Alabama Counties Stop Issuing Marriage Licenses

The Alabama "we won't marry anyone" is nothing short of a right wing hissy fit befitting of the childish conservative base

If their religious convictions is a basis for denying services, why can't a devout Muslim use the same argument to enforce Sharia laws?

Last edited:
You are exactly the kind of weak willed, weak minded, so-called "Christian" child that took satisfaction in ganging up on and assaulting me as a child because my family are not Christian.

Wow. What was this little gem supposed to accomplish? We Christians don't take pride in assaulting children. And for you to label all of us for your experiences as a child is well... childish. I can't hope to understand what you went though, but you'll have to defend yourself against this radical claim of yours.

You mercilessly attack those you consider non-believers and then have the temerity to claim that it was you who were attacked.

You mercilessly attack those who don't agree with gay marriage and then have the temerity to claim you were the victim. When the prey turns on the hunter, screaming how he is being victimized by his prey isn't going to save him.

You hang by a thread, and any whose shoulders you cannot stand upon in common fear, threaten your weak faith.

And anyone who isn't on their knees are those who threaten your weak beliefs.
I called out one person as being false (notice the quotes around the word), not all Christians. If you identify with him, that isn't my problem, or concern.

And you are the authority regarding what is in the heart of G-d?

Are you? Funny....

Liberals all of a sudden have an idea what God supposedly wants for his creations.

Have you a transcript of your last, personal conversation with G-d?

Do you have his phone number?
The person to whom I responded represented himself as knowing what, specifically, G-d approves and disapproves of.
Sarcastic, or not, my reply was entirely appropriate.

I've suffered enough at the hands of the likes of you.

Really? And what suffering have I personally caused you? I don't even know you, and am inclined to not really care about you, either, unless you give me ample reason to.

You cannot touch, or hurt me any longer.

Oh geez, you little creep. Spare me your melodrama. How have I "touched" you or "hurt" you? Like I said, I don't even know you.

I live well. You are the trash struggling to convince yourself you are worth something.

What are you talking about?

You fight against your self doubt by flailing with balled fists at any who dare to contradict your insular reality by being other than you. I wish you healing and peace.

I can't help pity someone who has no idea whom they are addressing with their own insular type logic and ad hominem insults.

I don't need blessings of healing or peace from you. You have neither to offer nor give out.
Operating under different board names?
I don't recall ever interacting with "Templar Kormac" at all.

I choose to end discourse with you because your idea of exchange and debate is to offend and insult in lieu of intelligent and reasonable intercourse.

Interesting, so why did you feel it necessary to employ that very same behavior with me? You're right, name calling in the middle of an argument says you have no argument. Well look at you, my augmented friend, you made your own point. If I recall, you did refer to me as "trash."
I allowed myself to become upset.
It will not happen again.

The states are lashing back at the USSC decision. Eventually they will nullify this, alng with other federal laws. Obama has pushed us to the brink of Civil War.

I love that Rabbi expects to be taken seriously and that the above post is not a bad attempt at humor...he believes it. :lol:

keep-calm-and-clutch-your-pearls.png

There is no law that forces anyone to issue a marriage license.

That's a strawman. Nobody said there was such a law. The issue we are discussing is the hows and wheres of a state withdrawing completely from the act of licensing marriages. It is entirely within the states' powers to cease the practice of requiring a marriage license in order for two people to get married. On the other hand, if the the state's newly crafted mode of entering into legal marriage is 100% dependent on a religious mode, the state's law would run afoul of the constitution.
That is incorrect. The state is not "establishing a religion" as proscribed by the 1A.

According to the Supreme Court: 1) Marriage is a fundamental right, 2) Marriage is a civil contract, 3) Same sex marriage is protected by the 14th amendment's equal protection clause.

If a state restricted the means by which individuals can become married to only a religious method, then such a law would require individual's to partake in religious activity in order to exercise that fundamental right. As such, such a law would violate the 1st amendment. In order to avoid a constitutional conflict, any new laws would have to authorize some non religious persons to perform wedding ceremonies.

The states are lashing back at the USSC decision. Eventually they will nullify this, alng with other federal laws. Obama has pushed us to the brink of Civil War.

I love that Rabbi expects to be taken seriously and that the above post is not a bad attempt at humor...he believes it. :lol:

Gravity
Weak nuclear force
Strong nuclear force
Electromagnetism
Rabbi's stupidity

The five fundamental forces of nature, listed in order from weakest to strongest.

Nope. There's just a strong vein of armageddon fetish running through fringe conservative headjobs. Where they looking for a reason for the US to collapse under Obama. Its like a CEO that leaves a company and desperately wants it to fail...to prove that everything falls apart without him.

Alas, its not happening. And your ilk sure seem disappointed. I've never seen a group root harder and more consistently for the failure of the United States of America.....than fringe right conservatives.

Nope. There's just a strong vein of armageddon fetish running through fringe conservative headjobs.

HETEROSEXUAL headjobs. Get it right.

I've never seen a group root harder and more consistently for the failure of the United States of America.....than fringe right conservatives.

Let's be fair, the fringe left liberals do the exact same thing with the same zeal. People need to stop living on the fringe.

The 90s called? Dude, that's already 40 years beyond you.

How about this: I shall coin a new word for you same-sex marriage advocates. I shall call you a Heterophobe. You are so afraid of straight people with their reproduction and their families and their adherence to moral values. Who knows, you might even be an Anglophobe. In your case, it could be equated to masochism, since most liberals are self-hating white people anyway. I would also suspect that you're an Ameriphobe, since you show nothing but utter disrespect for the country you live in.
I pity you.
Also, you disgust me.

Is that it? Or do you have more cheese to go with that whine?
It's more attention from me than you deserve.
I've suffered enough at the hands of the likes of you.
You cannot touch, or hurt me any longer.
I live well. You are the trash struggling to convince yourself you are worth something. You fight against your self doubt by flailing with balled fists at any who dare to contradict your insular reality by being other than you.
I wish you healing and peace.

Oh Christ, now we have a Jesus complex. If you're gonna nail yourself to the wall, I'll loan you my hammer. que rollingeyes.gif

Maybe being Christian is about more than whining about two boys holding hands. Just a thought....

"Pike County officials haven’t issued marriage licenses in months, and today Probate Judge Wes Allen announced that his office is now permanently out of the marriage business.

“My office discontinued issuing marriage licenses in February and I have no plans to put Pike County back into the marriage business,” Allen wrote in a statement. “The policy of my office regarding marriage is no different today than it was yesterday.”

Apparently the law says they MAY issue marriage licenses, not that they must.

Two counties out of marriage business for good after Supreme Court ruling AL.com

A little bit of history repeating itself...

19570904_Elizabeth_Eckford_at_Little_Rock.jpg

How are you equating a municipality refusing to compromise their faith, with a bunch of 1960's Democrats refusing African-Americans from attending which school they want, from eating at a lunch counter, or from sitting in the front of the bus?

Last I heard, same-sex couples have and have always had those rights.

Are we trying to be a little dramatic or over the top here? You're not doing a good job of convincing me of your position.

The municipality has a faith of it's own? Do their automobiles also have the faith installed when they get their exempt plates?

Not gonna happen.
Already is.
Gov Abbot in TX signed legislation protecting state workers who refuse to issue same sex marriage certificates. Alabama is ceasing to issue marriage licenses. One county in TN has stopped issuing them.
And this is merely 2 days after the USSC decision. Six months from now it will be much worse when legislatures have a chance to pass laws about this.

Already is.
Gov Abbot in TX signed legislation protecting state workers who refuse to issue same sex marriage certificates. Alabama is ceasing to issue marriage licenses. One county in TN has stopped issuing them.
And this is merely 2 days after the USSC decision. Six months from now it will be much worse when legislatures have a chance to pass laws about this.

This is how Rabbi has spent his time since Friday's announcement....

Nile_at_Flood.png

Last edited:
"Pike County officials haven’t issued marriage licenses in months, and today Probate Judge Wes Allen announced that his office is now permanently out of the marriage business.

“My office discontinued issuing marriage licenses in February and I have no plans to put Pike County back into the marriage business,” Allen wrote in a statement. “The policy of my office regarding marriage is no different today than it was yesterday.”

Apparently the law says they MAY issue marriage licenses, not that they must.

Two counties out of marriage business for good after Supreme Court ruling AL.com

A great example of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Forum List

Back