After the crisis has passed and normalcy is restored, let's kick Texas out of the USA

Bidens poor ass response shows Texans why they should secede. Biden proved the federal fucking gov't isn't worth snot. It took Biden a fucking WEEK to declare an emergency in Texas. Meanwhile they're fucking pulling dead bodies out of fucking homes.

If people recall, a lot of elected representatives from Texas balked at paying for natural disasters in CA (wildfires) and NY (Hurricane Sandy in 2012). While the disasters were predictable (in a historical sense, only), they certainly were not preventable. However, the Texas debacle of frozen power grids, an independent power grid unable to tap power from surrounding states, a virtual statewide loss of power, frozen and burst water pipes, a lack of drinking water and food, were all preventable if those conservative cheapskate Texas officials had actually planned ahead and spent the necessary money over time to weatherize their infrastructure. But no! They don't like gov't, and they don't like to plan ahead. However, what they DO want is for the rest of the US to bail them out. I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of them.

Now, unlike Ted Cruz, I care about human suffering (aside from himself and his family only). So, here's what I propose. Let's help Texas and Texans get back on their feet. Afterward, considering that they've been talking about seceding anyway, let's just give them the heave ho. As Fleetwood Mack once intoned, let them go their own way (and pay their own way).

Here's a helpful hint, Texas... You better start planning ahead! I know what I'm talking about because I live in a well-run Democratic state, and most of the people here are grateful to have competent governance that foresees problems before they arise and tackles them before they become crises on our doorsteps.
If we let them secede they'd be dying of starvation in a couple of years, then we've got the texas refugee crisis and mexico will start complaining about the smell...

Better just to hold on to them and try to straighten this shit out.

Good grief
You've got the grief part right. There sure is one hell of a lot of it. I can't even imagine what Texans are going through trying to keep their kids warm only to later worry about having drinking water and no readily apparent place to find it. And even as all of this is going on, they have to worry about their aging parents who live alone. As much as I hate to say it, I suspect that a lot of older Texans will later be found dead in their homes.

Hey dumbass, it's 72 degrees here today.

Bidens poor ass response shows Texans why they should secede. Biden proved the federal fucking gov't isn't worth snot. It took Biden a fucking WEEK to declare an emergency in Texas. Meanwhile they're fucking pulling dead bodies out of fucking homes.
This was on Sunday the 14th

If people recall, a lot of elected representatives from Texas balked at paying for natural disasters in CA (wildfires) and NY (Hurricane Sandy in 2012). While the disasters were predictable (in a historical sense, only), they certainly were not preventable. However, the Texas debacle of frozen power grids, an independent power grid unable to tap power from surrounding states, a virtual statewide loss of power, frozen and burst water pipes, a lack of drinking water and food, were all preventable if those conservative cheapskate Texas officials had actually planned ahead and spent the necessary money over time to weatherize their infrastructure. But no! They don't like gov't, and they don't like to plan ahead. However, what they DO want is for the rest of the US to bail them out. I'm sick of it, and I'm sick of them.

Now, unlike Ted Cruz, I care about human suffering (aside from himself and his family only). So, here's what I propose. Let's help Texas and Texans get back on their feet. Afterward, considering that they've been talking about seceding anyway, let's just give them the heave ho. As Fleetwood Mack once intoned, let them go their own way (and pay their own way).

Here's a helpful hint, Texas... You better start planning ahead! I know what I'm talking about because I live in a well-run Democratic state, and most of the people here are grateful to have competent governance that foresees problems before they arise and tackles them before they become crises on our doorsteps.

"well run Democratic state" is any oxymoron.

Not at all.

The historic flood plain in Denver is not built up due to zoning restrictions in order to prevent loss from major floods.

Denver has a very good mass transit system.. City planning has created a vibrant economy without the kind of mess and chaos known in cities like Houston which don't engage in any planning whatsoever.

Twenty-five years ago, the greater Denver area started a light rail (and commuter rail) system which has expanded and reduced much of the traffic snarl known in other cities. To that end, our Union Station downtown was restored and refurbished which brought in restaurants and shops. The streets are plowed in the winter, and the streets are expanded when the traffic is warranted. In fact, there's an exit from I-70 not far from where I live that has recently been enhanced to 2 right turn lanes due to need. Another traffic light was removed to keep from impeding the flow of traffic.

Coors Field and the Pepsi Center have brought businesses and foot traffic to an aging lower downtown area where old warehouses were converted to lofts instead of being torn down. It's a great city, and I feel fortunate to live here. There are also several very fine library systems in the area where you can request books, music, DVDs, and CDs, and WiFi hotspots both on-line and over the phone that will be delivered to the branch of your choice, and you will receive an E-mail or phone notification when they're ready. I feel lucky. But it's mostly due to good representation and excellent planning. After all, this didn't happen by accident,

You were once a great man. I'm sure you can come back.
Don't worry about me. I've already come to terms with the leftists' destruction of my country...but hopefully we can salvage enough of the spirit of America to rescue it.

The only question is whether we do it with or without you.

My vote is without. I believe our ideologies are 100% incomparable.

Can't live with ya, can't kill ya.

Seperation is the only alternative.

Don't worry about me. I've already come to terms with the leftists' destruction of my country...but hopefully we can salvage enough of the spirit of America to rescue it.

Leftists destruction? Did you miss the whole trump thing? Huge deficits, giant bailouts, riots, recession, mexico didn't pay for a wall, tariffs that hurt manufacturing, economy never even hit 3% growth, most pandemic deaths... What exactly is it you think you want? You are in a sad state when you don't want to be part of the greatest country in the history of the world.

Leftists destruction? Did you miss the whole trump thing? Huge deficits, giant bailouts, riots, recession, mexico didn't pay for a wall, tariffs that hurt manufacturing, economy never even hit 3% growth, most pandemic deaths... What exactly is it you think you want? You are in a sad state when you don't want to be part of the greatest country in the history of the world.
4 years of leftists destruction cost insurance companies billions

Link?

No wars started.
Lowest minority unemployment in history.
Lowest unemployment for women in 70 years.
Rising black home ownership.
Record stock markets.
Low unemployment for everyone.
Energy independence.
Rising middle class income.
Record household net worth.
Tax cuts for middle and low income taxpayers.
Several Middle East Peace accords.

Should I go on?

Link?

Link?
Why is civil unrest leftist?

No wars started.
Lowest minority unemployment in history.
Lowest unemployment for women in 70 years.
Rising black home ownership.
Record stock markets.
Low unemployment for everyone.
Energy independence.
Rising middle class income.
Record household net worth.
Tax cuts for middle and low income taxpayers.
Several Middle East Peace accords.

Should I go on?
and don't forget about the pay raises for the working class

Forum List

Back