Aerosmith tells Trump to stop using their music

^^^ People are going to think whatever they want no matter what does or doesn't take place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. The only thing that the Areosmith guys can really do is say that they do not stand with whoever is in question. Any fans that they lose in the process will be due to their own choice of words and actions and no one else's.

People are more likely to think that if a politician uses a musicians music and they don't protest, that the artist endorses that politician.

Like I said, same reason you don't see people in uniform at political rallies for individual candidates. It's viewed by the public as an endorsement of that candidate by the service of the uniform worn. If people don't see a person in uniform at a rally, they won't think about it one way or the other, but if they DO see a person in uniform at a rally, they will automatically assume it's an endorsement.

^^^ The sad reality of it all is that people are going to think whatever they want no matter what is or isn't done or said. You can't control certain things that other people do when their rights are no different compared to the rights that you yourself possess. To me, since the group has already put their opinion out there, their next objective should be whatever is next on the agenda.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Steven Tyler Demands Trump Stop Playing Aerosmith Songs at Rallies

Steven Tyler has sent Trump a warning not to use his music at Trump rallies anymore via his lawyer.

I got to thinking about this and looking back no one sung at Trump's inauguration. I think people knew that the entire music industry, legal profession, schools, media, the Federal government, were out to get Trump.

And now we see what happens to those who dared support Trump in any way.

Considering these things, I don't much blame Steven and the rest for dissing the President. After all, they have families to consider.

It has nothing to do with being out to get trump. Wow the paranoia and projection of you conservatives is astounding.

This is about copyright infringement and not wanting anyone to violate Tyler's right to not have people associate him with trump or think that Tyler supports trump.

I thought you people believed in private ownership of everything. Tyler and two others own that song because they wrote it. trump is illegally using that song without permission or any sort of monetary compensation.

So much for being the law and order party. trump is stealing that song. Do you understand theft?

Tyler has every legal right in the world to do this.

Tyler isn't the only musician who has asked politicians to not use their work.
so no one, here knows if aerosmith can legally stop him.

Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and the third person who wrote that song, who own those copyrights have the legal ability to stop them.

If you read the article you will see Aerosmith isn't asking this. Steven Tyler and the other 2 are through their lawyer.

trump is stealing that song. He was asked to stop using Aerosmith music twice before and knows that the band members don't want their music associated with trump. Yet trump keeps using it. So he knows that he's breaking the law.

For him to not be breaking the law he has to go to the management of the band, request permission to use it, sign a contract/license to use it and then pay for the license to use it.

That's how it works yet you and trump don't think that the law applies to trump.

It does. Ownership has it's privileges. In this case the right to stop trump from illegally stealing music from members of the band Aerosmith.

Steven Tyler has sent Trump a warning not to use his music at Trump rallies anymore via his lawyer.

I got to thinking about this and looking back no one sung at Trump's inauguration. I think people knew that the entire music industry, legal profession, schools, media, the Federal government, were out to get Trump.

Considering these things, I don't much blame Steven and the rest for dissing the President. After all, they have families to consider.

It has nothing to do with being out to get trump. Wow the paranoia and projection of you conservatives is astounding.

This is about copyright infringement and not wanting anyone to violate Tyler's right to not have people associate him with trump or think that Tyler supports trump.

I thought you people believed in private ownership of everything. Tyler and two others own that song because they wrote it. trump is illegally using that song without permission or any sort of monetary compensation.

So much for being the law and order party. trump is stealing that song. Do you understand theft?

Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and the third person who wrote that song, who own those copyrights have the legal ability to stop them.

If you read the article you will see Aerosmith isn't asking this. Steven Tyler and the other 2 are through their lawyer.

trump is stealing that song. He was asked to stop using Aerosmith music twice before and knows that the band members don't want their music associated with trump. Yet trump keeps using it. So he knows that he's breaking the law.

For him to not be breaking the law he has to go to the management of the band, request permission to use it, sign a contract/license to use it and then pay for the license to use it.

That's how it works yet you and trump don't think that the law applies to trump.

It does. Ownership has it's privileges. In this case the right to stop trump from illegally stealing music from members of the band Aerosmith.
You are jumpingvto major conclusuions. All i said was its not always that cut n dry. You are making up the rest cause you hate trump.

Good for him

Don’t want to ruin the brand

Actually, it's kind of an untested grey area. The songs are the product of the musician, and they are also covered under copyright law. But, there are places where it doesn't cover them, like at public events in public stadiums.

Why Politicians Keep Using Songs Without Artists’ Permission – Rolling Stone

Technically speaking, copyright laws allow political candidates to use just about any song they want, as long as they’re played at a stadium, arena or other venue that already has a public-performance license through a songwriters’ association such as ASCAP or BMI. However, the law contains plenty of gray area. If a candidate refuses to stop using a song in this scenario, an artist may be able to protect his “right of publicity” – Springsteen’s voice blaring over a loudspeaker is part of his image, and he has a right to protect his own image. “It’s untested in the political realm,” says Lawrence Iser, an intellectual-property lawyer who has represented the Beatles, Michael Jackson and many others. “Even if Donald Trump has the ASCAP right to use a Neil Young song, does Neil have the right to nevertheless go after him on right of publicity? I say he does.”

Iser represented David Byrne when the ex-Talking Head successfully sued Florida Republican Charlie Crist for using “Road to Nowhere” in a video to attack opponent Marco Rubio during a 2010 U.S. Senate campaign. He also helped Jackson Browne win a suit against John McCain in 2008 when the Republican presidential candidate played “Running on Empty” in an ad bashing Barack Obama on gas conservation.

In an ad I can see the copyright laws stopping the person or persons in a stadium to introduce someone, would be a lot tougher.

Actually, it's kind of an untested grey area. The songs are the product of the musician, and they are also covered under copyright law. But, there are places where it doesn't cover them, like at public events in public stadiums.

Technically speaking, copyright laws allow political candidates to use just about any song they want, as long as they’re played at a stadium, arena or other venue that already has a public-performance license through a songwriters’ association such as ASCAP or BMI. However, the law contains plenty of gray area. If a candidate refuses to stop using a song in this scenario, an artist may be able to protect his “right of publicity” – Springsteen’s voice blaring over a loudspeaker is part of his image, and he has a right to protect his own image. “It’s untested in the political realm,” says Lawrence Iser, an intellectual-property lawyer who has represented the Beatles, Michael Jackson and many others. “Even if Donald Trump has the ASCAP right to use a Neil Young song, does Neil have the right to nevertheless go after him on right of publicity? I say he does.”

Iser represented David Byrne when the ex-Talking Head successfully sued Florida Republican Charlie Crist for using “Road to Nowhere” in a video to attack opponent Marco Rubio during a 2010 U.S. Senate campaign. He also helped Jackson Browne win a suit against John McCain in 2008 when the Republican presidential candidate played “Running on Empty” in an ad bashing Barack Obama on gas conservation.

In an ad I can see the copyright laws stopping the person or persons in a stadium to introduce someone, would be a lot tougher.

Publishing covers "public performance". Even radio stations who play Aerosmith (or whoever) have to pay, generally ASCAP or BMI.

Publishing covers "public performance". Even radio stations who play Aerosmith (or whoever) have to pay, generally ASCAP or BMI.

Wasn’t talking about covers or radio stations.

Last edited:
Sign into law allowing politicians to use any music they want with no chance to be barred or sued. They exempted themselves fro DONOTCALL.

I'm loving all the snowflake outrage over Aerosmith.

This is more proof you Trumpsters cannot handle any criticism of Trump.

I'm loving all the snowflake outrage over Aerosmith.

This is more proof you Trumpsters cannot handle any criticism of Trump.
Why doesn`t Trump play the Russian anthem or better yet, "I fought the law and the law won"?

So what you're saying is Obama and Hillary are running a criminal organization that is a threat to anyone who becomes a Trump supporter?

And if they pay the PROs the bands are getting paid.

Forum List

Back