Actual gun defense..robber has gun pointed at victims...and loses to armed good guy...

That is your option. But you are probably aware it might be the last thing you ever do.
What do you care?

And who appointed you adviser to gun owners.

You are never going to convince a gun owner to give up his weapons. So let it go

You choose to be unable to defend yourself if the need arises and I will never try to convince you to do otherwise because it's none of my business

As long as there are lots of pro gun people saying everyone should have a gun I will mention why they might not want a gun. Just because many of you are brainwashed into buying guns and training you will never need doesn't mean everyone should be. Many people are actually made less safe by carrying. Take the woman with the bra holster or woman who got shot dead by her 2 year old. Go to google news and search accidental shooting. There are general several each day. Way more than you will find defenders that's for sure.
As long as there are cowards who hate the 2nd amendment there will be thugs who take advantage.

Cowards? The people without guns are cowards? But the people too scared to leave their house without a gun are what?

You are assuming that they are scared when they aren't.
Big difference in being prepared and being scared.

Yes....I buckle my seat belt as well.....just in case....

As long as there are cowards who hate the 2nd amendment there will be thugs who take advantage.

Cowards? The people without guns are cowards? But the people too scared to leave their house without a gun are what?
No, people who try to disarm their fellow citizens are cowards...and pieces of shit.

Ah. Well I've no interest in that. But I think it's not always the best choice for people.
Then WTF are you pushing here?

Most people are safer without.

Over 320 million guns in private hands and only 6-700 accidental gun deaths a year....so no....most people are not safer without one........most people who own guns are safe with them......

What do you care?

And who appointed you adviser to gun owners.

You are never going to convince a gun owner to give up his weapons. So let it go

You choose to be unable to defend yourself if the need arises and I will never try to convince you to do otherwise because it's none of my business

As long as there are lots of pro gun people saying everyone should have a gun I will mention why they might not want a gun. Just because many of you are brainwashed into buying guns and training you will never need doesn't mean everyone should be. Many people are actually made less safe by carrying. Take the woman with the bra holster or woman who got shot dead by her 2 year old. Go to google news and search accidental shooting. There are general several each day. Way more than you will find defenders that's for sure.

You are assuming that they are scared when they aren't.
Big difference in being prepared and being scared.

Yes....I buckle my seat belt as well.....just in case....
A lot of times I don't buckle up but then again that's my choice and no one's business but mine

As long as there are lots of pro gun people saying everyone should have a gun I will mention why they might not want a gun. Just because many of you are brainwashed into buying guns and training you will never need doesn't mean everyone should be. Many people are actually made less safe by carrying.

Let me ask you a question..... How much is your life worth to you? How about the lives of your friends and family? How much are those "priceless" personal treasures in your home worth to you? Now ask yourself how much you would give to have a gun available to you and have the training to use it if any one of those things or people were to ever be threatened.

To me, my life, my families lives, and my personal possessions are worth far more than the tens of thousands of dollars I've spent on firearms, training, and equipment. Even if they weren't the freindships I've made, the people I've met and the experiences I've had in the self-defense and competitive shooting worlds far outweigh what I've spent over the years.

But no one gives a fuck about your opinion. That really isn't clear yet?

We just keep you around for target practice.

You hate hearing the facts, I know. But they still should be told.
We've heard your facts, laughed about them. Now we are laughing at you.

Most peope laugh at you actually. You really bring nothing to any discussion.
Most libtards like never bring nothing but bs to the discussion, just like now.

Ple
You haven't either Bill. I'm not saying nobody ever does, I'm saying most of you are paranoid. Victims of the gun lobby I guess. Somehow even though you are all very safe they have you believe you need lots of guns and training how to use them.

Brian - I have all sorts of tools that I very rarely need. I haven't used my 36 foot extension ladder in years. I have some ladder hooks that screw on the top of an extension ladder that I haven't used in over ten years. I have some diamond tipped drill bitts I have only used once. Most of them I haven't ever used (they came in a set). I carry a small pocket knife with me most places I go, yet I almost never use it.

I have used my firearm many more times than I have used these (and many) of my other tools. Granted, my handgun has, thus far, fortunately only been used to shoot at targets, but my family and I think it's fun to shoot at targets, AND that firearm has the added potential of increasing the level of protection for my family when we are out.

Do you lock your doors and windows at night? Those are protective things that rarely get "used" to prevent burglers, right? Most houses, arguably, never have a burgery attempt, so why have locks on the doors?

Do you buckle your seat belt in your car? Most cars go throughout their useful life without any sort of major accident, so why use your seat-belt? And those seat belts can be DANGEROUS you know....sometimes trapping the poor user into the burning car and costing them their life.

I know nothing is going to change your mind, or any other gun-grabbers....

How many of those things accidently kill lots of people. Many people who use them in defense are getting shot and killed when they otherwise would have survived. So these people who insist you need a gun to be safer are wrong. I think it's important people know these things when deciding to own/carry. Too often we hear you need a gun to be safe and peope who shouldn't get guns.
Please link to a gun accidentally killing a lot of people.

I must have missed that.

Go to google news and search accidental shooting. They are very plentiful.

No, people who try to disarm their fellow citizens are cowards...and pieces of shit.

Ah. Well I've no interest in that. But I think it's not always the best choice for people.

Over 320 million guns in private hands and only 6-700 accidental gun deaths a year....so no....most people are not safer without one........most people who own guns are safe with them......

And about 17000 accidental shootings reported. Were they all safer?

Ple
You haven't either Bill. I'm not saying nobody ever does, I'm saying most of you are paranoid. Victims of the gun lobby I guess. Somehow even though you are all very safe they have you believe you need lots of guns and training how to use them.

Brian - I have all sorts of tools that I very rarely need. I haven't used my 36 foot extension ladder in years. I have some ladder hooks that screw on the top of an extension ladder that I haven't used in over ten years. I have some diamond tipped drill bitts I have only used once. Most of them I haven't ever used (they came in a set). I carry a small pocket knife with me most places I go, yet I almost never use it.

I have used my firearm many more times than I have used these (and many) of my other tools. Granted, my handgun has, thus far, fortunately only been used to shoot at targets, but my family and I think it's fun to shoot at targets, AND that firearm has the added potential of increasing the level of protection for my family when we are out.

Do you lock your doors and windows at night? Those are protective things that rarely get "used" to prevent burglers, right? Most houses, arguably, never have a burgery attempt, so why have locks on the doors?

Do you buckle your seat belt in your car? Most cars go throughout their useful life without any sort of major accident, so why use your seat-belt? And those seat belts can be DANGEROUS you know....sometimes trapping the poor user into the burning car and costing them their life.

How many of those things accidently kill lots of people. Many people who use them in defense are getting shot and killed when they otherwise would have survived. So these people who insist you need a gun to be safer are wrong. I think it's important people know these things when deciding to own/carry. Too often we hear you need a gun to be safe and peope who shouldn't get guns.

I must have missed that.

As are defensive shootings.....brain......you state and defend the wrong number of 108,000 defensive uses of guns......you then state and defend 17,000 gun accidents each year with 6-700 accidental gun deaths each year (my number).......so by your own numbers...which you defend.....there can't be more gun accidents then there are defensive uses.....

Your numbers are wrong of course....but you state them and defend them......

And about 17000 accidental shootings reported. We're they all safer?

Yes........just as safe as all the people who drove their cars for years before they had an accident....or swam in their pools...before they had an accident.....or took used cleaning products...until they had an accident......

I would be shocked if you can come up with stories daily. I usually count about 50 a year.

Every single day. I gave an actual job and a family and cannot devote my life to providing proof each day just to defeat a Progressive who doesn't have the honesty, integrity, or maturity to ever admit that he's wrong no matter what I do.

I think you'd be lucky to get one a week. I know I can post more accidental shooting stories than you can defenses.

I wish that this discussion board had some police power. I can prove you wrong but to what end? You aren't forced to concede, you aren't punished for being wrong. You are free to ignore my evidence and continue to spout nonsense.

You are a progressive gun grabber who will never ever admit to being wrong no matter what. Why I've wasted all this time already is a mystery. Go ahead now and pretend this is surrender and claim you win. I'm done.

Well I'm confident I can post way more accidental shootings than you can defenses. Call me what you will, but that is a fact.

Brain...even with your defense of the NCVS number, which you put at 108,000 and your inflated 17,000 accidental shootings a year with only 6-700 gun accident deaths a year...even your own flawed numbers prove you wrong....

The real number on average of 1.6 million defensive uses a year far out weighs any actual gun murder rate....which is about 8-9,000 a year and combine that with the accidental gun death rate, which is 6-700 a year....and again you are wrong....

Wether you can find them in the media.....your own numbers that you defend show you are wrong.....and those numbers are low, and wrong.....

New account bill?

Ple

I must have missed that.

As are defensive shootings.....brain......you state and defend the wrong number of 108,000 defensive uses of guns......you then state and defend 17,000 gun accidents each year with 6-700 accidental gun deaths each year (my number).......so by your own numbers...which you defend.....there can't be more gun accidents then there are defensive uses.....

If there are 100,000 defenses than only about 10,000 are defending violent crime. So 10,000 defenses of violent crime vs 17,000 people accidently shot.

Ple

I must have missed that.

If there are 100,000 defenses than only about 10,000 are defending violent crime. So 10,000 defenses of violent crime vs 17,000 people accidently shot.
So who are the other 90000 defending themselves from?

Ple

I must have missed that.

Other crimes. Like burglary. All crimes are not violent crimes. Most defenses are against unarmed criminals looking to steal.

Other crimes. Like burglary. All crimes are not violent crimes. Most defenses are against unarmed criminals looking to steal.

Good. That means even better chances for my family and I to get out of the situation alive, and the perp with a new hole or two.

Sooo....when are you going to start the discussion about how people need to give up their "dangerous" ladders??

Good. That means even better chances for my family and I to get out of the situation alive, and the perp with a new hole or two.

Sooo....when are you going to start the discussion about how people need to give up their "dangerous" ladders??

The ladder thing is too dumb to waste time on.

Ple

I must have missed that.

All crimes have the potential to be violent crimes.

If someone is brazen enough to break into your home while you are there do you not think they are willing to do you harm if needs be?

BTW you are naive if you don't

If someone is brazen enough to break into your home while you are there do you not think they are willing to do you harm if needs be?

I think most burglars hope to take your stuff without you knowing. If they are alerted you are there most will take off. But don't take my word, go look at crime statistics.

I think most burglars hope to take your stuff without you knowing. If they are alerted you are there most will take off. But don't take my word, go look at crime statistics.
Again your opinion.

And it only takes one burglary to go bad.

Just ask the Petit family of CT or what's left of them after the wife and kids were burned alive after a simple burglary went bad

And what's wrong with scaring burglars away with a gun anyway?

You don't have to shoot a gun for it to stop a crime you know

Again your opinion.

And it only takes one burglary to go bad.

Just ask the Petit family of CT or what's left of them after the wife and kids were burned alive after a simple burglary went bad

And what's wrong with scaring burglars away with a gun anyway?

You don't have to shoot a gun for it to stop a crime you know
I chased a bunch out of here that thought I was not at home.

And yes, I did display an AK-47, and yes, I did go to the home of a local bum that probably knew them, and told him I was coming after HIS ass if anything ever went missing here.

He fuckin' believed me, too.

Opportunity rape happens all the time...they go in to rob, and find a woman alone........

Forum List

Back