Affairs

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
I have heard people say, I didn't set out to have an affair ... it just happened.

Do you think this is possible?

Don't you think you know if you have an attraction - and - you have a choice whether to "feed" that attraction or walk away early in the game.....

.... and, if you "feed" the attraction, it's indicative you are not happy in your current relationship.....

Reminds me of a saying I read 50+ years ago.

Nothing comes out your mouth that didn't start in your brain.

Affairs don't just happen, the thought is already there

So, you are of the belief that even before an attraction, the person is already in their mind "set out" to have one? Interesting.....

Do you think it's possible for someone totally happy in their marriage to be tempted?

So, you are of the belief that even before an attraction, the person is already in their mind "set out" to have one? Interesting.....

Do you think it's possible for someone totally happy in their marriage to be tempted?

of course.

of course.

Do you think it's possible for someone totally happy in their marriage to NEVER be tempted???

of course.

Do you think it's possible for someone totally happy in their marriage to NEVER be tempted???

Never?

no.

It might be a character in a book, on television, a movie actor, completely impossible for an affair to occur.

It may only be a stray thought, once, but the temptation was there.

I have heard people say, I didn't set out to have an affair ... it just happened.

Do you think this is possible?

Don't you think you know if you have an attraction - and - you have a choice whether to "feed" that attraction or walk away early in the game.....

.... and, if you "feed" the attraction, it's indicative you are not happy in your current relationship.....

"And today I found out I accidentally slept with a prostitute."

"You...'Accidentally slept with a prostitute?'"

"Well I didn't know she was a prostitute, but yes, yes I did."

"'Accidentally?' I don't understand. Did you slip on something?"

- "The West Wing" :)

Temptation is very different than acting upon. Things never 'just happen'. Even if that attraction is very strong... there still has to be a line that is crossed to bring an 'affair' to fruition. One does not magically show up at a motel or wherever & their clothes accidently come off... ec etc etc.....

[Joe has just found out that Mike was sleeping with his wife]
Mike Mathews: It just happened, Joe. It...
Joe Hallenbeck: Sure, sure, I know... it just happened. Coulda happened to anybody. It was an accident, right? You tripped, slipped on the floor and accidentally stuck your dick in my wife."

The Last Boy Scout

lol. just for the record, hubby & I discussed this & we both agreed that should Johnny Depp ever invite me to a motel , or Stevie Nicks ( circa 1976) ever invited him... then we each get permission to have a go it.

for me and my hubby it's:

Him: Jennifer Aniston
Me: Christian Bale

Celebrity crushes are always fun and harmless :)

Do I , yes of course, but when people get married they do not know the future.

Marriage is a commitment.
If you meet the love of your life after you get married, you have a choice to make.
I'm not a fan of having your cake and eating it too.
Choices.
Also, you only live once. It's all what matters most to you.....

Love? Your Word? Your Kids? Your Faith? ... but eating the grass from both yards.... no......

If you meet the love of your life after you get married, you have a choice to make.
Choices.

Love? Your Word? Your Kids? Your Faith? ... but eating the grass from both yards.... no......

You never know the future. That is all I can say, and I've been married just shy of 30 years and have never cheated and I trust my husband has not either.

You never know the future, and if your looking for some sort of guarantee, don't expect one..

Choices.

You never know the future. That is all I can say, and I've been married just shy of 30 years and have never cheated and I trust my husband has not either.

You never know the future, and if your looking for some sort of guarantee, don't expect one..

Oh... well I do agree with that!
Anyone is capable of doing anything at any time. You have to factor in so much (even loss of your senses or mind!) .... no that is where trust comes in and is essential to any healthy productive relationship.... no doubt.

Choices.

We just hit our 30th year, & I can't see committing that ultimate betrayal while still married. I think too many people get married for the most frivolous passing reasons to begin with, but at least getting a divorce first is honest.

Horse shit.

You maybe can't help the attraction. But you can help behaving on it in a way that violates a commitment you made.

Horse shit.

You maybe can't help the attraction. But you can help behaving on it in a way that violates a commitment you made.

Usually you know/sense the attraction immediately
Any decent person will avoid the person they feel that with at all costs (if their vows meant anything at all)

Forum List

Back