Air Force crew made an odd stop on a routine trip: Trump’s Scottish resort

Just imagine the NaziCon outrage if President Obama had done something like this. Thankfully, President Obama wasn't a grifter.
You are right, they would have lost their heads. Just like you are. Are you satisfied that you act exactly like a 'NaziCon.'

I will never understand why wingers are so eager to emulate (and point out they are emulating) those they claim to hate.

It was the cheapest place.

Duh, no it wasn't.
Actually, it was the same price for the military. The military pays a FIXED price to the crew for the hotel they stay at. The crew are the ones that not only decided to stay there but also the ones that foot the bill for overages.
Do you have a link to support that?
Per Diem Rates - Military & Government Travel

I have direct experience here as I was a maintainer on C-17 aircraft. IF the crew picks a hotel that is below the per diem lodging rate the military does not pay the overage. I will give you one guess as to how often that happens. ME&I is hard - you get to keep what is not spent. Enlisted save there. The crew rarely does.

Thanks - that is actually informative.

But - why have we seen a dramatic increase in stops there and a dramatic increase in overnight stays since Trump took office?

Capture.JPG

But - why have we seen a dramatic increase in stops there and a dramatic increase in overnight stays since Trump took office?

View attachment 278532

Maybe because they were too broke to go anywhere while Barry was running things? Did you notice your stupid little graph came from some fool at NPR....you remember NPR....they fired Juan Williams (the ugliest man alive) for admitting he was afraid of young blacks.

Now the layover is part of a broader House inquiry into military spending at and around the Trump property.

In early Spring of this year, an Air National Guard crew made a routine trip from the U.S. to Kuwait to deliver supplies.

What wasn’t routine was where the crew stopped along the way: President Donald Trump’s Turnberry resort, about 50 miles outside Glasgow, Scotland.

Since April, the House Oversight Committee has been investigating why the crew on the C-17 military transport plane made the unusual stay — both en route to the Middle East and on the way back — at the luxury waterside resort, according to several people familiar with the incident. But they have yet to receive any answers from the Pentagon.

The inquiry is part of a broader, previously unreported probe into U.S. military expenditures at and around the Trump property in Scotland. According to a letter the panel sent to the Pentagon in June, the military has spent $11 million on fuel at the Prestwick Airport — the closest airport to Trump Turnberry — since October 2017, fuel that would be cheaper if purchased at a U.S. military base. The letter also cites a Guardian report that the airport provided cut-rate rooms and free rounds of golf at Turnberry for U.S. military members.

Taken together, the incidents raise the possibility that the military has helped keep Trump’s Turnberry resort afloat — the property lost $4.5 million in 2017, but revenue went up $3 million in 2018.

“The Defense Department has not produced a single document in this investigation,” said a senior Democratic aide on the oversight panel. “The committee will be forced to consider alternative steps if the Pentagon does not begin complying voluntarily in the coming days.”

The Pentagon, Air Force and White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

More: Air Force crew made an odd stop on a routine trip: Trump’s Scottish resort

Wow, this is very strange. It's also somewhat alarming that the Air Force and Pentagon are not responding to congressional inquires. Has Trump co-opted our military?
And you stopped at The Liquor Store on your way home as usual.
iu

What's The Word? Thunderbird!
Pic-1.jpg

Just imagine the NaziCon outrage if President Obama had done something like this. Thankfully, President Obama wasn't a grifter.
You are right, they would have lost their heads. Just like you are. Are you satisfied that you act exactly like a 'NaziCon.'

I will never understand why wingers are so eager to emulate (and point out they are emulating) those they claim to hate.

Duh, no it wasn't.
Actually, it was the same price for the military. The military pays a FIXED price to the crew for the hotel they stay at. The crew are the ones that not only decided to stay there but also the ones that foot the bill for overages.

I have direct experience here as I was a maintainer on C-17 aircraft. IF the crew picks a hotel that is below the per diem lodging rate the military does not pay the overage. I will give you one guess as to how often that happens. ME&I is hard - you get to keep what is not spent. Enlisted save there. The crew rarely does.

View attachment 278532
It depends.

The likely answer is ops tempo has changed in the areas that stop is likely to be in. There are rather dramatic shifts in where military flies to and stays in over time because where the aircraft are stationed at changes.

The onus is upon those that want to claim this is Trump related to actually show that it is. Baseless conjecture is just that - baseless.

Duh, no it wasn't.

View attachment 278532
"The Prestwick filing reveals the facility received its first US military contract in October 2016, the month before Trump was elected. And while operating costs rose accordingly, they were “more than offset by the revenue generated from the [fuel] sales,” it says."

US military spent $17.2 million at Scottish airport near Trump resort

In other words Prestwick had no military contracts with the US until Obama signed on a month before Trump was elected President. Perhaps Congress should investigate whether Trump paid off Obama to sign that contract. After all, Obama was about to become unemployed and maybe he needed the money.

Duh, no it wasn't.

View attachment 278532
"The Prestwick filing reveals the facility received its first US military contract in October 2016, the month before Trump was elected. And while operating costs rose accordingly, they were “more than offset by the revenue generated from the [fuel] sales,” it says."

US military spent $17.2 million at Scottish airport near Trump resort

In other words Prestwick had no military contracts with the US until Obama signed on a month before Trump was elected President. Perhaps Congress should investigate whether Trump paid off Obama to sign that contract. After all, Obama was about to become unemployed and maybe he needed the money.
This also goes a long way to showing why there are increasing rates of stopping there. New contract and all.

Rachel Maddow just reported that The Scotsman and The Guardian have reported that Trump and the little airport next to his resort had an OFFICIAL agreement for the U.S. military to buy fuel at COMMERCIAL rates. Apparently this has been going on for a while. Holy shit.
We told you that a dozen pages ago... Gator looked it up. Maddow is behind.

The deal is not only normal, it has been that way since BEFORE Trump.

Not that you give a rats ass about facts.

Credible proof? Link?

Please show us where the constitution talks about airports and airplanes.

And when haven't Presidents used non military airports throughout history? Kennedy flew into Love Field the day he was shot in Dallas. The TDS squad is really desperate these days. Sad.

This is not the president stopping, it is military aircraft that have suddenly started to use this commercial airport when they never did prior to Trump taking office.
The Military chose this airport for stops during the Obama Administration. Says so in the NYSlimes article. Care to revise your errant statement?

Rachel Maddow just reported that The Scotsman and The Guardian have reported that Trump and the little airport next to his resort had an OFFICIAL agreement for the U.S. military to buy fuel at COMMERCIAL rates. Apparently this has been going on for a while. Holy shit.
We told you that a dozen pages ago... Gator looked it up. Maddow is behind.

The deal is not only normal, it has been that way since BEFORE Trump.

Not that you give a rats ass about facts.

Credible proof? Link?
It has been linked multiple time is this thread. The last one was 2 posts above yours.

EEyhf_BWwAAU_aq

What if Trump spread bedbugs through the Air Force. He’d have some really pissed soldiers.

Forum List

Back