Adding Alligators to the Swamp, NOT Draining It

WaitingFor2020

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2016
New Orleans
Even the conservative editorial board of the Wall Street Journal agrees with Elizabeth Warren, this is a horrible pick for Sec'ty of Treasury. Just another corporate welfare parasite.

Steven Mnuchin’s Defining Moment: Seizing Opportunity From the Financial Crisis
Donald Trump’s nominee for Treasury secretary made millions buying failed IndyMac and has résumé at odds with president-elect’s campaign rhetoric

Dec. 1, 2016 1:08 a.m. ET

On a muggy morning in July 2008, hundreds of customers stood outside IndyMac Bank branches in Southern California, trying to pull their savings from the lender, which was doomed by losses on risky mortgages.

Steven Mnuchin didn’t know much about IndyMac as he watched the scenes on CNBC from his Midtown Manhattan office. But he immediately saw an opportunity and began figuring out how to buy the bank.

Regulators seized IndyMac, foreshadowing a vicious banking crisis. Six months later,
Mr. Mnuchin and his investment partners acquired IndyMac with a helping hand from the U.S. government. The deal eventually earned him hundreds of millions of dollars in personal profits.

The former Goldman Sachs Group Inc. partner, Hollywood financier and hedge-fund manager now is President-elect Donald Trump’s choice for Treasury secretary. Like other Trump cabinet picks, Mr. Mnuchin has a résumé that is at odds with much of the president-elect’s populist rhetoric on the campaign trail.""""

First they criticize Trump for wanting to "drain the swamp" and then Porkahontis whines that he isn't doing it. Corporations ain't your enemy lefties, government drones are.

First they criticize Trump for wanting to "drain the swamp" and then Porkahontis whines that he isn't doing it. Corporations ain't your enemy lefties, government drones are.

You are Blind if you don't see Trump bringing in everyone that he campaigned against....... wow....

Tom Price voted to Spy on Americans .. Get your damn head out of the Republican smoke cloud......

Even the conservative editorial board of the Wall Street Journal agrees with Elizabeth Warren, this is a horrible pick for Sec'ty of Treasury. Just another corporate welfare parasite.

Donald Trump’s nominee for Treasury secretary made millions buying failed IndyMac and has résumé at odds with president-elect’s campaign rhetoric

On a muggy morning in July 2008, hundreds of customers stood outside IndyMac Bank branches in Southern California, trying to pull their savings from the lender, which was doomed by losses on risky mortgages.

Steven Mnuchin didn’t know much about IndyMac as he watched the scenes on CNBC from his Midtown Manhattan office. But he immediately saw an opportunity and began figuring out how to buy the bank.

Regulators seized IndyMac, foreshadowing a vicious banking crisis. Six months later,
Mr. Mnuchin and his investment partners acquired IndyMac with a helping hand from the U.S. government. The deal eventually earned him hundreds of millions of dollars in personal profits.

The former Goldman Sachs Group Inc. partner, Hollywood financier and hedge-fund manager now is President-elect Donald Trump’s choice for Treasury secretary. Like other Trump cabinet picks, Mr. Mnuchin has a résumé that is at odds with much of the president-elect’s populist rhetoric on the campaign trail.""""

Wrote it before and will write it again:

Trump is a salesman first and everything else second. The product he promised will never be the product he delivers, and yet the left act totally surprise that Trump voters don't really care.

They voted for Trump because they did not want Clinton as President, and those like you are to blame for Trump winning the Electoral College!

So enjoy the next four years because I have stated many time Trump was, is and will forever be a Charlatan but it seem to you are shock that his voting base just did not care seeing your butt hurt rampage daily on here!

Regulators seized IndyMac, foreshadowing a vicious banking crisis. Six months later, Mr. Mnuchin and his investment partners acquired IndyMac with a helping hand from the U.S. government. The deal eventually earned him hundreds of millions of dollars in personal profits.

The bank was saved, fixed, depositors protected and then it was sold for a profit.
I can see why libs are angry.

You are Blind if you don't see Trump bringing in everyone that he campaigned against....... wow....

Tom Price voted to Spy on Americans .. Get your damn head out of the Republican smoke cloud......

What's your evidence? He needs some people who know the system for one thing. Also he has had a long term business relationship with the former Goldman Sach's guy who went off on his own.

Do you liberals honestly believe crying wolf every minute of everyday will help your cause?

What's your evidence? He needs some people who know the system for one thing. Also he has had a long term business relationship with the former Goldman Sach's guy who went off on his own.

Do you liberals honestly believe crying wolf every minute of everyday will help your cause?

Get your head out of the republican smoke cloud weasel... they are screwing you too.. I read his voting record as soon as I heard about him...he is corrupt as hell..

• Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)
  • Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)

Get your damn head out of the Republican smoke cloud......

Is this post coming from some first grader somewhere in Kansas who thinks Obama was a good and honest president and liberal ideas are next to godliness?

Is this post coming from some first grader somewhere in Kansas who thinks Obama was a good and honest president and liberal ideas are next to godliness?

Interesting that you took out what the alligator voted for...

• Voted YES on continuing intelligence gathering without civil oversight. (Apr 2006)

Get your head out of the republican smoke cloud weasel... they are screwing you too.. I read his voting record as soon as I heard about him...he is corrupt as hell..

The Treasury dept. doesn't run the NSA. Get your head out of your whatever. I'm not worried about being spied on, government has been doing it for years though.

Would you like to show me where I said I was FOR the establishment inside the Beltway? Please do or STFU.

The Treasury dept. doesn't run the NSA. Get your head out of your whatever. I'm not worried about being spied on, government has been doing it for years though.

Dude he is nominated for Secretary of labor...not Treasury..

The RNC has declared domestic spying illegal. A faction led by George W. Bush-era bureaucrats is pushing back.
United States Secretary of Labor - Wikipedia

Interesting that you took out what the alligator voted for...

Frankly, I am not too uptight about surveillance of other people, places or nations. This entire world is under surveillance in more ways than one can imagine. So what?

What's your point anyway? You want to nit pick away at Trump and point out everything that won't go right? Like has there ever been an administration that did not have faults? He will do the best he can with the resources available. It will not solve all of our problems, but at least it will have rid of us of true enemies of the state --- i.e. the corrupt and cowardly obama administration, the corrupt and evil hillary camp, and the gutless worthless democrat congress and republican congress.

No, the Treasury has MUCH MORE power than that. Remember Paulson? Sec'ty of Treasury under Bush in 2008 and also...yep, former head of....yep, Goldman Sachs.

Got up in front of the mics with a two-page document and gave a handful of banks $750,000,000,000. That's billions, not millions. Don't remember? Of course you don't, fucking idiot.

Documents Reveal How Paulson Forced Banks To Take TARP Cash

Just more leftist butt hurt. I didn't vote for Trump, but I'm giving him a chance and he has made pretty good picks so far. Go to the back of the bus and shut up.

No, the Treasury has MUCH MORE power than that. Remember Paulson? Sec'ty of Treasury under Bush in 2008 and also...yep, former head of....yep, Goldman Sachs.

Got up in front of the mics with a two-page document and gave a handful of banks $750,000,000,000. That's billions, not millions. Don't remember? Of course you don't, fucking idiot.

Got up in front of the mics with a two-page document and gave a handful of banks $750,000,000,000

Gave? Like a gift?

Trump's already picked people who want to reform income taxes, dump Obamacare, incent businesses to work here with lower corporate and repatriation of money taxes, it's a great start.

Your issue isn't that he isn't draining the swamp, it's that you're the swamp

Regulators seized IndyMac, foreshadowing a vicious banking crisis. Six months later, Mr. Mnuchin and his investment partners acquired IndyMac with a helping hand from the U.S. government. The deal eventually earned him hundreds of millions of dollars in personal profits.

The bank was saved, fixed, depositors protected and then it was sold for a profit.
I can see why libs are angry.

This is why it was so easy for Trump to get your votes. I have to spell everything out for you idiots: Mnuchin changed the name to OneWest and kicked 36,000 homeowners out by refusing to renegotiate their mortgages since the bank was no longer IndyMac, you dumbass.

Got up in front of the mics with a two-page document and gave a handful of banks $750,000,000,000

Gave? Like a gift?

When Democrats spend money, it's an "investment." When Republicans spend millions or billions they hyperventilate. When they spent trillions it's no thang

Trump's already picked people who want to reform income taxes, dump Obamacare, incent businesses to work here with lower corporate and repatriation of money taxes, it's a great start.

Your issue isn't that he isn't draining the swamp, it's that you're the swamp

80% of tax reform will benefit the top 5%. Thanks for voting against your own interests...again.

Forum List

Back