After Minimum Wage Hike, UC Berkeley Cuts 500 Staff...OH, THE AGONY!!!!

Every time the minimum wage has been raised, the economy has crashed and unemployment has skyrocketed.

You'd think they would learn by now.

The higher ups, the elite white men, the leaders of the school, will be sitting on dirty toilets and eating with dirty silverware, pulling the weeds in the flower beds...
In reality, our state hasn't enacted higher minimum wage laws and they cut jobs by the score every year. It's probably not related to the higher minimum wage. At least, I didn't see where your article said anything about it.

The higher ups will not suffer one bit. Everyone else will. That's how collectivism works.
That's how libertarianism, the flip side of communism, works.

Breitbart ^ | April 13,2016 | ADELLE NAZARIAN
In the past, left-wing student activists at UC Berkeley have joined unions in pushing for higher wages, including a “living wage,” for campus staff. Campus minimum wages have lagged behind local minimum wages because the university, as a public state institution, is exempt from local minimums. On Monday, University of California Berkeley chancellor Nicholas Dirks announced that the educational institution will be eliminating 500 jobs over the course of two years, which will wind up saving an estimated $50 million. “My concern and the public’s concern is that UC Berkeley is going to start cutting the people it can ill...
California's budget surplus soars to new heights; schools to benefit

N1Gnpp6.jpg

Berkley, like Verizon, like all these money hungry fucks, always want to cry foul when a mf's wants a fair break from these bastards. I lived in Ca. for almost 7 years in my Navy days....and back then the cost of living was outrages.....nobody in Ca. can live with wages at the federal level, nobody.

Then GET THE FUCK OUT OF CALIFORNIA if you can't afford it...Common sense is sadly lacking with many Americans!

Oh, just as an aside.....

• US industrial production fell 0.6% in March vs. 0.1% drop expected
    CNBC.com ^ | 4/15/2016 | Reuters
    U.S. industrial production fell more than expected in March as output declined broadly, the latest indication that economic growth braked sharply in the first quarter. Industrial output decreased 0.6 percent last month after a downwardly revised 0.6 percent drop in February, the Federal Reserve said on Friday. Industrial production has declined in six of the last seven months. Economists polled by Reuters had forecast industrial production slipping 0.1 percent last month after a previously reported 0.5 percent drop in February. Industrial production fell at an annual rate of 2.2 percent in the first quarter. The report joined data on retail...

You want a pay raise? Go to school, learn a trade, get a better job.

But arbitrarily telling a business they have to pay a worker worth minimum wage twice what they are worth isn't the answer. It's the problem.

I want to sell my motorcycle. It's worth about 2200 dollars. Can I get the gov't to mandate someone pay me 4400 for it?

Last edited:
Okay fakey jakey it's Obama's economy that lost those jobs. Happy?
Do us a job comparison gained and lost using two examples: 2001 to 2009, 2009 to 2016 at this point.
Compare welfare rolls.
Don't switch from jobs, bed wetter. Tell us those numbers then we will talk about welfare.
Welfare rolls tell how the economy really is. Not the way the Obama administration has twisted the numbers to make him look better.

Yea, numbers don't add up. Obama is claiming record job growth yet ignores record food stamp participation.

So either he's lying or these "jobs" are crappy minimum wage jobs.

Do us a job comparison gained and lost using two examples: 2001 to 2009, 2009 to 2016 at this point.
Compare welfare rolls.
Don't switch from jobs, bed wetter. Tell us those numbers then we will talk about welfare.
Welfare rolls tell how the economy really is. Not the way the Obama administration has twisted the numbers to make him look better.
So we have another deflection and another opinion without evidence. You are chasing

dogtail-gif.71497

Last edited:
Compare welfare rolls.
So we have another deflection and another opinion without evidence.
dogtail.gif

look poser
you don't know me, so take time to get to learn the posters before you start lying about them to them, I'm not that nice of a person.

Calm down Dexter, don't hurt nobody, they're to many witnesses. Don't make me Feelthebern!

You have such a nice way of representing Bernie as a spokesperson supporter and defending him honorably to win votes. You surely know how to make people Feel the bern! Ouch!

dexter2.gif

Last edited:
But if minimum wage is $15 per hour, scads of people will no longer be eligible for welfare. The embarrassment has been people working full-time at McDonalds and WalMart who are still eligible for food stamps, etc. because they are making below the federal poverty standards. That's what started all this. A lot of people getting up and going to work everyday, working full time, who are living in poverty.

Then they should get some real adult skills and stop doing teenage minimum wage McDonald assembly line type work that a expendable grammar school kid can do for less and replace their grown no professional growth lacking ass.

…Get skills in demand and choose companies with top salary options, or become a self reliant entrepreneur to build your own income. Excuses are like assholes, everybody has one.

Excuse-lets-hear-yours-again.jpg

Oregon state schools had to raise Tuition and cut staff as well from the state minimum wage increases.

Oregon's minimum wages are kind of weird.

$14.75 inside Portland's urban growth boundary, $13.50 in midsize counties and $12.50 in rural areas by 2022.
OSU and Uof O are going to see increases to 13.50. PSU goes to 13.50. Southern Oregon goes to 12.50.

PSU is trying to get a tax statewide to pay for it. Not going to go anywhere

The OP is an opinion without evidence. Vigi and Bucs and TwoThumbs add nothing to the discussion except stupidity.

I am not impressed with TwoThumbs' understanding of how discussion works. He is so very ignorant. He yells and smells, but his anger means nothing.

I don't have to rebut an OP that is only an opinion is the point, although I did ask for something clarification if the U had been planning on laying people off.
from the link you didn't read

On Monday, University of California Berkeley chancellor Nicholas Dirks announced that the educational institution will be eliminating 500 jobs over the course of two years, which will wind up saving an estimated $50 million.
“My concern and the public’s concern is that UC Berkeley is going to start cutting the people it can ill afford to lose — the people who clean buildings, who work in food services or health clinics,” Todd Stenhouse, spokesman for the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, which represents workers at Berkeley, told the San Francisco Chronicle.

Berkeley employs about 8,500 staffers, from custodians to administrators, the Chroniclenotes. Faculty members will not be affected by the employment reductions, which will take place through attrition.

Departments on campus were reportedly also told to reduce their budgets by 10 percent in whatever way they wish.

In the past, left-wing student activists at UC Berkeley have joined unions in pushing for higher wages, including a “living wage,” for campus staff. Campus minimum wages have lagged behind local minimum wages because the university, as a public state institution, isexempt from local minimums.

now please prove your assertion.

so the higher ups, the elite white men, the leaders of the school, won't lose a penny, but the poor will lose their jobs.

as we told them would happen.

And consumers who already made $15 an hour will see the value of their wages bottom out when the cost of goods and services sky rocket.

Yet another glaring example of how regressive libturd policies are DESIGNED to harm the people of this country.

I have a co-worker that swears we will get an equivalent raise.

I asked him to look up and tell me when that ever happened before. Been 2 months and he still won't look at me.

so the higher ups, the elite white men, the leaders of the school, won't lose a penny, but the poor will lose their jobs.

as we told them would happen.
The higher ups, the elite white men, the leaders of the school, will be sitting on dirty toilets and eating with dirty silverware, pulling the weeds in the flower beds...
In reality, our state hasn't enacted higher minimum wage laws and they cut jobs by the score every year. It's probably not related to the higher minimum wage. At least, I didn't see where your article said anything about it.
It's basic math.

obviously a leftist that pushes for this idiocy won't cite it as the reason, they will never actually say why.

Breitbart ^ | April 13,2016 | ADELLE NAZARIAN
In the past, left-wing student activists at UC Berkeley have joined unions in pushing for higher wages, including a “living wage,” for campus staff. Campus minimum wages have lagged behind local minimum wages because the university, as a public state institution, is exempt from local minimums. On Monday, University of California Berkeley chancellor Nicholas Dirks announced that the educational institution will be eliminating 500 jobs over the course of two years, which will wind up saving an estimated $50 million. “My concern and the public’s concern is that UC Berkeley is going to start cutting the people it can ill...

N1Gnpp6.jpg

The stupidity of these clowns amazes me. Hell, go ahead and make sure that the wetbacks that work at McDonalds get their $15 per hour. McDonalds (like every other fast food concern) will go full automated and get rid of their worthless asses. Jerk In The Box is perfecting a fully automated system as we speak - will need only 2 employees in a 24 hour period.

Forum List

Back