Air Force Thunderbirds too male, too white, top general warns

Cut the shit the implication of saying anything about race is that diversity should trump ability
you cut the shit. that is not the implication at all. the implication is they want a diverse group for their recruiting tool. anything else is your imagination.
If any people were qualified they would have already been on the squad
that is your imagination speaking again. pilots need to apply for consideration

So then how many people of color have applied for consideration?

If any had and they were qualified they would have already been on the squad so what was your point?
read the op. 14 of 15 applicants were white, and he only got 15 applicants.

the general was not happy with either the number of applicants or the diversity and is asking commanders to help recruit for the openings.

i really don't understand why you think this is a problem
And whose fault is that that no one else applied?

Sorry but people who want to be part of the tradition are the ones applying they are the ones showing initiative I don't understand why you think anyone should go out of their way to talk people into applying when their failure to apply tells you they don't want to be part of the squad

you cut the shit. that is not the implication at all. the implication is they want a diverse group for their recruiting tool. anything else is your imagination.
If any people were qualified they would have already been on the squad
that is your imagination speaking again. pilots need to apply for consideration

So then how many people of color have applied for consideration?

If any had and they were qualified they would have already been on the squad so what was your point?
read the op. 14 of 15 applicants were white, and he only got 15 applicants.

the general was not happy with either the number of applicants or the diversity and is asking commanders to help recruit for the openings.

i really don't understand why you think this is a problem
And whose fault is that that no one else applied?

Sorry but people who want to be part of the tradition are the ones applying they are the ones showing initiative I don't understand why you think anyone should go out of their way to talk people into applying when their failure to apply tells you they don't want to be part of the squad
or they just aren't aware. or they don't see it as a stepping stone in their career path. or they think being a stunt pilot is beneath them. or lots of reasons.
the general was just asking commanders to help recruit. i'm sure you don't take issue with our armed forces running ads to help with recruitment so why is this a problem?

Yeah let's lower the standards on everything now.

The Thunderbirds, Blue Angels etc are for the best of the best they are a pure meritocracy

If you want in then fucking earn it
who said anything about lowering standards?

wtf is wrong with you?
Cut the shit the implication of saying anything about race is that diversity should trump ability

So.....skin color is a good basis for choosing?

You're down with the Dred Scott Decision, huh?

The Thunderbirds, Blue Angels etc are for the best of the best they are a pure meritocracy

wtf is wrong with you?

did i say that? nope.

they want diverse applicants. they want commanders to encourage people to apply. that is all.

wtf is wrong with you?

did i say that? nope.

they want diverse applicants. they want commanders to encourage people to apply. that is all.

I'm sure you will admit that the 'diversity' of which you speak is code for skin color and nothing else.
Hence, the title of the thread.

Should I ask again if you support the Taney decision, in Dred Scott?

Or...shall I be more nuanced and ask if you suppoprt LBJ's 'affirmative action'?
Also dividing American's into classes based on skin color.

Speak up.

The following two videos go into the type of "reasoning" that is being used for the air force, the very end of the 1st video is identical with the air force claims, and the 2nd video takes it further:

The Air Force’s vaunted Thunderbirds jet fighter aerobatics team is not diverse enough inside the cockpit.

Brig. Gen. Christopher M. Short, commander of the 57th Wing at NellisAir Force Base, Nevada, said in an email last month that of 15 pilot applicants for three openings, 14 are white.

He asked fighter wing commanders to stir up more candidates who “don’t necessarily look like each of you.” He bemoaned the fact that, not only is there a lack of diversity, but the number of applicants to make the world-famous team has taken a puzzling drop in the past two years.

“I am asking for your help in finding the right pilots for next year’s Thunderbirds team,” is how Gen. Short begins his email.

“While we have several qualified candidates that many of you submitted, I am lacking the depth in talent we’ve seen in previous years and I am lacking in diversity of gender, ethnicity and [aircraft type] background,”Gen. Short wrote.
Air Force Thunderbirds prioritize diversity in cockpit amid puzzling decline in applicants
----------------------------------------------------

Just another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday.
I predict major in-air collisions of Tunderbirds next year.

The Air Force’s vaunted Thunderbirds jet fighter aerobatics team is not diverse enough inside the cockpit.

Brig. Gen. Christopher M. Short, commander of the 57th Wing at NellisAir Force Base, Nevada, said in an email last month that of 15 pilot applicants for three openings, 14 are white.

He asked fighter wing commanders to stir up more candidates who “don’t necessarily look like each of you.” He bemoaned the fact that, not only is there a lack of diversity, but the number of applicants to make the world-famous team has taken a puzzling drop in the past two years.

“I am asking for your help in finding the right pilots for next year’s Thunderbirds team,” is how Gen. Short begins his email.

“While we have several qualified candidates that many of you submitted, I am lacking the depth in talent we’ve seen in previous years and I am lacking in diversity of gender, ethnicity and [aircraft type] background,”Gen. Short wrote.
Air Force Thunderbirds prioritize diversity in cockpit amid puzzling decline in applicants

There certainly is precedent for your post....

When white student Allan Bakke was rejected from medical student because the university chose a different, less qualified student based on skin color, Patrick Chavis.....this was the result:

NEWS
Liposuction Doctor Has License Revoked
August 26, 1998 | JULIE MARQUIS, TIMES STAFF WRITER
The Medical Board of California revoked the license of a Lynwood obstetrician on Tuesday, calling him grossly negligent in his care of seven liposuction patients--including one who bled to death after he abandoned her bedside. Dr. Patrick Chavis' license should be pulled "to protect the public," according to a 28-page decision accusing the physician of violations ranging from botching procedures to allowing his nurse to practice medicine.
ARTICLES BY DATE
Articles about Patrick Chavis - latimes

CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
Doctor in Landmark Anti-Bias Case Slain
August 13, 2002 | ERIC MALNIC, TIMES STAFF WRITER
To proponents of affirmative action, Patrick Chavis was viewed six years ago as a hero. Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) called the personable black doctor the perfect example of how the controversial college admissions program could help minorities and disadvantaged communities. To opponents of the program, Chavis was seen four years ago as one of its failures.

When white student Allan Bakke was rejected from medical student because the university chose a different, less qualified student based on skin color, Patrick Chavis.....this was the result:

NEWS
The Medical Board of California revoked the license of a Lynwood obstetrician on Tuesday, calling him grossly negligent in his care of seven liposuction patients--including one who bled to death after he abandoned her bedside. Dr. Patrick Chavis' license should be pulled "to protect the public," according to a 28-page decision accusing the physician of violations ranging from botching procedures to allowing his nurse to practice medicine.
ARTICLES BY DATE

CALIFORNIA | LOCAL
To proponents of affirmative action, Patrick Chavis was viewed six years ago as a hero. Sen. Edward Kennedy (D-Mass.) called the personable black doctor the perfect example of how the controversial college admissions program could help minorities and disadvantaged communities. To opponents of the program, Chavis was seen four years ago as one of its failures.

Wow. Simply amazing our society is doing this shit.

NEWS
ARTICLES BY DATE

CALIFORNIA | LOCAL

Wow. Simply amazing our society is doing this shit.

It's that "Stage One Thinking" by Liberals.

Dr. Thomas Sowell, in “Applied Economics: Thinking Beyond Stage One,” challenges individuals to analyze not only their short term (Stage One) impact but to also think ahead to their long term (Stage Two, Three, etc) impact.

Politicians do not think beyond Stage One because they will be praised (and elected) for the short term benefits but will not be held accountable much later when the long term consequences appear.

"To put it another way: Asians need SAT scores 140 points higher than whites, 270 points higher than Hispanics, and an incredible 450 points higher than blacks (out of 1,600 points) to get into these schools.

An Asian applicant with an SAT score of 1,500, that is, has the same chance of being accepted as a white student with a 1,360, a Latino with a 1,230, or an African-American with a 1,050. Among candidates in the highest (1,400–1,600) SAT range, 77 percent of blacks, 48 percent of Hispanics, 40 percent of whites, and only 30 percent of Asians are admitted."
Fewer Asians Need Apply by Dennis Saffran, City Journal Winter 2016

you are a dumbass. fo you honestly feel they would select someone unqualified or do you feel that minorities could not be qualified?

Yeah, if I'm a highly trained Thunderbird pilot I'm gonna feel real safe flying a tight formation or during tricky maneuvers knowing one of the team's new members got their seat because they're not white or male.
so you think they're going to choose unqualified people?
Not unqualified...just less than the best...in a job that demands the best.
the actual job demands diversity. and you're making an assumption that white males would be the best

That makes absolutely no sense. What does diversity have to do with the ability to fly a high performance aircraft?

Yeah, if I'm a highly trained Thunderbird pilot I'm gonna feel real safe flying a tight formation or during tricky maneuvers knowing one of the team's new members got their seat because they're not white or male.
the actual job demands diversity. and you're making an assumption that white males would be the best

That makes absolutely no sense. What does diversity have to do with the ability to fly a high performance aircraft?
oh, you think the point of the Thunderbirds is to fly aircraft.

that's where you're going wrong

Last edited:

oh, you think the point of thr Thunderbirds is to fly aircraft.

What are they flying, kites?

oh, you think the point of thr Thunderbirds is to fly aircraft.

If they wanted to demonstrate diversity they could have fags racing in go carts.

Forum List

Back