Act Like An A-Hole, Lose Your Gun

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
I walked into one of my local pawn shops this morning and the owner asked, "do you want a Mossberg Shockwave"?

I told him not really (I have one) and he said he called a guy Tuesday morning (whose gun he pawned) and told him that he was a month and a half late and he would have to forfeit it if he did not receive a payment in 24 hrs. Two messages had already been left.

He said the guy was a real asshole about the whole thing saying he did not have the time to mess with such BS and hung-up on the owner. The shop only loaned him $100.00 on it, that's only like $15.00 a month to keep the payments up.

He told me I could have it for $250.00 so he would not have to deal with it (or the asshole owner) anymore.

m 001 (2).JPG

I went ahead and bought it because I figured I could Form 1 it with the ATF (I already have an entry-length stock) for less than it's retail cost.

It's the "Marine" version (Stainless lookin' Cerakote) and came with a storage tube with a dry bag inside. The tube is sorta useless to me but I can sell it for $50.00 or so and help defray the cost of the $200.00 tax stamp. ;)

I walked into one of my local pawn shops this morning and the owner asked, "do you want a Mossberg Shockwave"?

I told him not really (I have one) and he said he called a guy Tuesday morning (whose gun he pawned) and told him that he was a month and a half late and he would have to forfeit it if he did not receive a payment in 24 hrs. Two messages had already been left.

He said the guy was a real asshole about the whole thing saying he did not have the time to mess with such BS and hung-up on the owner. The shop only loaned him $100.00 on it, that's only like $15.00 a month to keep the payments up.

He told me I could have it for $250.00 so he would not have to deal with it (or the asshole owner) anymore.

View attachment 965162

I went ahead and bought it because I figured I could Form 1 it with the ATF (I already have an entry-length stock) for less than it's retail cost.

It's the "Marine" version (Stainless lookin' Cerakote) and came with a storage tube with a dry bag inside. The tube is sorta useless to me but I can sell it for $50.00 or so and help defray the cost of the $200.00 tax stamp. ;)
Why would you need a tax stamp for that?

Also: I can't imagine shooting a 12 gauge without a stock wedged tight.

Why would you need a tax stamp for that?

Also: I can't imagine shooting a 12 gauge without a stock wedged tight.
On the 590 Shockwave (14" barrel) putting a regular stock on it makes it a SBS (short barreled shotgun) so you need a tax stamp.

They shoot just fine with the OEM Raptor grip.....Aiming is the issue but a laser makes short work of that. Crimson Trace makes an excellent laser for it.

This video also shows the aiming issue without the laser.

I bought my first Shockwave about a month after they came out and you sorta had to alter stuff to make it fit. Now there are a shit-ton of stuff made just for it. :)

On the 590 Shockwave (14" barrel) putting a regular stock on it makes it a SBS (short barreled shotgun) so you need a tax stamp.

They shoot just fine with the OEM Raptor grip.....Aiming is the issue but a laser makes short work of that. Crimson Trace makes an excellent laser for it.

This video also shows the aiming issue without the laser.

I bought my first Shockwave about a month after they came out and you sorta had to alter stuff to make it fit. Now there are a shit-ton of stuff made just for it. :)

Damn, that's a big spread at that distance! :aargh:

Looked like 10-15 yards and over a foot spread. That may be what ya want, idk. :dunno:

I forget how many scatter guns i own on my farm

~S~~
I'd bet OP forgets how many he has, too.

I have a shotgun plan, it'll cost some money though, and gotta be tight right now.

A while back I coulda done it for $500 with ammo and accessories and all. Not now.

It's probably a little over double that now.

I'm well armed Duke

Not that i can see very well anymore , so scatter guns seem to fit me, on the farm, etc....

But i'll tell you this, I may not be anymore than poor white trash living next to the same sorts, but some are so heavily armed, the FBI has knocked on their door.......

I'm glad to have them as neighbors

Ergo, we no longer advertise it.....

~S~

I'm well armed Duke

Not that i can see very well anymore , so scatter guns seem to fit me, on the farm, etc....

But i'll tell you this, I may not be anymore than poor white trash living next to the same sorts, but some are so heavily armed, the FBI has knocked on their door.......

I'm glad to have them as neighbors

Ergo, we no longer advertise it.....

~S~
I don't exactly need any more guns...

But hey, shouldn't everyone have a shotgun or 2?

I mean, if I had to shoot an intruder, the chances of it going through and into a neighbor's house are quite slim with a shotgun.

Not so sure about 9mm hardball. :oops:

I think that could go through 2 bodies and keep going.

A pile.....I keep a spreadsheet in case of theft....Well, I try to. ;)

LOL.....I was looking and noticed I had a Rem. 870 Wingmaster in .410....I had forgotten about it.
Oh! I forgot about that plan. Yeah, don't feel like messin' with it right now.

I'm just happy I got to cut all the yard at once without getting attacked.

I don't exactly need any more guns...

But hey, shouldn't everyone have a shotgun or 2?

I mean, if I had to shoot an intruder, the chances of it going through and into a neighbor's house are quite slim with a shotgun.

Not so sure about 9mm hardball. :oops:

I think that could go through 2 bodies and keep going.
most of my intruders are 4 legged Duke, but i agree in that being prepared for anything is apropos ...~S~

A pile.....I keep a spreadsheet in case of theft....Well, I try to. ;)

LOL.....I was looking and noticed I had a Rem. 870 Wingmaster in .410....I had forgotten about it.
I have a nice old Winchester Model 42 for my .410 shooter. Just a damned nice shotgun. Not a fancy one, but the pre 1953 stuff is so much better than what came after.

Everyone knows about the pre 64 Winchesters, but not many know the first quality drop came in 1953.

So always buy pre 53 when you can.

Forum List

Back