Air Force Thunderbirds too male, too white, top general warns

so you think they're going to choose unqualified people?
Not unqualified...just less than the best...in a job that demands the best.
the actual job demands diversity. and you're making an assumption that white males would be the best

That makes absolutely no sense. What does diversity have to do with the ability to fly a high performance aircraft?
oh, you think the point of thr Thunderbirds is to fly aircraft.

that's where you're going wrong

What are they flying, kites?
and do you think the point of the air force band max impact is to play rock music?

The Air Force’s vaunted Thunderbirds jet fighter aerobatics team is not diverse enough inside the cockpit.

Brig. Gen. Christopher M. Short, commander of the 57th Wing at NellisAir Force Base, Nevada, said in an email last month that of 15 pilot applicants for three openings, 14 are white.

He asked fighter wing commanders to stir up more candidates who “don’t necessarily look like each of you.” He bemoaned the fact that, not only is there a lack of diversity, but the number of applicants to make the world-famous team has taken a puzzling drop in the past two years.

“I am asking for your help in finding the right pilots for next year’s Thunderbirds team,” is how Gen. Short begins his email.

“While we have several qualified candidates that many of you submitted, I am lacking the depth in talent we’ve seen in previous years and I am lacking in diversity of gender, ethnicity and [aircraft type] background,”Gen. Short wrote.
Air Force Thunderbirds prioritize diversity in cockpit amid puzzling decline in applicants
----------------------------------------------------

Just another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday.
I predict major in-air collisions of Tunderbirds next year.
you are a dumbass. fo you honestly feel they would select someone unqualified or do you feel that minorities could not be qualified?

I'd suggest you pay attention to post #52, and use same in your calculation.

I've noticed, and wonder if you have, that making judgement on the basis of race is considered a pejorative when you Liberals recognize in being done by the other side....

....but, somehow, excuse it when exhibited by yours.

Bottom line....it is still racism, pure and simple

Merit should be the only basis for choosing a candidate.
upload_2016-3-5_15-38-31.jpeg

The Air Force’s vaunted Thunderbirds jet fighter aerobatics team is not diverse enough inside the cockpit.

Brig. Gen. Christopher M. Short, commander of the 57th Wing at NellisAir Force Base, Nevada, said in an email last month that of 15 pilot applicants for three openings, 14 are white.

He asked fighter wing commanders to stir up more candidates who “don’t necessarily look like each of you.” He bemoaned the fact that, not only is there a lack of diversity, but the number of applicants to make the world-famous team has taken a puzzling drop in the past two years.

“I am asking for your help in finding the right pilots for next year’s Thunderbirds team,” is how Gen. Short begins his email.

“While we have several qualified candidates that many of you submitted, I am lacking the depth in talent we’ve seen in previous years and I am lacking in diversity of gender, ethnicity and [aircraft type] background,”Gen. Short wrote.
Air Force Thunderbirds prioritize diversity in cockpit amid puzzling decline in applicants

you are a dumbass. fo you honestly feel they would select someone unqualified or do you feel that minorities could not be qualified?

I've noticed, and wonder if you have, that making judgement on the basis of race is considered a pejorative when you Liberals recognize in being done by the other side....

View attachment 66039
who is saying anyone should make a decision based on race?

View attachment 66039

Both you and the general.

View attachment 66039

you seem to have reading comprehension problems. neither of us have said that

Yeah, and why are airlines not mandated to hire pilots based entirely on diversity quotas?

View attachment 66039

Now, now....please continue to be honest....

....and state the meaning of "diversity."

View attachment 66039

I'll wait for the quote where younshow either myself or the general eaying decisions should be made based on skin color

View attachment 66039

I'll wait for the quote where younshow either myself or the general eaying decisions should be made based on skin color

Why would you be afraid to explain what 'diversity' means.....unless I am 100% correct in that you racists define it based on melanin?

Why would you be afraid to explain what 'diversity' means.....unless I am 100% correct in that you racists define it based on melanin?
diversity. heterogeneous.

now, quote us

Horseshit. They're Air Farce. That in itself is embarrassing enough. I bet most of those pilots have sucked a dick.
You want to see some straight, Conservative pro-Bush/Reagan/Trump MEN flying aircraft - watch the Blue Angels.

Horseshit. They're Air Farce. That in itself is embarrassing enough. I bet most of those pilots have sucked a dick.
You want to see some straight, Conservative pro-Bush/Reagan/Trump MEN flying aircraft - watch the Blue Angels.

Dickbreath...really...
The Village People is like, so 40 years ago, asswipe.
Post a clip from American Sniper for a look at the real Navy, of which you've never served,
Hell - you've never served any branch, coward.

There certainly is precedent for your post....

When white student Allan Bakke was rejected from medical student because the university chose a different, less qualified student based on skin color, Patrick Chavis.....this was the result:

NEWS
Liposuction Doctor Has License Revoked
August 26, 1998 | JULIE MARQUIS, TIMES STAFF WRITER
The Medical Board of California revoked the license of a Lynwood obstetrician on Tuesday, calling him grossly negligent in his care of seven liposuction patients--including one who bled to death after he abandoned her bedside. Dr. Patrick Chavis' license should be pulled "to protect the public," according to a 28-page decision accusing the physician of violations ranging from botching procedures to allowing his nurse to practice medicine.
ARTICLES BY DATE
Articles about Patrick Chavis - latimes

CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
Doctor in Landmark Anti-Bias Case Slain
August 13, 2002 | ERIC MALNIC, TIMES STAFF WRITER
To proponents of affirmative action, Patrick Chavis was viewed six years ago as a hero. Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) called the personable black doctor the perfect example of how the controversial college admissions program could help minorities and disadvantaged communities. To opponents of the program, Chavis was seen four years ago as one of its failures.
Absolutely amazing example of the horrendous effects of affirmative action, this time tragic. Thank you. Why doesn't the media publicize this?

There certainly is precedent for your post....

When white student Allan Bakke was rejected from medical student because the university chose a different, less qualified student based on skin color, Patrick Chavis.....this was the result:

NEWS
Liposuction Doctor Has License Revoked
August 26, 1998 | JULIE MARQUIS, TIMES STAFF WRITER
The Medical Board of California revoked the license of a Lynwood obstetrician on Tuesday, calling him grossly negligent in his care of seven liposuction patients--including one who bled to death after he abandoned her bedside. Dr. Patrick Chavis' license should be pulled "to protect the public," according to a 28-page decision accusing the physician of violations ranging from botching procedures to allowing his nurse to practice medicine.
ARTICLES BY DATE
Articles about Patrick Chavis - latimes

CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
Doctor in Landmark Anti-Bias Case Slain
August 13, 2002 | ERIC MALNIC, TIMES STAFF WRITER
To proponents of affirmative action, Patrick Chavis was viewed six years ago as a hero. Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) called the personable black doctor the perfect example of how the controversial college admissions program could help minorities and disadvantaged communities. To opponents of the program, Chavis was seen four years ago as one of its failures.
Absolutely amazing example of the horrendous effects of affirmative action, this time tragic. Thank you. Why doesn't the media publicize this?

The media???

Like the NYTimes that spread the 'off the record" interview with Donald Trump..

and the LATimes that refuses to release the videotape of Obama's party with Bill Ayers and his terrorist wife, at Rashid Khalidi's retirement party?

"Obama, Ayers, and PLO supporters toast Edward Said's successor, but the press doesn't think it's quite as newsworthy as Sarah Palin's wardrobe.
Why is the Los Angeles Times sitting on a videotape of the 2003 farewell bash in Chicago at which Barack Obama lavished praise on the guest of honor, Rashid Khalidi — former mouthpiece for master terrorist Yasser Arafat?"
The L.A. Times Suppresses Obama's Khalidi Bash Tape

Last edited:

Forum List

Back