After Reform Passes.More Jobs Than People Looking.How Will Liberal Leaders React?

:2up: Between Schumer, Bernie and a few others that warn of doom and gloom if we all get a tax break, what happens if 2018 turns out like 2005? where millions of employers are begging for help? And who doesn't remember the good old days of Bush where for most of his 8 year term, we could pretty much find work where ever we wanted.
I check craigslist frequently here in Naples,,also watching the Sarasota help wanted section. You wanna see what happens when we have lower taxes? I am in hospitality, more towards catering, but today I saw so many ads begging for help. Odds are its also in the service sector/health/retail etc. etc.
:dance:
We just have to wait till about March/April once the snow/cold weather goes away, and then we just might be seeing 350,000-450,000 new jobs a month.
Yah, then we will just wait and see our liberal leaders explain that the economy is tanking and we are doomed !

At least from my experience, we have had more jobs than people for quite some time now. The problem is (and was with DumBama) our government is competing with private industry for those people. If social programs pay near what an employer does, people opt to go on the dole. Why work when the government will pay you not to?

Grocery stores here are paying $9.00-$10.00 an hour to start and cant find workers to fill the spots. You cant find a job for minimum wage anymore nobody will do it.

:2up: Between Schumer, Bernie and a few others that warn of doom and gloom if we all get a tax break, what happens if 2018 turns out like 2005? where millions of employers are begging for help? And who doesn't remember the good old days of Bush where for most of his 8 year term, we could pretty much find work where ever we wanted.
I check craigslist frequently here in Naples,,also watching the Sarasota help wanted section. You wanna see what happens when we have lower taxes? I am in hospitality, more towards catering, but today I saw so many ads begging for help. Odds are its also in the service sector/health/retail etc. etc.
We just have to wait till about March/April once the snow/cold weather goes away, and then we just might be seeing 350,000-450,000 new jobs a month.
Yah, then we will just wait and see our liberal leaders explain that the economy is tanking and we are doomed !

At least from my experience, we have had more jobs than people for quite some time now. The problem is (and was with DumBama) our government is competing with private industry for those people. If social programs pay near what an employer does, people opt to go on the dole. Why work when the government will pay you not to?
right,,in the deep red/some purple states, its easy to find work,,i am actually sick of naples, but Sarasota is really booming,,i used to live there...i hope to be back there working on a beach resort come april...but need to wipe out debt here first

I spend my day in industrial areas. They are all littered with HELP WANTED signs. Our customers ask us if we know anybody looking for a job? Some of them didn't pay too badly for non-skilled work either.

The two problems we have are social programs and drugs. People won't get off of dope to get a job since many employers do drug testing, and then they either live with mom and dad or go on social programs instead of working.

The reason we didn't have these problems years ago is because social programs didn't pay squat, and many parents would not allow their adult children to live with them unless they were in college. If you were partying too much to work, they kicked you out of the house.

Grocery stores here are paying $9.00-$10.00 an hour to start and cant find workers to fill the spots. You cant find a job for minimum wage anymore nobody will do it.
can u imagine if it gets to the point where fast food places get desperate and hire anything that walks in? you sure u wanna eat that whopper?

right,,in the deep red/some purple states, its easy to find work,,i am actually sick of naples, but Sarasota is really booming,,i used to live there...i hope to be back there working on a beach resort come april...but need to wipe out debt here first

I spend my day in industrial areas. They are all littered with HELP WANTED signs. Our customers ask us if we know anybody looking for a job? Some of them didn't pay too badly for non-skilled work either.

The two problems we have are social programs and drugs. People won't get off of dope to get a job since many employers do drug testing, and then they either live with mom and dad or go on social programs instead of working.

The reason we didn't have these problems years ago is because social programs didn't pay squat, and many parents would not allow their adult children to live with them unless they were in college. If you were partying too much to work, they kicked you out of the house.
yes,,thats the problem, too many lazy people out there! Trump needs to cut back there monthly checks to 400 a month! then lets see if they go look for work

It's the same for better paying jobs as well. In my industry, we need over 30,000 drivers we can't find. It's to the point where employers are bringing in foreigners to do the work because they can't find Americans to do the job.

My father is a retired bricklayer. He's been retired for over 20 years now, but his union sends their retirees news letters all the time to keep them in touch with their industry. During the end of the recession, they were asking their retirees to help them find people to enter the construction field because they couldn't find any.

Mind you bricklaying is very hard work, but it's also very well paying work. My father made a hell of a career out of it and his retirement from the union is invaluable.

can u imagine if it gets to the point where fast food places get desperate and hire anything that walks in? you sure u wanna eat that whopper?

Already happening where I live....KFC is bringing in workers from a halfway house to "reform" them. The drive thru girl was covered in tattoos and you could see where she slashed her wrists. McDonalds has more mentally slow workers I took notice the last few months..I think skills is sending them in.

It's that way now. Try to find a fast food place around here that doesn't have help wanted signs all over the place. They will hire anybody that walks through the door.

It's the same for better paying jobs as well. In my industry, we need over 30,000 drivers we can't find. It's to the point where employers are bringing in foreigners to do the work because they can't find Americans to do the job.

My father is a retired bricklayer. He's been retired for over 20 years now, but his union sends their retirees news letters all the time to keep them in touch with their industry. During the end of the recession, they were asking their retirees to help them find people to enter the construction field because they couldn't find any.

Mind you bricklaying is very hard work, but it's also very well paying work. My father made a hell of a career out of it and his retirement from the union is invaluable.
same scenario here, all/most floridians drive by sights with those "Coming Soon" signs with a picture of what is going to be built on the lot. I have been for at least a year on one particular lot in Naples, i looked up the original stories for this complex...guess it was posted in 2015? it said projected completion,,,,December 2017 !!!,,,,wanna guess what that 5 or so acre lot looks like now?

It's that way now. Try to find a fast food place around here that doesn't have help wanted signs all over the place. They will hire anybody that walks through the door.
god i hope no one is sneezing and taking a bite out of my pattie! worse case scenario, i am eating a fried mouse burger :laugh2:

same scenario here, all/most floridians drive by sights with those "Coming Soon" signs with a picture of what is going to be built on the lot. I have been for at least a year on one particular lot in Naples, i looked up the original stories for this complex...guess it was posted in 2015? it said projected completion,,,,December 2017 !!!,,,,wanna guess what that 5 or so acre lot looks like now?
even the huge Westin in Sarasota was at least a year behind schedule,,,its in a prime location,,,,next time I drive up there, i got to see it!

the thing about especially sarasota and naples, there is no more room to build, so what they do is buy out a street/neighborhood,,,and knock it all out for a condo/condo complex....i do notice that in Sarasota, they really push to finish all of those projects,,,,,Naples? forget it,,,3 year wait by now

Sorry to piss on the partisan shit-fest - but Politicians and Presidents don't create jobs.

They also do not have anything to do with the performance of the stock market (which is controlled by mood and emotion not earnings or any other "fundamental" measurement).

Trump has actual created real jobs, in the private sector. Not as POTUS.

When social mood turns negative, the stock market will fall along with Trump or any other Presidents approval ratings.

You may return to your previously scheduled rantings.....

the thing about especially sarasota and naples, there is no more room to build, so what they do is buy out a street/neighborhood,,,and knock it all out for a condo/condo complex....i do notice that in Sarasota, they really push to finish all of those projects,,,,,Naples? forget it,,,3 year wait by now

The new trend especially with millennials is maintenance free living. Home ownership is something a lot of people don't want to get involved in anymore. In fact I have read articles on millennials that do work who rent their apartment, rent their furniture, rent their appliances, lease their car, and just about have nothing they need to worry about maintaining or replacing.

This is great for us landlords. I've never experienced anything like I have the past five years. If I post an ad on Craigslist for an available apartment, I have over a dozen replies in less than 24 hours.

on Marco Island, where they ran out of beach front ages ago, the marriott there bought the huge radisson a few blocks away,,,of course, they had it Removed!!!!

Sorry to piss on the partisan shit-fest - but Politicians and Presidents don't create jobs.

They also do not have anything to do with the performance of the stock market (which is controlled by mood and emotion not earnings or any other "fundamental" measurement).

Trump has actual created real jobs, in the private sector. Not as POTUS.

When social mood turns negative, the stock market will fall along with Trump or any other Presidents approval ratings.

You may return to your previously scheduled rantings.....

Correct. Government doesn't create jobs, the private market does. However, government is involved with making that job creation more or less inviting. DumBama was the most anti-business President of our time. He did everything he could to discourage business from investments and security.

The new trend especially with millennials is maintenance free living. Home ownership is something a lot of people don't want to get involved in anymore. In fact I have read articles on millennials that do work who rent their apartment, rent their furniture, rent their appliances, lease their car, and just about have nothing they need to worry about maintaining or replacing.

This is great for us landlords. I've never experienced anything like I have the past five years. If I post an ad on Craigslist for an available apartment, I have over a dozen replies in less than 24 hours.
same here, i have never owned a home, and thank god i havent. what a pain it is to keep it up. my unit here has a garage, and thats always been a pain to keep clean/organized. too much time involved. I just want to be able to park in front of my unit, and walk right in{unless its on the second floor},,,i have my area picked out in Sarasota, always units for sale between 90-120ish. right in the middle, yet about 4/5 miles from the bay

on Marco Island, where they ran out of beach front ages ago, the marriott there bought the huge radisson a few blocks away,,,of course, they had it Removed!!!!

"Buy land. God ain't making any more of it."
Will Rogers

Will Rogers
hes long gone now, but i knew someone that bought lots on Marco Island when they were 3000.00 each as they were in the early days of the late 60s,,maybe early 70's? can u imagine what he sold them for heading into the 80's?

Will Rogers
when i lived in Sarasota around 2001/2002, i often saw this home in between two small condos. my guy told me that the owner was just gonna sit on it until he got his 10 to 20 Million for the land :laugh:

same here, i have never owned a home, and thank god i havent. what a pain it is to keep it up. my unit here has a garage, and thats always been a pain to keep clean/organized. too much time involved. I just want to be able to park in front of my unit, and walk right in{unless its on the second floor},,,i have my area picked out in Sarasota, always units for sale between 90-120ish. right in the middle, yet about 4/5 miles from the bay

This has been the trend since the housing crash. People who thought home ownership was the American dream found out it was a lot more work than dream. However this caused a lot of price increases in rental and condo living. It's a supply and demand thing.

The last two tenants I gave apartments to were so happy to find this place. They told me of horror stories about other apartments they went to look at that were half the size of mine, few amenities, and charged over $100.00 a month or more than I was charging. Plus they had yearly contracts with automatic rent increases.

On the other side, I often envy my tenants. They just come home from work and relax. If anything goes wrong, it's my problem and not theirs. I have to wake up 4:00 am when it's snowing outside to clear the drive and parking lot. I have to get the grass mowed in the summer time after work and during the weekends.

Forum List

Back