Al Gore said fixing issues with American democracy is necessary to properly address climate change.

Not having served, you know nothing about the subject. During the Vietnam war, ALL of Vietnam was considered a combat zone. You owe all of our servicemen and women an apology.

I don't owe anyone anything, least of all a hack like you. My duty stations were Ft. Mc in Georgia and Ft. Ord. What were you? A Girl Scout leader?

Gore told NBC News’s Chuck Todd in an interview that will air on “Meet the Press” on Sunday that public sentiment on climate issues is changing in favor of supporting urgent action, but a “broken” democracy is preventing progress from happening.

“In order to solve the climate crisis, we’re going to have to pay attention to the democracy crisis,” he said.

Gore said Congress cannot pass climate legislation for the same reason it is unable to pass legislation to ban assault rifles.

He said the Senate’s filibuster, which requires most legislation to receive 60 votes to advance, should be eliminated and that “big money” plays too influential a role in politics.

With the Senate evenly divided between Democrats and Republicans 50-50, Democrats would need at least 10 Republican votes to pass most bills.

Democrats have attempted to use reconciliation, a process in the Senate that allows legislation on budget issues to move forward by a simple majority, but they have struggled to pass major climate legislation in that manner during the Biden administration.

Comment:
Al Gore is an idiot.
There is nothing wrong with our "democracy".
It is working as it is supposed to work.
If the greedy and corrupt Democrat Party wants to loot $trillions$ of dollars from the American Taxpayers with their worthless Climate Change Apocalyptic Cult spending, then they will need to elect 60 greedy and corrupt Democrat senators.
Al Gore needs to explain why none of his End Times Cult predictions have come true.
The Democrats also need to do a Cost Benefit explanation on all of their Climate Change Doomsday Cult spending.
In effect, how their spending will change the temperature of the planet and how it will do it.
View attachment 674243View attachment 674244
Of course it is, because Climate change is all politics.....

So fucking what, you jealous little piece of shit? Gore WENT to Viet Nam, which is more than Trump did. Gore could have gotten out of it too.

Trump called guys who served in combat zones "suckers", and still you voted for him. You'd vote for him again too.

Feel free to prove I voted for anyone or just shut up.

I don't owe anyone anything, least of all a hack like you. My duty stations were Ft. Mc in Georgia and Ft. Ord. What were you? A Girl Scout leader?
And you didn’t know that Vietnam Nam was a war zone ? Obviously, you aren’t who you say you are. Boy wonder.
If you’re either lying about climate change or totally ignorant, you can easily be about anything else. This is the internet and frauds from the right are aplenty.

Last edited:
Hmmm... so, I completely agree with Al Gore's conclusion. Our democracy is a mess and preventing us from addressing vital problems.
Gore told NBC News’s Chuck Todd in an interview that will air on “Meet the Press” on Sunday that public sentiment on climate issues is changing in favor of supporting urgent action, but a “broken” democracy is preventing progress from happening.

“In order to solve the climate crisis, we’re going to have to pay attention to the democracy crisis,” he said.
Yep. Still nodding along. Democracy. We're doing it wrong.

Gore said Congress cannot pass climate legislation for the same reason it is unable to pass legislation to ban assault rifles.

Again, couldn't agree more. Congress is failing to do its job.

He said the Senate’s filibuster, which requires most legislation to receive 60 votes to advance, should be eliminated and that “big money” plays too influential a role in politics.

But of course, Gore is a partisan, so he completely misses the point and jumps on the filibuster. The filibuster isn't the problem and, in fact, points us to the solution.

What the filibuster tells us, tells Congress, is "No, you can't pass major legislation, you can't foist radical social change on the nation, with a slim partisan majority. You'll have to do the hard work of writing legislation that can attract broad support."

But Congress is lazy. It's easier to be a gang member than it is to write legislation the country can really get behind.

With the Senate evenly divided between Democrats and Republicans 50-50, Democrats would need at least 10 Republican votes to pass most bills.

And that's the beauty of the filibuster. It prevents, in theory at least, the majority party from running roughshod over the interests of everyone else.

Comment:
Al Gore is an idiot.
There is nothing wrong with our "democracy".
It is working as it is supposed to work.
While I agree that the system, in particular the filibuster, is working the way it's supposed to work, our government is not. Congress refuses to honor the intent of the filibuster. They refuse to write legislation worthy of broad support. The two-party shitshow has driven each party into a senseless gang war - bitterly fighting each other at every opportunity, for any excuse. But never sitting down and doing the hard work of governing a diverse nation.

Al Gore needs to explain why none of his End Times Cult predictions have come true.
The Democrats also need to do a Cost Benefit explanation on all of their Climate Change Doomsday Cult spending.
In effect, how their spending will change the temperature of the planet and how it will do it.

In short, they need to persuade. They need to make their case and actually build consensus for a solution we can all get behind. But they refuse to do that. Because they don't have to. Because we'll continue voting our way down the two-party death spiral until it destroys us.

Last edited:
Hmmm... so, I completely agree with Al Gore's conclusion. Our democracy is a mess and preventing us from addressing vital problems.

But of course, Gore is a partisan, so he completely misses the point and jumps on the filibuster. The filibuster isn't the problem and, in fact, points us to the solution.

What the filibuster tells us, tells Congress, is "No, you can't pass major legislation, you can't foist radical social change on the nation, with a slim partisan majority. You'll have to do the hard work of writing legislation that can attract broad support."

Congress is lazy. It's easier to be a gang member than it is to write legislation the country can really get behind.

And that's the beauty of the filibuster. It prevents, in theory at least, the majority party from running roughshod over the interests of everyone else.

While I agree that the system, in particular the filibuster, is working the way it's supposed to work, our government is not. Congress refuses to honor the intent of the filibuster. They refuse to write legislation worthy of broad support. The two-party shitshow has driven each party into a senseless gang war - bitterly fighting each other at every opportunity, for any excuse. But never sitting down and doing the hard work of government a diverse nation.

In short, they need to persuade. They need to make their case and actually build consensus for a solution we can all get behind. But they refuse to do that. Because they don't have to. Because we'll continue voting our way down the two-party death spiral until it destroys us.
Babble. The party that authors all the recessions, has Trump the biggest BS leader ever, can’t be trusted to tell the truth.

I don’t have to brag. The science and facts are on my side. Vietnam was a war zone….so you’re Batshit wrong. Gore had everything right because he quoted science. You’re on the side of ignorance. I don’t believe an effin word in your posts.

So, you disagree with my post? Did you read it? Did you understand it? What did you disagree with?
The party that authors all the recessions, has Trump the biggest BS leader ever, can’t be trusted to tell the truth.
Yes, yes, yes. Republicans are bad, mkay? See if you can break out of your partisan haze and discuss things objectively. It's fun!

But Congress is lazy. It's easier to be a gang member than it is to write legislation the country can really get behind.

While I agree that the system, in particular the filibuster, is working the way it's supposed to work, our government is not. Congress refuses to honor the intent of the filibuster. They refuse to write legislation worthy of broad support. The two-party shitshow has driven each party into a senseless gang war - bitterly fighting each other at every opportunity, for any excuse. But never sitting down and doing the hard work of governing a diverse nation.

Make a case vs people who can’t read and know nothing about science and math ? Imagine making a case vs someone who starts a sentence, “ I don’t know the science, but………..” Geesus, the science is free and on every govt, university and major related corporation and research website. Get a life.

So, you disagree with my post? Did you read it? Did you understand it? What did you disagree with?

Yes, yes, yes. Republicans are bad, mkay? See if you can break out of your partisan haze and discuss things objectively. It's fun!
I have no opinion of your post. As soon as there are just inaccurate opinions and crappola, the reading can stop in the first sentence. It sounds like Fix News babble. You make no reference to any real science, you lose.

I don’t have to brag. The science and facts are on my side. Vietnam was a war zone….so you’re Batshit wrong. Gore had everything right because he quoted science. You’re on the side of ignorance. I don’t believe an effin word in your posts.

Frankly a thing can be true whether you believe it or not. Gore has been wrong about everything.

Georgia is a real battle zone…..compared to Vietnam. As many as half the casualties were taken by support pepole in Viet Nam. You owe their families an apology.

Georgia is a real battle zone…..compared to Vietnam. As many as half the casualties were taken by support pepole in Viet Nam. You owe their families an apology.

Sorry kid, I don't owe anything to anyone.

Make a case vs people who can’t read and know nothing about science and math ?
Exactly. That's leadership. But Congress can't be bothered with that. They just play the fear machine and hide.
Imagine making a case vs someone who starts a sentence, “ I don’t know the science, but………..” Geesus, the science is free and on every govt, university and major related corporation and research website. Get a life.
Your phrasing is interesting, and might point to why you're failing. "Make a case vs people who ..." - versus? You should be trying to convince them, not defeat them.

Frankly a thing can be true whether you believe it or not. Gore has been wrong about everything.
Babble……Quote one of his presentations, not phrase out of context, but one presentation he was wrong on. I don’t expect you to try, being a typical lazy science illiterate.
QUOTE IT.

I have no opinion of your post. As soon as there are just inaccurate opinions and crappola, the reading can stop in the first sentence.
Ahhh... headlines only, eh? Whatever.
It sounds like Fix News babble. You make no reference to any real science, you lose.
Well, you acknowledged you didn't read my post. So you're just talking out of your ass. Which makes your breath stanky.

Congress is lazy. It's easier to be a gang member than it is to write legislation the country can really get behind.

While I agree that the system, in particular the filibuster, is working the way it's supposed to work, our government is not. Congress refuses to honor the intent of the filibuster. They refuse to write legislation worthy of broad support. The two-party shitshow has driven each party into gang war - bitterly fighting each other at every opportunity, for any excuse. But never sitting down and doing the hard work of government a diverse nation.

I strongly disagree with you about the fillibuster, because that's not how the Republican Party is using it. Republicans have been refusing to pass ANY Democratic bills whatsoever, since Obama was elected, and in lockstock to oppose ALL Democratic legislation, other than budget and finance bills.

Democrats have formed bipartisan committees, and incorporated Republican demands into their legislation, only to have all Republicans vote against it on the floor of the Senate, in lockstep. Republicans are refusing to negotiate in good faith, and are using the Fillibuster to block much needed Voting Rights Reform, Police Reform, or other much needed legislation. That's not how the fillibuster is supposed to work at all.

The minority is now holding the programs and legislation the American people voted for hostage to the Republican minority. Again, that is NOT how the fillibuster is supposed to work because it's being abused. The Republican Party is prepared to voted against the best interests of the American people in order to block anything Democrats are trying to pass.

The Senators who voted to confirm ACB represented 1,500,000 fewer voters than the Senators who voted to confirm her. The purpose of the Fillibuster is not to thwart the other party's agenda, but to make sure that everyone's interests are being considered. Time to end this farce and return majority rule to your government.

Forum List

Back