Air Force Thunderbirds too male, too white, top general warns

Yeah, if I'm a highly trained Thunderbird pilot I'm gonna feel real safe flying a tight formation or during tricky maneuvers knowing one of the team's new members got their seat because they're not white or male.
so you think they're going to choose unqualified people?
Not unqualified...just less than the best...in a job that demands the best.
the actual job demands diversity. and you're making an assumption that white males would be the best
The actual job demands diversity....Would you care to elaborate?
recruiting tool. their actual job is to act as a recruiting tool. this is a job they perform better if they are a diverse group

It's like saying the Spurs need some midgets on the team...for the sake of diversity.

Whatever happened to earning something? Nobody should be given something because they are black, female, or whatever.Earn it
wtf is wrong with you? who said the members wouldn't have to earn their spot?
hey genius. They must APPLY first.....
Look, the Nassau County ( NY) PD and the Westchester County( NY) PD were both SUED over chaerges of discrimination...Some fucking bozo lqawyer with some minority advocacy group got a bug up his ass or wanted to make headlines form himself. At great expense to the taxpayers of each county, the suits rolled through the courts. Each tome the plaintiff's lost their cases. However each county decided to recruit minority and female candidates. And let me tell you, those cops make a VERY good living. IN fact, they are paid MORE than NYC cops....Anyway, the net result was an insignificant increase in female and minority officers were hired. The reason? The agencies simply could not attract enough applicants.
Horse to water.

Yeah, if I'm a highly trained Thunderbird pilot I'm gonna feel real safe flying a tight formation or during tricky maneuvers knowing one of the team's new members got their seat because they're not white or male.
the actual job demands diversity. and you're making an assumption that white males would be the best
recruiting tool. their actual job is to act as a recruiting tool. this is a job they perform better if they are a diverse group
So skin color and gender make people work better?
Interesting. I though those traits such as talent and ability were ingredients in success.
Look, I am sick of this left wing political speak.. Just be honest and state what you really mean.

It's like saying the Spurs need some midgets on the team...for the sake of diversity.

Whatever happened to earning something? Nobody should be given something because they are black, female, or whatever.Earn it
wtf is wrong with you? who said the members wouldn't have to earn their spot?
hey genius. They must APPLY first.....
no shit. that's why the general was asking for help recruiting more applicants

So skin color and gender make people work better?
who the fuck said that?

The Air Force’s vaunted Thunderbirds jet fighter aerobatics team is not diverse enough inside the cockpit.

Brig. Gen. Christopher M. Short, commander of the 57th Wing at NellisAir Force Base, Nevada, said in an email last month that of 15 pilot applicants for three openings, 14 are white.

He asked fighter wing commanders to stir up more candidates who “don’t necessarily look like each of you.” He bemoaned the fact that, not only is there a lack of diversity, but the number of applicants to make the world-famous team has taken a puzzling drop in the past two years.

“I am asking for your help in finding the right pilots for next year’s Thunderbirds team,” is how Gen. Short begins his email.

“While we have several qualified candidates that many of you submitted, I am lacking the depth in talent we’ve seen in previous years and I am lacking in diversity of gender, ethnicity and [aircraft type] background,”Gen. Short wrote.
Air Force Thunderbirds prioritize diversity in cockpit amid puzzling decline in applicants
----------------------------------------------------

Just another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday.

These people are idiots, not everyone WANTS to be a Thunderbird Pilot. Maybe there is a reason there are so few "diverse applicants" anyway, let them apply, who cares???? really?? as longf as the best pilots get the job, I dont really care if they are all Chinese or Black, who really gives a shit what the cockpit looks like?

The Air Force’s vaunted Thunderbirds jet fighter aerobatics team is not diverse enough inside the cockpit.

Brig. Gen. Christopher M. Short, commander of the 57th Wing at NellisAir Force Base, Nevada, said in an email last month that of 15 pilot applicants for three openings, 14 are white.

He asked fighter wing commanders to stir up more candidates who “don’t necessarily look like each of you.” He bemoaned the fact that, not only is there a lack of diversity, but the number of applicants to make the world-famous team has taken a puzzling drop in the past two years.

“I am asking for your help in finding the right pilots for next year’s Thunderbirds team,” is how Gen. Short begins his email.

“While we have several qualified candidates that many of you submitted, I am lacking the depth in talent we’ve seen in previous years and I am lacking in diversity of gender, ethnicity and [aircraft type] background,”Gen. Short wrote.
Air Force Thunderbirds prioritize diversity in cockpit amid puzzling decline in applicants
----------------------------------------------------

Just another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday.

These people are idiots, not everyone WANTS to be a Thunderbird Pilot. Maybe there is a reason there are so few "diverse applicants" anyway, let them apply, who cares???? really?? as longf as the best pilots get the job, I dont really care if they are all Chinese or Black, who really gives a shit what the cockpit looks like?

Being QUALIFIED is the key. I don't care what color, race, or ethnicity they are as long as they are the best at what they do. However being a certain race doesn't make one qualified except to a Liberal.

Yeah let's lower the standards on everything now.

The Thunderbirds, Blue Angels etc are for the best of the best they are a pure meritocracy

If you want in then fucking earn it

Funny how people like this general consider race as a qualification.
they are a recruiting tool. diversity is desirable in a recruiting tool

Still doesn't mean someone is qualified because they are black.
Who said it did?

Now, now....please continue to be honest....

....and state the meaning of "diversity."
I'll wait for the quote where younshow either myself or the general eaying decisions should be made based on skin color

Why would you be afraid to explain what 'diversity' means.....unless I am 100% correct in that you racists define it based on melanin?
diversity. heterogeneous.

now, quote us

Truly dishonest.
It doesn't mean in height, or political outlook, or favorite baseball team.
It means skin color.

Why won't you admit that?

And...once admitting it, and if you had an education, you might quote LBJ....

"You do not take a man who for years has been hobbled by chains, liberate him, bring him to the starting line of a race, saying, "you are free to compete with all the others," and still justly believe you have been completely fair... This is the next and more profound stage of the battle for civil rights. We seek not just freedom but opportunity—not just legal equity but human ability—not just equality as a right and a theory, but equality as a fact and as a result."
That's eloquent....but wrong.

Instead, you'd rather lie about it.....hence, you must know it's wrong, too.

So...how long have you been a Liberal?
nobody is saying any decision should be made based on race.
you are imagining that.

Running from the truth as you are, it's clear that, both...
a. you know that 'diversity' means skin color
b. you know it's wrong as a doctrine for society.

I'll leave it at that.

I'll wait for the quote where younshow either myself or the general eaying decisions should be made based on skin color

Why would you be afraid to explain what 'diversity' means.....unless I am 100% correct in that you racists define it based on melanin?

now, quote us

Truly dishonest.
It means skin color.

"You do not take a man who for years has been hobbled by chains, liberate him, bring him to the starting line of a race, saying, "you are free to compete with all the others," and still justly believe you have been completely fair... This is the next and more profound stage of the battle for civil rights. We seek not just freedom but opportunity—not just legal equity but human ability—not just equality as a right and a theory, but equality as a fact and as a result."

you are imagining that.

I'll leave it at that.
Yep. The general wants more diverse applicants and in general just more applications.

What is wrong with that? Why do you insist a decision would be made based on skin color?

now, quote us

Truly dishonest.
It means skin color.

you are imagining that.

I'll leave it at that.
Yep. The general wants more diverse applicants and in general just more applications.

What is wrong with that? Why do you insist a decision would be made based on skin color?

As soon as you Liberal liars attempt to reverse the truth, I chalk that up as a win for my side.

Liberals: when they began lying the Dead Sea was just a bit under the weather.

Last edited:

now, quote us

Truly dishonest.
It means skin color.

you are imagining that.

I'll leave it at that.

As soon as you Liberal liars attempt to reverse the truth, I chalk that up as a win for my side.

Liberas: when they began lying the Dead Sea was just a bit under the weather.
Reverse the truth? Wtf are you babbling about?

Truly dishonest.
It means skin color.

you are imagining that.

I'll leave it at that.

You posted this about me...but it only applies to you:
"Why do you insist a decision would be made based on skin color?"

now, quote us

Truly dishonest.
It means skin color.

you are imagining that.

I'll leave it at that.

Diversity is code for NO Whites.

you are imagining that.

I'll leave it at that.

Right. You believe that will happen. Why? I haven't said that should happen. The general didn't say it either. Why do you insist that decisions would be made based on skin color?

I'll leave it at that.

Right. You believe that will happen. Why? I haven't said that should happen. The general didn't say it either. Why do you insist that decisions would be made based on skin color?
Because history has shown they will be

Forum List

Back