According to the laws of war a full auto M14, Thompson, M16 or M4 are defensive weapons

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
The Hague and Geneva Contentions, along with other international agreements on the proper conduct of warfare, recognize certain weapons that can be issued to types of non-combatants for their personal protection and those under their care. The laws of war recognize certain personal weapons as having a defensive use only.

The individual rifle is considered a defensive weapon under the international articles, rules, and treaties that govern the conduct of war. That is the reason that non-combatant uniformed personnel are allowed to be armed with certain weapons, including a service rifle. You will not see them issued a grenade launcher, rockets, or a belt-fed to support fire and maneuver, only a personal weapon to protect them and those other non-combatants under their charge.

"Weapons of War" vs. The Laws of War - GAT Daily (Guns Ammo Tactical)

I never considered that angle.

But no belt-feds....Damn. :(

Maybe one day this supreme court will let you have the real mass murder weapons. Your trigger finger gets so weary having to slaughter people one at a time.

Maybe one day this supreme court will let you have the real mass murder weapons. Your trigger finger gets so weary having to slaughter people one at a time.
Meh, I can get what I want if I'm willing to pay the freight and pay Uncle Sugar $200.00 for a Tax Stamp then enjoy the wait if I don't want to set-up a Trust.

Thing is it gets really expensive to become a "stamp collector". ;)

Auto Ordnance 1928A1 Thompson 45 acp

Meh, I can get what I want if I'm willing to pay the freight and pay Uncle Sugar $200.00 for a Tax Stamp then enjoy the wait if I don't want to set-up a Trust.

Thing is it gets really expensive to become a "stamp collector". ;)

Auto Ordnance 1928A1 Thompson 45 acp
Just shooting an automatic weapon is like burning money. I'm way too much of a cheap-ass for stuff like that.

Just shooting an automatic weapon is like burning money. I'm way too much of a cheap-ass for stuff like that.
LOL.....Same here.

That said I did enjoy burning through old surplus .45 acp spam cans the state got from the feds.....We had one M1928 and a few Reising sub-guns to mess with at a prison I worked at. I got really good with a Reising. You had to keep them clean though. It was a great prison sub-gun.

The Warden would not let us mess with the M1928 much unless he was on the range, he considered it his "personal" weapon. ;)

LOL.....Same here.

That said I did enjoy burning through old surplus .45 acp spam cans the state got from the feds.....We had one M1928 and a few Reising sub-guns to mess with at a prison I worked at. I got really good with a Reising. You had to keep them clean though. It was a great prison sub-gun.

The Warden would not let us mess with the M1928 much unless he was on the range, he considered it his "personal" weapon. ;)
I don't care for recreational shooting anymore. Haven't been in years and I don't miss it. Even with good hearing protection I get days of tinnitus afterward.

Then it should not matter.....Get out there and send some rounds down range. ;)
Had enough of that shit in army too. When we were in the field, which was about half the time, I carried the M60. That heavy SOB was like a millstone around my neck. Full auto holds no special thrill for me.

Forum List

Back