Affirmative action, helpful or harmful?

Because if you are in anyway successful, AA makes you look bad. Everybody assumes you are successful because of AA instead of your own abilities and achievements. You didn't earn your own way, you were given a way by government. It's insulting to any successful person.

It's just like when you made that comment about my beverage store owner. You automatically assume his success was not because of hard work and learning, his success was because somebody gave him a loan that wouldn't loan money to blacks. I can assure you that if he read this blog and knew we were talking about him, he would be totally insulted. Even at his age, he still works night and day. When not at the store, he drives out 40 miles to his hotel to help his wife with chores she can't handle. They aren't that much younger than I am.
Makes you look bad? I dont care what people think. You should have learned that as an adult.

I didnt assume anything. As a matter of fact I pointed out he was one person and said lets pretend like he was an entire race. You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

AA makes a lot of people look bad because it's assumed (like you did with my beverage store guy) they didn't or couldn't do it on their own. Any self-made person would be offended by that. They would be offended even more if somebody did make it to their level of success because of AA instead of doing it on their own.
Again if you were successful yourself you would realize what people think of you doesnt matter. Youre telling on yourself here.

Not at all. I would be insulted if somebody told me the only reason I'm where I'm at today is because I'm white. Forget the fact I chose not to have children because of the expense. Forget the fact that I wake up every morning and go to work. Forget the fact I've overcome all odds against me. I'm only doing okay because I'm white.

How could I not be offended by such an accusation?
Its dumb to be insulted with what someone else thinks. Only losers care what some random person thinks of their situation in life.

It's called pride and most working people have it.

Makes you look bad? I dont care what people think. You should have learned that as an adult.

I didnt assume anything. As a matter of fact I pointed out he was one person and said lets pretend like he was an entire race. You really need to work on your reading comprehension.

AA makes a lot of people look bad because it's assumed (like you did with my beverage store guy) they didn't or couldn't do it on their own. Any self-made person would be offended by that. They would be offended even more if somebody did make it to their level of success because of AA instead of doing it on their own.
Again if you were successful yourself you would realize what people think of you doesnt matter. Youre telling on yourself here.

Not at all. I would be insulted if somebody told me the only reason I'm where I'm at today is because I'm white. Forget the fact I chose not to have children because of the expense. Forget the fact that I wake up every morning and go to work. Forget the fact I've overcome all odds against me. I'm only doing okay because I'm white.

Its dumb to be insulted with what someone else thinks. Only losers care what some random person thinks of their situation in life.

Its called insecurity and most white males have it because they know they have been gifted a headstart.

Its called insecurity and most white males have it because they know they have been gifted a headstart.

What head start? What head start did I have over you or anybody else?

You forsake having children because of the expense? And yet, despite your prudence, you are made to contribute a portion of uour earnings toward a public school system you have no need of, are you not? You do not feel you can afford the financial burden of your own children, but must bear the burden of others’ children under threat of punishment. This does not seem appropriate.

It's not and I'm totally against it, but little I can do about it either.

It's not that I mind paying my "fair share" but in our state, you are taxed by your property value and not usage of the education system. In other words I may be paying twice as much into the school system as my neighbor down the street with four kids in the system. I don't see the equity in it and it's totally unfair.

But yes, I opted not to have a family because of the cost. I invested my money instead, and while I'm just a working blue collar guy, I have my apartments that I take care of after work and on weekends. It will be of great value to me when I retire in a couple of years or if I am forced to go on disability.
Look at it this way

You used the educational system when you grew up and are now paying back the education you received

So why should I pay three fold of what somebody else paid for me? And no, most of my education was in a private Catholic school where the church parishioners footed the bill.

Your parents and your own choices

The 400 years plus headstart where white male AA is the law of the land in one form or another.

Last edited:

The 400 years plus headstart where white male AA is the law of the land in one form or another.

Break it down. In what way did I have a head start?

I got out of high school and got a job. Why couldn't' you or any other minority?

I went into delivering and repairing medical equipment. Why couldn't you or any other minority?

I avoided having children and saved my money. Why couldn't you or any other minority?

When I decided that I could do better, I got my CDL and began driving a truck. Why couldn't you or any minority?

When I decided I didn't earn enough money, I upgraded my CDL to a Class A (tractor-trailer). Why couldn't you or any minority?

I invested my money in rental property. Why couldn't you or any minority?

I also invested in the stock market and commodities market. Why couldn't you or any minority?

In my younger days, I often worked seven days a week, worked overtime, or had two to three jobs. Why couldn't you or any minority?

Now if you can't answer one or more questions, then it's apparent I had no more of an advantage over you or any minority. In other words, I never had any head start.

You forsake having children because of the expense? And yet, despite your prudence, you are made to contribute a portion of uour earnings toward a public school system you have no need of, are you not? You do not feel you can afford the financial burden of your own children, but must bear the burden of others’ children under threat of punishment. This does not seem appropriate.

It's not that I mind paying my "fair share" but in our state, you are taxed by your property value and not usage of the education system. In other words I may be paying twice as much into the school system as my neighbor down the street with four kids in the system. I don't see the equity in it and it's totally unfair.

But yes, I opted not to have a family because of the cost. I invested my money instead, and while I'm just a working blue collar guy, I have my apartments that I take care of after work and on weekends. It will be of great value to me when I retire in a couple of years or if I am forced to go on disability.
Look at it this way

You used the educational system when you grew up and are now paying back the education you received

So why should I pay three fold of what somebody else paid for me? And no, most of my education was in a private Catholic school where the church parishioners footed the bill.

My choices? Do you think I have a choice in where my property tax goes?

Break it down. In what way did I have a head start?

I got out of high school and got a job. Why couldn't' you or any other minority?

I went into delivering and repairing medical equipment. Why couldn't you or any other minority?

I avoided having children and saved my money. Why couldn't you or any other minority?

When I decided that I could do better, I got my CDL and began driving a truck. Why couldn't you or any minority?

When I decided I didn't earn enough money, I upgraded my CDL to a Class A (tractor-trailer). Why couldn't you or any minority?

I invested my money in rental property. Why couldn't you or any minority?

I also invested in the stock market and commodities market. Why couldn't you or any minority?

In my younger days, I often worked seven days a week, worked overtime, or had two to three jobs. Why couldn't you or any minority?

Now if you can't answer one or more questions, then it's apparent I had no more of an advantage over you or any minority. In other words, I never had any head start.
You born in a country where racism benefits whites.

It was easier for you to get a job. Most business owners are white.

Because I didnt have a white friend or relative already in the repairing medical equipment gig.

No comment.

I would have done the same thing had I been able to get a job driving tractor trailers.

I did invest my money in rental property. Thats why I am well off now. However, that knowledge was paid for where a lot of people have no clue on where to get it. Plus its all about timing.

Typically Black people dont trust whites with their money especially when it invests in companines that discriminate against Blacks.

Of course you have had a head start. You were born white in a country that actively looks out for your well being to the detriment of other races.

The question was what did I do that you couldn't do.

No, actually it's easier for blacks to get a job. If you were discriminated against in any way, we have laws where you can go back and sue people who discriminated against you. I could never do that.

Because I didnt have a white friend or relative already in the repairing medical equipment gig.

Neither did I. I simply applied for the job.

I would have done the same thing had I been able to get a job driving tractor trailers.

Why couldn't you?

I did invest my money in rental property. Thats why I am well off now. However, that knowledge was paid for where a lot of people have no clue on where to get it. Plus its all about timing.

Then what you're saying is that your race had nothing to do with it. Thank you.

Typically Black people dont trust whites with their money especially when it invests in companines that discriminate against Blacks.

Why would a black care where their money was invested as long as it was crating profit? If Black Lies Matter had a company in the exchange that was making great profit, count me in.

Of course you have had a head start. You were born white in a country that actively looks out for your well being to the detriment of other races.

And what about minorities that were born in this white country that did great? What about all the foreigners who buy franchises in 7 -11's and various other investments? They did just fine in this white country. Why couldn't blacks?

And again it's the victimization mentality. Excuses.

The question was what did I do that you couldn't do.

No, actually it's easier for blacks to get a job. If you were discriminated against in any way, we have laws where you can go back and sue people who discriminated against you. I could never do that.

Neither did I. I simply applied for the job.

Why couldn't you?

Then what you're saying is that your race had nothing to do with it. Thank you.

Why would a black care where their money was invested as long as it was crating profit? If Black Lies Matter had a company in the exchange that was making great profit, count me in.

And what about minorities that were born in this white country that did great? What about all the foreigners who buy franchises in 7 -11's and various other investments? They did just fine in this white country. Why couldn't blacks?

And again it's the victimization mentality. Excuses.
I cant be white.

No its not easier for Blacks to get jobs. Its easier for white women to get jobs.

You were white and applied for the job.

Because I didnt want to drive tractor trailers nor would I have known the first place to start if I did.

My race had everything to do with it. A Black person showed me how to do it.

Because white banks have stolen Black peoples money before. We have heard all the stories

There are fewer people of color that have done better than whites and this specifically applies to Blacks due to extreme racism to Blacks from the white race. For example. Whites hate asians much less than they hate Blacks.

Excuses are not the same as reasons. If it was an excuse I would have laid down and not become a success anyway..

"Women and minorities are still socially and economically disadvantaged."

They are? And who's fault might that be?

A socially disadvantaged individual is a person subjected to ***racial or ethnic prejudice or cultural bias within American society*** because of his or her identity as a member of a group ***stemming from circumstances beyond her or his control***.

Some persons are presumed to be socially disadvantaged. For certification purposes, those persons are women and members of the following groups: Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Native American, Native Alaskan, Asian, Pacific Islander, or Native Hawaiian.

An economically disadvantaged individual is a person whose ability to compete in business has been impaired due to diminished capital and credit opportunities, as compared to others in the same or similar line of business who are not socially disadvantaged.

Socially and Economically Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Fact Sheet | Office of Minority and Women's Business Enterprises

I cant be white.

And I can't be black. Is there a point here?

No its not easier for Blacks to get jobs. Its easier for white women to get jobs.

Actually, no. Several of our customers switched from a white employee pool to a black employee pool. Blacks will work for less money even though they don't do as good of a job. The company saves money in the long run. Blacks can work for less money because their cost of living is lower in black areas.

You were white and applied for the job.

So. Nothing stopped blacks from applying or getting the job.

Because I didnt want to drive tractor trailers nor would I have known the first place to start if I did.

That's not the point. The point is that if you wanted to, you could have and your race wouldn't have been a factor.

My race had everything to do with it. A Black person showed me how to do it.

A white person couldn't? Nobody showed me. I just saved my money and bought the place.

Because white banks have stolen Black peoples money before. We have heard all the stories

And that's all they were too......stories. If a bank does anything illegal, there are avenues to pursue for compensation. Blacks didn't experience anything different than whites the last 30 years or more. The only people to screw blacks were the Democrat party. They changed the lending regulations to sucker blacks into buying homes they couldn't afford.

There are fewer people of color that have done better than whites and this specifically applies to Blacks due to extreme racism to Blacks from the white race. For example. Whites hate asians much less than they hate Blacks.

Why would that be? Skin color?

Excuses are not the same as reasons. If it was an excuse I would have laid down and not become a success anyway..

Many have, and you are sticking up for them. You are making excuses for them.

Look at it this way

My choices? Do you think I have a choice in where my property tax goes?
Tax code is written to reward those who have children

You choose to ignore those tax advantages

AA is very harmful and racist. It's harmful in that it takes away motivation and the struggle to succeed that everyone should go through in life to build character and integrity. Another liberal failure.

Forum List

Back