Alabama LSU

Couchpotato

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2021
How do you miss the defender who almost sacks the QB being held by not only his Jersey but his helmet? The refs need to let them play but that’s just a terrible non call.

How do you miss the defender who almost sacks the QB being held by not only his Jersey but his helmet? The refs need to let them play but that’s just a terrible non call.
I'm not watching that game, I'm watching my boys Michigan beat down Rutgers.. up 42-17. You gotta link to the play? I'll give you my unbiased analysis.

I'm not watching that game, I'm watching my boys Michigan beat down Rutgers.. up 42-17. You gotta link to the play? I'll give you my unbiased analysis.

54 from Alabama doing the holding.

Last edited:

54 from Alabama doing the holding.

I'll give you my unbiased opinion (I'm a Big 10 guy, Fck the SEC)

54 probably technically was guilty of something in a tic-tac call, but LSU 40 was falling backwards already to the L before the Bama QB sprinted Right.

It wasn't blatant. I know you want me to jump on your bandwagon, but I'll say it doesn't jump out at me, although if it was called I'd say it's tic-tac but depending on how the game has been called I dunno.

Frustrating either way for you.

What the Top 4 should be:
1. Georgia (Obviously)
2. Michigan (They beat down Rutgers 52-17, and beat Penn St. more than OSU did)
3. OSU (squeaked by 1-7 Northwestern)
4. TCU (Held serve beating Texas Tech)

What the Top 4 will be:
1. Georgia (Obviously)
2. OSU (Because they're OSU and they've had a decade of good play)
3. Michigan

1. Georgia (Obviously)

What the Top 4 will be:
1. Georgia (Obviously)
3. Michigan
And Rutgers is rated? Not since 1933...

1. Georgia (Obviously)

What the Top 4 will be:
1. Georgia (Obviously)
3. Michigan
OSU didn’t look great this week. But it’s the first time they haven’t thus far this year. The wind made it very hard to throw the ball, which is at least part of that.

Whether OSU is ahead or behind Michigan in the rankings that gets sorted out last game of the reg season

OSU didn’t look great this week. But it’s the first time they haven’t thus far this year. The wind made it very hard to throw the ball, which is at least part of that.

Whether OSU is ahead or behind Michigan in the rankings that gets sorted out last game of the reg season
The rankings this week matter, here's why:

Every media source I hear has been saying that Michigan HAS to "win out" to make the playoffs. Well, fair enough, as long as that's consistent for all. But it's not, because a #2 OSU team that loses to a #3 or #4 Michigan team is going to whine and say "WE ONLY HAVE ONE LOSS TO A TOP RANKED TEAM"... and because they were vaulted so high, they might actually succeed... when they weren't qualified for the ranking they had.

Basically, they're given a high ranking so they can fail and still make it with basically the same resume as other teams who don't get such luxuries.

The rankings this week matter, here's why:

Every media source I hear has been saying that Michigan HAS to "win out" to make the playoffs. Well, fair enough, as long as that's consistent for all. But it's not, because a #2 OSU team that loses to a #3 or #4 Michigan team is going to whine and say "WE ONLY HAVE ONE LOSS TO A TOP RANKED TEAM"... and because they were vaulted so high, they might actually succeed... when they weren't qualified for the ranking they had.

Basically, they're given a high ranking so they can fail and still make it with basically the same resume as other teams who don't get such luxuries.
If OSU loses to Michigan they aren’t going to the PO unless a bunch of other teams lose as well. If they played them in the conference championship maybe but thats not happening so.

If OSU loses to Michigan they aren’t going to the PO unless a bunch of other teams lose as well. If they played them in the conference championship maybe but thats not happening so.
I wish I could say you're correct, but given the bias in the CFP and AP, I know that OSU could very well get into the playoffs even if they lose to Michigan.. while if Michigan loses to Ohio State, the claim will be "They had to win to get in".

It's well known. A total Big 10 double standard.. and the Ohio folk are sooooooooo sanctimoneous about it.

OSU seems to be the most suspect of the top ranked teams. I watched part of that game, the weather was terrible but they were outplayed until the 3rd qtr.

OSU seems to be the most suspect of the top ranked teams. I watched part of that game, the weather was terrible but they were outplayed until the 3rd qtr.
I live in Ohio

The amount of claims by merely my own acquaintances that akin to “well, we’ve earned it over the past decade” is alarmingly high if you value a meritocracy.

OSU fans are the Hillary Clinton of college football. A corporate elitist who expects, and sadly gets, preferential treatment

I wish I could say you're correct, but given the bias in the CFP and AP, I know that OSU could very well get into the playoffs even if they lose to Michigan.. while if Michigan loses to Ohio State, the claim will be "They had to win to get in".

It's well known. A total Big 10 double standard.. and the Ohio folk are sooooooooo sanctimoneous about it.
They have never put 2 Big 10 teams in the playoffs nor have they put a non Champ from the big 10 in. They reserve those things for the SEC.

They have never put 2 Big 10 teams in the playoffs nor have they put a non Champ from the big 10 in. They reserve those things for the SEC.
the sec gets big tv ratings....viewers know that put on a quality show....like the tenn vrs alabama game...it was epic even on tv

Forum List

Back