African-American GIs of WWII: Fighting for democracy abroad and at home

There is no doubt the Black man suffered much and more

the further you go back in our history.....

I saw an old Black Gentleman on tv the other day that was a

pilot and when he came home from the war and tried to get

a job with one of the airlines he was told they didn’t hire Black people.

Instead of giving up he went on with plan B and became very successful.

America is guilty of some terrible horrible wrongs...

But the fact is no Country on Earth has done more to right it’s wrongs than America.

You can’t name a place on the face of the Earth where anyone of any race or creed

has a better chance to succeed than the good ole USA....

None of us are responsible for the sins of our fathers....

We can’t change the past, all we have is the future.

upload_2019-6-9_7-46-54.jpeg

Until the 21st century, the contributions of African-American soldiers in World War II barely registered in America’s collective memory of that war.

The “tan soldiers,” as the black press affectionately called them, were also for the most part left out of the triumphant narrative of America’s “Greatest Generation.” In order to tell their story of helping defeat Nazi Germany in my 2010 book, “Breath of Freedom,” I had to conduct research in more than 40 different archives in the U.S. and Germany.

At a time when we are celebrating the 75th Anniversary of D Day, we can not forgot that many of America's black soldiers who served in that event and WWII as a whole are being left out of those celebrations.

Think of how they must have felt when they were
There is no doubt the Black man suffered much and more

the further you go back in our history.....

I saw an old Black Gentleman on tv the other day that was a

pilot and when he came home from the war and tried to get

a job with one of the airlines he was told they didn’t hire Black people.

Instead of giving up he went on with plan B and became very successful.

America is guilty of some terrible horrible wrongs...

But the fact is no Country on Earth has done more to right it’s wrongs than America.

You can’t name a place on the face of the Earth where anyone of any race or creed

has a better chance to succeed than the good ole USA....

None of us are responsible for the sins of our fathers....

We can’t change the past, all we have is the future.

fighting for someone else's liberation and freedom while they were being denied those precious gifts at home.[/QUOTE

I do not think American Negroes should have been forced to participate in combat units and very few were if any...the great majority served in non-combat roles such as cooks and truck drivers....which was approriate due to their place in society.

708 Negroes were killed in WWII.

During World War II, 1.2 million African Americans served in the U.S. Armed Forces and 708 were killed in action.

Now compare that to.......white soldiers who suffered over 400 thousand deaths.

That is the reality they will not tell you....whilst they play their political game.

At the beginning of the Korean war the Army was still segregated.....and the black units in Korea did not fight well to say the least....so it was decided at the highest level to integrate the Armed Forces and thus eliminate all those black units that had the reputation of bugging out when the action got heavy.

In late September 1950, two months after the beginning of the Korean War, the commander of the 25th Infantry Division, Major General William B. Kean, requested that the Eighth Army disband the all-black 24th Infantry regiment because it had demonstrated that it was "untrustworthy and incapable of carrying out missions expected of an infantry regiment."

The decision to integrate was made in the hope that black soldiers would fight better under white leadership and for the most part it was found to be true.

Talk to any soldier who saw much combat in Korea and it will quickly become apparant that they had little respect for the black soldiers. I remember one telling me about a incident in Korea....some black truck drivers were ordered to deliver some much needed ammunition to the front line as the Chinese were making a big attack....the black truck drivers refused to do it...as in they considered that a dangerous thing to do....anyhow when the front line troops who had suffered lots of casualties that could have been prevented if they had received the ammunition supply, heard about what happened they sent a squad back behind the lines to eliminate the problem...they wasted the black truck drivers.

Then the vietname situation...which is something else that is covered up.

And in more recent times.....when the National Guard began getting called up and many of the blacks in the guard were very upset....I remember one saying...'I did not join the national guard to go to war.'

Last edited:
Until the 21st century, the contributions of African-American soldiers in World War II barely registered in America’s collective memory of that war.

The “tan soldiers,” as the black press affectionately called them, were also for the most part left out of the triumphant narrative of America’s “Greatest Generation.” In order to tell their story of helping defeat Nazi Germany in my 2010 book, “Breath of Freedom,” I had to conduct research in more than 40 different archives in the U.S. and Germany.

At a time when we are celebrating the 75th Anniversary of D Day, we can not forgot that many of America's black soldiers who served in that event and WWII as a whole are being left out of those celebrations.

Think of how they must have felt when they were fighting for someone else's liberation and freedom while they were being denied those precious gifts at home.
Patriots have always come in all colors shapes and sizes.

Bring me my Bow of burning gold: Bring me my Arrows of desire: Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold: Bring me my Chariot of fire!
And did those feet in ancient time
Walk upon Englands mountains green:
And was the holy Lamb of God,
On Englands pleasant pastures seen!

And did the Countenance Divine,
Shine forth upon our clouded hills?
And was Jerusalem builded here,
Among these dark Satanic Mills?

Bring me my Bow of burning gold:
Bring me my arrows of desire:
Bring me my Spear: O clouds unfold!
Bring me my Chariot of fire!

I will not cease from Mental Fight,
Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand:
Till we have built Jerusalem,
In Englands green & pleasant Land.

William Blake...

But better listened to:

The worst part was when they came home
Officers and NCOs used to responsibility. War heroes who risked everything for their country

They expected to be welcomed home with respect for their service. Instead, they were ordered to the back of the bus

Led to the Civil Rights movement of the 50s and 60s
It's no coincidence that the Democrats and their leftist allies were the ones that put Black Patriot Veterans in the back of the bus after WWII, spit on both White and Black Patriot Veterans after the Vietnam war, and supported terrorists after Black and White Patriot Veterans of the Gulf War bled and died to defeat terrorists.

Hey Dip Shit...

Did the black panthers not support obozo?

But then again obozo was a bonified RACIST.....

Tell me what do you think of obozo going to a RACIST CHURCH for 20 YEARS....

What would you say about Trump if he went to a racist church for 5 minutes?

We all know you Tards are FULL of SHIT...
Who have the Black Panthers lynched ?

The worst part was when they came home
Officers and NCOs used to responsibility. War heroes who risked everything for their country

They expected to be welcomed home with respect for their service. Instead, they were ordered to the back of the bus

Led to the Civil Rights movement of the 50s and 60s
It's no coincidence that the Democrats and their leftist allies were the ones that put Black Patriot Veterans in the back of the bus after WWII, spit on both White and Black Patriot Veterans after the Vietnam war, and supported terrorists after Black and White Patriot Veterans of the Gulf War bled and died to defeat terrorists.
That’s odd

There were millions of Democrats in the north who never suggested blacks should ride in the back of the bus

Bottom Line: We have huge,huge racial problems and our racial problems are not getting better they are getting worse...much worse and this reality was exacerbated by the actions of the Obama administration....tragic.

One of the biggest mistakes this nation has ever made.

Bottom Line: We have huge,huge racial problems and our racial problems are not getting better they are getting worse...much worse and this reality was exacerbated by the actions of the Obama administration....tragic.

One of the biggest mistakes this nation has ever made.

Agree...the election of the Great Obama brought the racists out of the woodwork

We thought we had moved past those days, but obviously, we were wrong

That’s odd

There were millions of Democrats in the north who never suggested blacks should ride in the back of the bus
And there were a lot of Republicans in the south that also opposed putting Blacks in the back of the bus, spitting on Veterans, and shipping a plane load of cash to support Terrorism in Iran.

I guess the Democrats in the North didn't opposed the Democrats in the South too much, or they wouldn't have made Robert Sheets Byrd, D-KKK, their Majority Leader and later Speaker Pro-Tempore.

Agree...the election of the Great Obama brought the racists out of the woodwork

We thought we had moved past those days, but obviously, we were wrong
Nobody with a double digit IQ thought we were past racism.

Racism is just one of dozens of bigotries.

Haters gonna hate. Racism is as good a method as the next.

Those black soldiers made the sacrifice so that Kap could use his right as an American to protest.
Indeed, but Kap is still a douchebag for doing it.
kap hes a loser ,a failure, and a cop out
the oppressed millionaire ball player of the national felon league :21:

View attachment 264279
big nike contract for the useful idiot masses
worse than the leftwing activist fags
View attachment 264278
Kap fought for what he believed in

Cost him his career
Rightly so. Shitting on our country isnt a smart business move.

How did he shit on his country?

You stupid fuck, he shat on all the black American soldiers' sacrifices you were talking about in the OP. If you can't see that, you're a fucking retard. We sang The National Anthem in church on Sunday, how ya like that, hmm? Are you proud to be an American, or are you a piece of shit, which is it?

1hitlereasteregg.png

Hey Dip Shit...

Did the black panthers not support obozo?

But then again obozo was a bonified RACIST.....

Tell me what do you think of obozo going to a RACIST CHURCH for 20 YEARS....

What would you say about Trump if he went to a racist church for 5 minutes?

We all know you Tards are FULL of SHIT...
Who have the Black Panthers lynched ?

They use guns and knives Stupid....

Dead is Dead....

What about obozo going to a RACIST CHURCH for 20 years....

Are you afraid to address that?

We know the answer...

Think of how they must have felt when they were fighting for someone else's liberation and freedom while they were being denied those precious gifts at home.

yep ! the democrats have a long history of mistreating blacks !

Why lie? Unless your head is so far up your ass you know that the Democratic Party, beginning with Truman/s integration with our military, followed by LBJ's Civil Rights Act, Affirmative Action and recent effort to provide gay and lesbian citizens the right to marry (but not to have their wedding cake made, or their flag posted in US Embassy's - all the result of the new attacks on blacks, gays and women, gay and straight, Muslims, Mexican and Central Americans by the Republican Party).

dems supported slavery ! dems enforced jim crow ! and the majority of dems in congress were against the civil rights act !

Whatever, go away and keep pretending.
/——/ You need to embrace democRATs racist heritage.

I do condemn the Southern Democrats who established Jim Crow laws, the same human excrement which hates minority populations today, though for the past 60 years have voted for the Republican Party. David Duke ring a bell?

David Duke - Wikipedia

In re Strom Thurman, a Southern Democrat:

In opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1957, he conducted the longest speaking filibuster ever by a lone senator, at 24 hours and 18 minutes in length.[5] In the 1960s, he opposed the civil rights legislation of 1964 and 1965 to end segregation and enforce the constitutional rights of African-American citizens, including basic suffrage. Despite being a pro-segregation Dixiecrat, he insisted he was not a racist, but was opposed to excessive federal authority, which he attributed to Communist agitators.[6]

Strom Thurmond - Wikipedia

STOP with the big lies and revision of history. Doing so creates an image that those who continue the BIG LIES are either stupid, damn liars or agent provocateurs seeking to destroy America.

That’s odd

And there were a lot of Republicans in the south that also opposed putting Blacks in the back of the bus, spitting on Veterans, and shipping a plane load of cash to support Terrorism in Iran.

I guess the Democrats in the North didn't opposed the Democrats in the South too much, or they wouldn't have made Robert Sheets Byrd, D-KKK, their Majority Leader and later Speaker Pro-Tempore.
No there weren’t.

Contrary to RW revisionist history, there were Republicans in the south during Jim Crow
None of them supported Civil Rights

That’s odd

No there weren’t.

Contrary to RW revisionist history, there were Republicans in the south during Jim Crow
/——/ Link

That’s odd

No there weren’t.

/——/ Link
Were Republicans really the party of civil rights in the 1960s? | Harry J Enten

/——/ Thank DemocRAT Woodrow Wilson for segregating the military.
/----/ Hey Rightwinger, read this about your hero W Wilson: Progressive Segregation
Wilson was a bigot from Georgia

But 1916 America was bigoted
and blacks were and are bigoted/racist/etc also
please try to tell us they are not human

………...so if black folks treated you in the manner that we have been treated would you have some hate for the oppressor?
.....ALL races/groups/etc hate, are bigoted,etc
doesn't matter how/when/why /IF/whites treated blacks
blacks hate at twice the rate of whites
they murder at four times the rate--and they murder mostly blacks!!
the BLACK Hutus massacred the BLACK Tutsis --HATE/'''RACISM'''/tribalism/
BIGOTED!!!

big·ot·ed
/ˈbiɡədəd/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
  1. having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others.
etc

More horseshit.

Forum List

Back