ACLU Yawns @Trump's Lame "Religious Freedom Order"

vlad_hombre

VIP Member
Feb 7, 2017
Hahahahaha ....

.... when you can't even piss off the ACLU, you're doing it wrong.

Oh well, his lamebrained minions will eagerly drink up this weak ass kool-aid.

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) reversed course Thursday, saying it won't file a lawsuit challenging President Trump's executive order on religious political exemptions.

“Today’s executive order signing was an elaborate photo-op with no discernible policy outcome," ACLU director Anthony Romero said in a statement.

"After careful review of the order’s text we have determined that the order does not meaningfully alter the ability of religious institutions or individuals to intervene in the political process. The order portends, but does not yet do harm to the provision of reproductive health services," Romero added.

The ACLU director went on to criticize Trump's assertion that he wants to do away with the Johnson Amendment, which prohibits religious institutions from supporting or opposing political parties and candidates.

“President Trump’s prior assertion that he wished to ‘totally destroy’ the Johnson Amendment with this order has proven to be a textbook case of ‘fake news,’" Romero said.

“The directive to federal agencies to explore religious-based exceptions to healthcare does cue up a potential future battle, but as of now, the status quo has not changed," he continued.

“What President Trump did today was merely provide a faux sop to religious conservatives and kick the can down the road on religious exemptions on reproductive health care services."

ACLU won't sue, says 'religious freedom' order was 'elaborate photo-op'

So what you are saying is that the ACLU agrees that it isn't a violation of anybody's *freedoms* to express your religious affiliation as a politician, nor to advocate for a politician from the pulpit.

Which is what those of us who actually believe in freedom of speech have said all along. After all, that's what all lefty *non profits* do.

After Reviewing Trump’s Executive Order On Religious Liberties, ACLU Declares It Meaningless

They won’t even go to court to try to stop it. In their words, it was a meaningless photo-op.

Today’s executive order signing was an elaborate photo-op with no discernible policy outcome,” ACLU director Anthony Romero said in a statement.

After careful review of the order’s text we have determined that the order does not meaningfully alter the ability of religious institutions or individuals to intervene in the political process. The order portends, but does not yet do harm to the provision of reproductive health services,” Romero added.

Story @ After Reviewing Trump's Executive Order On Religious Liberties, ACLU Declares It Meaningless

As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with this. It only directed government agencies to “look into” instances of where laws and regulations limited “religious freedoms.” It’s a start but a far ways from actually doing anything.

So what you are saying is that the ACLU agrees that it isn't a violation of anybody's *freedoms* to express your religious affiliation as a politician, nor to advocate for a politician from the pulpit.

Which is what those of us who actually believe in freedom of speech have said all along. After all, that's what all lefty *non profits* do.

No, what I'm saying is that Trump is a conman and you are his mark, rube.

As much as I hate to admit it, I have to agree with this. It only directed government agencies to “look into” instances of where laws and regulations limited “religious freedoms.” It’s a start but a far ways from actually doing anything.

It's not even a start ...

It's bullshit, intended to make the the mouth-breathing, knuckle-draggers feel like Trump gives a damn about what they want, when the truth is he's just conning them like he has been from the beginning.

No, you are crying for help which will not come.

You had your day and you failed miserably.. The folly of insanely liberal governance will be invariably checked. History is unfolding before your bloodshot eyes.

No, what you're saying is that you hoped to stop religious freedom, and failed.

Okay, what does the EO actually DO? What does it affect?

No. It said what Trump did makes no difference, and changes nothing. Just more double talk to make his crazy supporters happy.

Oh man, all this winning. I'm sure the pseudo-cons are getting so sick of it. All these wins......

I hear that the Grabber in Chief, late at night ehen he thinks everyone is asleep, walks the halls of the WH in his fabulous robe mumbling to himself "Just winning and winning. I'm sick of all this winning......"

All it does is say "IRS , don't enforce the law that says these tax exempt leech churches can't engage in political bla bla " .

It's a lot like a sanctuary city thing . Oh the irony .

Freedom of religion is already constitutionally protected by the First Amendment, ya dope.

Trump's EO does precisely nothing to change anything.

When the fuck are you ever gonna wake up?

Freedom of religion is already constitutionally protected by the First Amendment, ya dope.

Word. The IRS wasn't even bothering with it .

There are some kristians that want to be able to use their pulpits to campaign for the Republican party. I say fine, just give up the tax exemption bullshit and pay your taxes, then wail away. Of course they don't want to give up THE MONEY. That would be the worst thing for them, having to pay their fair share of taxes. They instead want a tax-free pedestal to stand on as they rail against all those that don't pay taxes.

Jesus while looking down from 'up there': " da fuck!?".

Ya know . The righties will love it when Muslim preachers start getting all political because of this EO .

Word. The IRS wasn't even bothering with it .

But what happens when it's black churches that start advocating for the Democrats? [emoji48]

It affects federal agencies and departments and provides guidance on what they are expected to do. It also directs them to perform certain actions in accordance with the wishes of the president.

What the hell is going on with lefties these days? They are losing their asses off in federal, state and local elections and yet they laugh inappropriately at the slightest provocation. Some lefties have a sick logo that apparently means the opposite of what it says and only makes sense if you are a sick angry incoherent and borderline crazy. Practically nothing they say makes much sense unless you are very, very angry all the time. Did laughing lefties consider that "If you can't (don't) piss off the ACLU" it means that you are on solid legal ground?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back