Adam Lanza's Attack Took Less Than 5 Minutes

thank god he didn't have a Military Assault rifle:eusa_whistle:

the mad minute/final protective military rate of fire ( or in civilian terms- bezerk rate of fire) can be as high as 30 rds in 4 seconds, add another 4-5 seconds for a magazine swap, he could have tripled his rate of fire easily, barring mechanical failure....lets say 3 mags a minutes at 90 rds.....putting out over 450 rds or so ....;)

we have bullet buttons here in cali. making fast mag swaps impossible btw.

combining requiring a bullet button with a ban on large capacity magazines and i believe you have all the new regulation required - at least as far as hardware is concerned

the mad minute/final protective military rate of fire ( or in civilian terms- bezerk rate of fire) can be as high as 30 rds in 4 seconds, add another 4-5 seconds for a magazine swap, he could have tripled his rate of fire easily, barring mechanical failure....lets say 3 mags a minutes at 90 rds.....putting out over 450 rds or so ....;)

combining requiring a bullet button with a ban on large capacity magazines and i believe you have all the new regulation required - at least as far as hardware is concerned

Exactly, That's what we have here right now and I don't have a problem with it.

Do any of you gun supporters see anything upsetting about this??? People like this Adam Lanza have to be stopped.
Of course we do and of course he should! Do any of your liberal fools feel upset you leave our children in such defenseless establishments that are targeted because of their defenselessness?

What is wrong in your mind? and how should he have been stopped? or how will you stop the next person that goes over the edge.
First I would make school (not talking about malls or movie theaters) not gun free zones. Most schools have security, I think they should be armed security guards. I think teachers should be able to carry. First, they must be enormous background checks. Second, they must clear a semi-annual psy-evaluation. Third, there must be high standards of carry for correct carrying and storage method.

Then I would look at the overall picture and see gun violence is the most problematic in the inner cities amongst gangs and gang violence. Remove that aspect and our murder my gun rate is similar to other western countries. Chicago is the murder capital of the US and has the most strict gun laws in the US, so I would look to address the problem with CRIMINALS and not law abiding citizens.
But I would do some liberal polices. Universal background checks. A FOID card program like IL has, end gun shows, more vicarious liability for careless gun owners or lack of reporting stolen guns.

Investigators: Adam Lanza surrounded by weapons at home; attack took less than 5 minutes

Adam Lanza left a home stuffed with weaponry and carried out the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in a 154-bullet barrage that took less than five minutes, investigators said Thursday in the first detailed account of his surroundings and troubled state of mind.

Authorities also recovered a certificate in Lanza’s name from the National Rifle Association, seven of his journals, drawings that he made and books from the house, including books on living with mental illness.

At the school, Lanza fired the 154 rounds from a Bushmaster .223-model rifle and the final bullet from a Glock 10mm handgun to take his own life, said Stephen Sedensky, the chief prosecutor investigating the shooting. Police recovered 10 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster that Lanza took to the school. Three of the magazines had a full 30 rounds still in them.

Among school shootings in the United States, the death toll from Newtown is second only to the 32 people killed at Virginia Tech in 2007.

Do any of you gun supporters see anything upsetting about this??? People like this Adam Lanza have to be stopped.

Investigators: Adam Lanza surrounded by weapons at home; attack took less than 5 minutes - Open Channel

Yes Lanza was a criminal who stole weapons and criminals who steal weapons must be stopped.

I am not a criminal who steals weapons I do not have to be stopped from owning weapons.

Unless someone steals yours. Will you then share full culpability?

I'd be no more culpable than if my stolen car was used to kill someone. I do not live with a retard, I do not have children and I have gun safes with biometric locks and only my wife and I can open them.

So there is absolutely no reason for you control freaks to tell me I can't own any weapon i want.

Investigators: Adam Lanza surrounded by weapons at home; attack took less than 5 minutes

Adam Lanza left a home stuffed with weaponry and carried out the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in a 154-bullet barrage that took less than five minutes, investigators said Thursday in the first detailed account of his surroundings and troubled state of mind.

Authorities also recovered a certificate in Lanza’s name from the National Rifle Association, seven of his journals, drawings that he made and books from the house, including books on living with mental illness.

At the school, Lanza fired the 154 rounds from a Bushmaster .223-model rifle and the final bullet from a Glock 10mm handgun to take his own life, said Stephen Sedensky, the chief prosecutor investigating the shooting. Police recovered 10 30-round magazines for the Bushmaster that Lanza took to the school. Three of the magazines had a full 30 rounds still in them.

Among school shootings in the United States, the death toll from Newtown is second only to the 32 people killed at Virginia Tech in 2007.

Investigators: Adam Lanza surrounded by weapons at home; attack took less than 5 minutes - Open Channel

Yes people like Adam Lanza need to be stopped, and it's possible that had there been an armed guard on the premises his murderous spree may have been lessened or even prevented.

with fewer rounds per load fewer kids would have died.

If his nutter gun snuggler mother had not bought him weapons it would not have happened at all

If his nutter gun snuggler mother had not bought him weapons it would not have happened at all

maybe maybe not

perhaps if he had professional help

this would not have happened

maybe if the principal who lost her life

trying to save the kids had been armed

she would have stopped him before he started

Not really.......The Deadly Bullet Button

Not really.......The Deadly Bullet Button

"magazine clip"

--LOL

maybe maybe not

perhaps if he had professional help

this would not have happened

maybe if the principal who lost her life

trying to save the kids had been armed

she would have stopped him before he started

who gave him the money for the ammmo and guns?

No guns and ammo no dead babies.

he had his gun already aimed when he came in.

none of the people could have out drawn him

One can drive his car right through the crowd at the Iowa state fair and kill as many people Adam Lanza did in less than five minutes.

It is not the weapon. It is the mind of the attacker.

One can drive his car right through the crowd at the Iowa state fair and kill as many people Adam Lanza did in less than five minutes.

some here seem to believe

that as long as the driver is licensed

certain types of autos are banned

and the number of gallons he can have is limited

those sorts of things can not happen

no such thing is applicable on private property

Some on hear ALSO believe that those that would use a gun to commit a crime would be less inclined to get their hands on a gun for they will not want to break the proposed gun law.

no such thing is applicable on private property

yes we are talking hypothetical here

--LOL

Forum List

Back