Afghanistan Veteran refused hair cut in California

There's actually a reason most barbers don't cut women's hair and hairdressers charge them more. Guys are not that picky, just whack some off here and there and wake me up when it's done.
But he is a guy.
No she isn't. Genital mutilation cannot change one gender to another.
The law says otherwise. And anyway it is a matter for the individual and not some stone age reactionaries.

There's actually a reason most barbers don't cut women's hair and hairdressers charge them more. Guys are not that picky, just whack some off here and there and wake me up when it's done.
But he is a guy.
The law says otherwise. And anyway it is a matter for the individual and not some stone age reactionaries.
Even the law is subject to the Constitution which enshrines the free practice of religion, not the right to a haircut. Public accommodation laws are unconstitutional and will fail when challenged in court.

But he is a guy.
Even the law is subject to the Constitution which enshrines the free practice of religion, not the right to a haircut. Public accommodation laws are unconstitutional and will fail when challenged in court.
I dont think that they will fail. Freedom of religion is not freedom to hate. I doubt that God is going to punish this chap for cutting a mans hair.
It strikes me that one of the biggest,and justified,criticisms of Islam is the way that women can be treated badly in some cultures. This doesnt seem to be a problem when its a Christian in California.

But he is a guy.
I dont think that they will fail. Freedom of religion is not freedom to hate. I doubt that God is going to punish this chap for cutting a mans hair.
It strikes me that one of the biggest,and justified,criticisms of Islam is the way that women can be treated badly in some cultures. This doesnt seem to be a problem when its a Christian in California.
I thought she wasn't a woman. You can't have it both ways.

But he is a guy.
What hate? Your retard dictionary doesn't apply to the rest of us. But freedom means they don't have to bow down and worship you as their master and can define their religion as they see fit.

But he is a guy.
I thought she wasn't a woman. You can't have it both ways.
They're so full of shit they can't keep track of it.

The barber stated they don't cut any women's hair. I guess they include pretend women as well
Is that stance legal ?

I dunno, but I would think if a barbershop catered to men and only men it would be. Actually the barber acknowledged and respected he wanted to be identified as a she. I'm not really seeing the issue here
Have you read the report ? He stated that he wanted to be viewed as male.

This thread has almost nothing to do with getting a haircut at a traditional bardershop.My mistake for thinking that it was.

But he is a guy.
What hate? Your retard dictionary doesn't apply to the rest of us. But freedom means they don't have to bow down and worship you as their master and can define their religion as they see fit.

OMG, you finally get it. And while you're at it, don't be thinking you can impose your beliefs on me by law.

OMG, you finally get it. And while you're at it, don't be thinking you can impose your beliefs on me by law.
Huh? WTF are you babbling about?

The barber made a mistake by saying he couldn't because of his religion.

What he should have done is just fucked up the haircut, said "oops, it's on the house" and sent it on its way.

Lets hope that they make an example of him and send out a message to all the other bigots out there.

Have you read the report ? He stated that he wanted to be viewed as male.

And yet that doesn't make him one, does it?
I suspect he has a better handle on his own sexuality than his barber. Or you and me.

Good for him/her/it. But just because he/she/it wants to pretend that he/she/it is really a man/woman/thing doesn't mean the rest of the world has to play along with the charade.

Got a penis? Get treated like a man.
Missing a penis? Get treated like a woman.
Got a penis, but want to be treated like a woman? Go be crazy somewhere else.
Missing a penis, but want to be treated like a man? Go be crazy somewhere else.

The barber has a very good position. He didn't refuse because she was transgendered. The barber doesn't cut the hair of any women.

Forum List

Back