Affirmative Action Today?

AntiParty

Tea is the new Kool-Aid
Mar 12, 2014
Good, Bad, Ugly?

Discuss Affirmative Action Today.

Is it discrimination? Is it segregation? Is it anti-oppression?

I'll encourage all to use an educated stance on the topic and refrain from "trolling" or insulting short statements that have no substance. Note that the trolls will be openly labeled as trolls that have no Political education.

It is unconstitutional per the Supreme Court and violates the 14th amendment which guarantees equal protection under the law for all citzens.

Next Question?

It is unconstitutional per the Supreme Court and violates the 14th amendment which guarantees equal protection under the law for all citzens.

Next Question?

This guy(OP) believes in using government to disadvantage certain groups to advantage others. He is anti-constitutional!

You assume I believe in the AA because I posted this. Perhaps you should read more and type less kiddo.

I only stated a question so MORE people could learn what I know. Never attempt to jump to the conclusion that you know what I know. Thanks :badgrin:

This is my interpretation of you, "He asked a question about a topic! He is clearly an Obama loving anti-Christ anti-constitution Liberal Nazi that wasn't to eat your children like Mike Tyson!"

In reality, I believe I hold the same position as you on the topic but want to encourage debate on the topic to educate myself further to ensure I make the correct decisions based on all of the information and not just part of the information. I didn't want to say this so soon because I didn't want it to look like a bias thread but you jumped from A to BEYOND Z.

I'm curious why me bringing up the topic makes me bias on the topic. You support absolute ignorance in other posts because I won't align with your party. It seems the same thing is happening here. This seems to be a stance lately, either you are with me, or you are against me.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the private oligarchy wasn't still so unbelievably racist then Affirmative Action wouldn't be needed, but without Affirmative Action, private businesses will go back to hiring minorities at a less rate or for discriminatory wages.

That was why Affirmative Action was needed in the first place.

If the private oligarchy wasn't still so unbelievably racist then Affirmative Action wouldn't be needed, but without Affirmative Action, private businesses will go back to hiring minorities at a less rate or for discriminatory wages.

Of course, they wouldn't, because that's illegal with or without AA.

Of course, they wouldn't, because that's illegal with or without AA.
Yeah, except that it was done all the time so Affirmative Action was needed.

Good, Bad, Ugly?

I'll encourage all to use an educated stance on the topic and refrain from "trolling" or insulting short statements that have no substance. Note that the trolls will be openly labeled as trolls that have no Political education.

I find it entertaining you make posts and claim to be ultimate arbiture of what will be considered educated when you yourself hasn't earned that position.

However, to address your post. Yes affirmative action is discrimination. It gives people that have no business gaining a position in a school or a job that position for nothing more than being the correct race in order to fill a quota. A quota that doesn't enhance or advance the field they are put into as the only goal is to get certain numbers of races into those positions whether it is beneficial or not. And it puts people actually qualified for the job on the outside looking in.

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.-Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think we have arrived at this point. Let's let character and achievement rule the day. Fuck race.

Good, Bad, Ugly?

I find it entertaining you make posts and claim to be ultimate arbiture of what will be considered educated when you yourself hasn't earned that position.

However, to address your post. Yes affirmative action is discrimination. It gives people that have no business gaining a position in a school or a job that position for nothing more than being the correct race in order to fill a quota. A quota that doesn't enhance or advance the field they are put into as the only goal is to get certain numbers of races into those positions whether it is beneficial or not. And it puts people actually qualified for the job on the outside looking in.

I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.-Martin Luther King, Jr.

I think we have arrived at this point. Let's let character and achievement rule the day. Fuck race.
So says every racist who wants to get rid of Affirmative Action so that America can be discriminatory in hiring and education admissions.

Is that the same oligarchy that produced Allen West, Herman Cain, Ben Carson etc?

Or your oligarchy that made them enemies of the state that needed to be slapped down for stepping outside you definition of what affirmative action was for? You're all for affirmative action as long as it produces the minority you want. The others get labeled Uncle Tom's and are subject to your most vile of attacks.

Good, Bad, Ugly?

So says every racist who wants to get rid of Affirmative Action so that America can be discriminatory in hiring and education admissions.

Oh I see. So you still think minorities are just too fucking stupid to compete against white people and need some preference to keep up.

And you call me a racist?

Is that the same oligarchy that produced Allen West, Herman Cain, Ben Carson etc?

Or your oligarchy that made them enemies of the state that needed to be slapped down for stepping outside you definition of what affirmative action was for? You're all for affirmative action as long as it produces the minority you want. The others get labeled Uncle Tom's and are subject to your most vile of attacks.
You brought those people up and you called them Uncle Toms. I don't think that West, Cain or Carson are relevant enough to even discuss. They don't hold any power in the overwhelmingly white Republican Teabagger terrorist party, and as completely misinformed Conservatives, they certainly don't speak for Progressives. So ultimately they are irrelevant, especially when compared to the old white money class that actually runs the system.

Oh I see. So you still think minorities are just too fucking stupid to compete against white people and need some preference to keep up.

I didn't say anything about black people being stupid, racist. I said that racists still control the system and Affirmative Action is necessary because the old white money class is still unbelievably racist and they use right-wing corporate mass media to feed racism into racists' brains so that racists will vote to end Affirmative Action so that racists can go back to being racist.

You brought those people up and you called them Uncle Toms. I don't think that West, Cain or Carson are relevant enough to even discuss. They don't hold any power in the overwhelmingly white Republican Teabagger terrorist party, and as completely misinformed Conservatives, they certainly don't speak for Progressives. So ultimately they are irrelevant, especially when compared to the old white money class that actually runs the system.

Amazing. Those people just aren't your kind of minority so you dismiss them as irrelevant. Did it ever cross your little mind they don't speak for progressives because they don't agree with you idiots?

What you are posting is the most racist fucking thing I have ever seen.

Amazing. Those people just aren't your kind of minority so you dismiss them as irrelevant. Did it ever cross your little mind they don't speak for progressives because they don't agree with you idiots?

What you are posting is the most racist fucking thing I have ever seen.
It's only racist in your mind because you're a racist. Racists aren't difficult to understand.

I know that Allen West, Herman Cain and Ben Carson don't agree with Progress and that is why they are irrelevant. What kind of asshole disagrees with Progress? I call them sell-outs, but that doesn't mean Uncle Tom. You can read it that way if you want to be racist, but it simply means mindless corporate sell-out, like Kanye or Obama. They only want Progress for their own selfish circles but not for society in general.

I didn't say anything about black people being stupid, racist. I said that racists still control the system and Affirmative Action is necessary because the old white money class is still unbelievably racist and they use right-wing corporate mass media to feed racism into racists' brains so that racists will vote to end Affirmative Action so that racists can go back to being racist.

If this post makes any sense to you I would like an explanation as to why. Can you expand on this ginormous pile of stupid for me? Because that's the dumbest fucking thing I have ever had to read.

Okay, stupid racists. Let's get rid of Affirmative Action and then there will be a black man and a white man who are equally qualified for a job and the job will go to the white guy because the black guy is black. That's equality in your racist minds. However you try to spin it is as irrelevant as Herman Cain.

You say, "No, that won't happen because it's against the law." Well, laws don't stop people from breaking the laws. You tell yourselves that about gun laws all the time. What makes you think that racists won't be racist even if racism is against the law?

The system has been very racist for hundreds of years. Racism didn't end in 1864 or in 1964, or even in 2014. Until stupid racists stop being stupid racists then Affirmative Action will still be needed.

Forum List

Back