believe in having the means to protect yourself from criminals....just like wearing a seat belt helps keep you safe in car accidents...you never know when they will happen but you are prepared just in case.......

Would you wear a seatbelt if people were accidently injured by them 17,000 times a year

And yet you have no problem with people driving in cars when they accidentally killed over 35,000 people last year...and injured over 2.31 million people last year......

And again...accidental gun deaths in 2013.....only 505, in a country of over 320 million people, with over 90 million homes with guns and over 11.1 million people carrying guns for protection.....

I believe in having the means to protect yourself from criminals....just like wearing a seat belt helps keep you safe in car accidents...you never know when they will happen but you are prepared just in case.......

And the 2 million number comes from averaging actual research into civilian defensive gun use......and the lowest number in all the studies is 764,000 times a year a gun is used to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives....

Let the yahoos in the white christian party kill each other off

And the 2 million number comes from averaging actual research into civilian defensive gun use......and the lowest number in all the studies is 764,000 times a year a gun is used to stop or prevent violent criminal attack and save lives....

Yes debunked gun studies. 11 of which say the number is less than 2 million. Have you come up with anything from the real world that supports your crazy number yet?

Forum List

Back