🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Al Franken drags out Senate departure, only mentions ‘transition’ after replacement named

The Great Upheaval would be a fair translation. Hint: Nova Scotia

Sorry Im not great with history.

Maybe you should be. Without knowing where you've been you can't have much of an idea where you're going, now can you?

Residential schools?

Residential schools are native schools. Not around my neck of the woods, but I know of them,

That's it?

Yeah what more you want me to know? I live in Toronto, not out west or northern Ontario. There were abuses recently which resulted in a lawsuit when Native children were taken from their families and forced to go to Catholic or "Canadian" schools.

Somewhat better.

Who's the guy being taken off the money because he pioneered that system?

Sorry Im not great with history.

Maybe you should be. Without knowing where you've been you can't have much of an idea where you're going, now can you?

Residential schools?

Residential schools are native schools. Not around my neck of the woods, but I know of them,

That's it?

Yeah what more you want me to know? I live in Toronto, not out west or northern Ontario. There were abuses recently which resulted in a lawsuit when Native children were taken from their families and forced to go to Catholic or "Canadian" schools.

Somewhat better.

Huh? I dont know that one sorry I know we are putting a woman on a bill, maybe McDonald?

Also, we had a problem with some trying to alter the anthem to be "gender neutral" recently

To the above though, NOONE other than a Toronto fan would know WAMCO LOL. Oh, and that same year, it was 1-2-3 in Batting average, first time in history. I think it was Olerud at .363 then Alomar and Molitor in the 123

Also, I sound more "American" than some. Multiple times in corporate sales I would call Americans and they asked where I was from, assumed often that I was from North Carolina for some reason. Also, once in awhile I'd say "about" and they would tell me they knew I was Canadian when I said that. Was funny stuff.

Last edited:

Residential schools?

That's it?

Somewhat better.

Huh? I dont know that one sorry I know we are putting a woman on a bill, maybe McDonald?

Also, we had a problem with some trying to alter the anthem to be "gender neutral" recently

To the above though, NOONE other than a Toronto fan would know WAMCO LOL. Oh, and that same year, it was 1-2-3 in Batting average, first time in history. I think it was Olerud at .363 then Alomar and Molitor in the 123

John A. Macdonald, yes. Funny, again, I know more about your history than you do.

Good to see you're an appreciator of baseball. See you in Spring Training.

Now get that poutine in the mail to me straightaway, eh?

Oh my, now this would be different...

Al Franken drags out Senate departure, only mentions ‘transition’ after replacement named

Minnesota Democratic Sen. Al Franken resigned from Congress two weeks ago amid continuing sexual-misconduct allegations. However, he’s yet to say when he’ll empty his Capitol Hill office, even after his replacement was appointed earlier this week.

“Tina Smith will make an excellent United States senator. … I look forward to working with her on ensuring a speedy and seamless transition,” Franken said after the state lieutenant governor was appointed, without mentioning when he’ll leave.

In his Dec. 7 resignation speech, Franken said only that he’ll be leaving in the “coming weeks.”

Multiple people on Capitol Hill, including those in Senate leadership, told Fox News that they doesn’t know when Franken will leave.

“I’ll be coming home,” was Franken’s only response to a question after future plans, after his Senate floor resignation speech.

Franken was back at work this week, casting votes in the Senate, participating in a committee hearing, attending a senators-only luncheon with Democrats and even posing for a picture with a group of high school students.

The two-term senator, first elected in 2008, had initially intended to let a Senate ethics committee investigate the allegations against him.

However, a seventh claim on Dec. 6., by a woman claiming Franken tried to forcibly kiss her in 2006, resulted in a chorus of female Democratic senators -- including New York’s Kirsten Gillibrand and California’s Kamal Harris -- calling for his resignation, effectively forcing his departure.

Franken, in his speech, noted his original plan regarding an ethics investigation, which he thought would help. And he argued that “some of the allegations against me are simply not true. Others, I remember very differently.”

Franken also suggested that him leaving elected office while President Trump remains in the Oval Office after bragged on tape about his history of sexual misconduct is "ironic."
I wonder what part of resign didn't Al Franken understand.
You can't cast votes if you've resigned.

Mkay?
The dead can vote democratic, why not Franken?

Forum List

Back