Albert Einstein: Up Close and Personal!

"Find a quotation from a credible scientist that says all was created from nothing.
It is your ignorance of what science brings to the table that is the issue, blah blah blah..."

Whose ignorance????

By now you should realize that you should only open your mouth to change feet!!!

Your ignorance is confirmed.

Au contraire.....the fact that you are a lying sack of offal is confirmed.

You have reduced him to Hollie comments. :lol:

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." - Albert Einstein.

Thanks for responding.

There are at least two things that children possess that seems lost to most adults:

1) Innocence.
2) Open mindedness

If those attributes are positive then there's certainly nothing wrong with being "childlike."

Off to work ... more later.

And it allows them to believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. Charming and endearing, but unsustainable.
Do you think your understanding of "childlike" is what Einstein was trying to convey?
I am quite sure it's not.

Yes. Einstein was humble (as you alluded to in an earlier post). That's to say that he didn't pretend to know things that he didn't really know. I don't know that he ever spent much time attacking the religious beliefs of others. You, on the other hand, find yourself in the religious forums day after day after day after day in an attempt to prove that religion is wrong when you don't really know that it is. Like it or not, Christianity has a lot of power over you and your day to day thought process.

Yes, many children believe what adults tell them but the point is that they are teachable and unhindered by the steal walls built by many adults who reach hard and fast conclusions. like a vast majority of the world's fool brigade has done.

" At least Einstein didn't absolutely rule out God...."

I believe you are being far too moderate in your conclusion.

Einstein definitely believed, he was a believer....and he associated that belief with a particular religion.

Einstein never denied that he was a Jew, nor that he believed in God.

Further, based on the testimony of close friends, he reaffirmed, at least to some degree, his particular faith...his 'Jewishness."

11. Philipp Frank, gifted physicist, and life-long friend of Einstein's, comments in his book "Einstein: His Life and Times," that "The appointment as professor in Prague led Einstein to become a member of the Jewish religious community." Full text of "Einstein His Life And Times"

a. " At this time in Prague there was already a Jewish group who wanted to develop an independent intellectual life among the Jews. ... This group was strongly influenced by the semi-mystical ideas of the Jewish philosopher Martin Buber. They were Zionists, but at that period they paid little attention to practical politics and concerned themselves mainly with art, literature, and philosophy. Einstein was introduced to this group, met Franz Kafka, and became particularly friendly with Hugo Bergmann and Max Brod.
... a youthful group in Prague that attempted to create a Jewish cultural life not based
on orthodox Judaism..."

Ibid.

12. For a description of Einstein during that period, Albrecht Folsing's "Albert Einstein" is quoted as follows by Aczel:
"Further in his book, Folsing says that Einstein was making use of his "re-assumed Jewish 'faith,'" and quotes Einstein saying "I discovered that I was a Jew...and Einstein for the first time, and very decisively avowed his Jewishness."
Aczel, Op.Cit., p. 107.

Interesting, eh?
Folsing states that Einstein embraced the Jewish religion.
I can hear the religion-haters grinding their teeth!

It is clear that Einstein did not believe in a personal God who intervenes in all of the aspects of each individual's life, but it is also clear that Albert Einstein did believe in a superior power responsible for the laws of nature.

This cannot be the views of an atheist.

And Einstein was determined to have a conversation with that superior power, in whom he believed, about those laws.

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." - Albert Einstein.

That is a great quote, dispositive in this discussion.

"You have reduced him to Hollie comments. :lol:"

He must have known what was in store for him....after all, he but "beat" in his name.

He must have known what was in store for him....after all, he but "beat" in his name.

Keep the brilliance coming!

How truly silly. PC and youwerercreated, the two Harun Yahya groupies have a tag team wrestling match at hand.

"Find a quotation from a credible scientist that says all was created from nothing.
It is your ignorance of what science brings to the table that is the issue, blah blah blah..."

Whose ignorance????

By now you should realize that you should only open your mouth to change feet!!!

Hey, dunce!

I just re-read post #35! It was brilliant! It really put you in your place.....that's why you ran away and hid?

Wise move.

No. Sorry.
I actually have a job.
I grant you, tentatively, that you have found some outliers that MAY be saying that nothing can create the universe, although without reading their work I submit this may be a massive misreading of their premises.
But they are outliers nonetheless, and that is why you hysterically celebrate finding them and jump up and down like a pre-schooler in your childish victory dance.
The fact is the science community shares no such hypotheses, which was the point of my post. Though you "blah, blah, blah"-ed your way past this previously, you avoid the fact that science does not arbitrarily fill in blanks to circumvent the unknown, but religion does exactly that.
I recommend you continue to call yourself brilliant, as it is the only time you will ever receive such an accolade.

Last edited:
a. "Before one accepts the support of such “smart scientists” simply because of their vocation, why not question this scientific atheism as merely yet another foolish intellectual fad, successor to academic Marxism, or feminism, or the various doctrines of multicultural tranquility? Could not the rise of militant atheism be a reaction, albeit a cautious- even pusillanimous- one, to the violence of Islamic religiosity?"
David Berlinski, "The Devil's Delusion."

1. Not surprisingly, this is another thread of "quote-mining" that the princess has used to further her fascination with Harun Yahya.

2. So, Princess, I have to ask; does Harun Yahya pay you by the "quote"? If seems your "quote" of the creations charlatan Berlinski is one you've dumped into many other pointless threads you have opened.

3. Like here, for instance:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/280175-omg-science-attacks-religion-print.html

4. Oh, and here, too:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/6893255-post20.html

5. Shall we examine the other instances where Princess has repeatedly dumped "quotes"?

Thanks for responding.

There are at least two things that children possess that seems lost to most adults:

1) Innocence.
2) Open mindedness

If those attributes are positive then there's certainly nothing wrong with being "childlike."

Off to work ... more later.

And it allows them to believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy. Charming and endearing, but unsustainable.
Do you think your understanding of "childlike" is what Einstein was trying to convey?

Yes. Einstein was humble (as you alluded to in an earlier post). That's to say that he didn't pretend to know things that he didn't really know. I don't know that he ever spent much time attacking the religious beliefs of others. You, on the other hand, find yourself in the religious forums day after day after day after day in an attempt to prove that religion is wrong when you don't really know that it is. Like it or not, Christianity has a lot of power over you and your day to day thought process.

Yes, many children believe what adults tell them but the point is that they are teachable and unhindered by the steal walls built by many adults who reach hard and fast conclusions. At least Einstein didn't absolutely rule out God like a vast majority of the world's fool brigade has done.

I spend no time trying to disprove religion. Not my premise. I find them absurd, that's true, but my fun is in dissembling poor argumentation. Einstein and I are on the same page as described in my signature quote. Maybe there is a god, but we have no idea what characteristics that may display, or anything at all about it. We both feel the idea of the personal god is a childlike notion.
The innocence of children and their malleability is why the church focuses so hard on youth. If you don't get them very young, an adult that has not been indoctrinated is a hard nut to crack.
Einstein in essence did rule out God. What he didn't rule out is god.

a. "Before one accepts the support of such “smart scientists” simply because of their vocation, why not question this scientific atheism as merely yet another foolish intellectual fad, successor to academic Marxism, or feminism, or the various doctrines of multicultural tranquility? Could not the rise of militant atheism be a reaction, albeit a cautious- even pusillanimous- one, to the violence of Islamic religiosity?"

1. Not surprisingly, this is another thread of "quote-mining" that the princess has used to further her fascination with Harun Yahya.

2. So, Princess, I have to ask; does Harun Yahya pay you by the "quote"? If seems your "quote" of the creations charlatan Berlinski is one you've dumped into many other pointless threads you have opened.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/religion-and-ethics/280175-omg-science-attacks-religion-print.html

4. Oh, and here, too:

5. Shall we examine the other instances where Princess has repeatedly dumped "quotes"?

She is probably wise to cut and paste. Whenever she goes off the reservation, her own posts seem to always include "typos".

How truly silly. PC and youwerercreated, the two Harun Yahya groupies have a tag team wrestling match at hand.

And,....the moron appears, documenting zero ability to respond to any aspect of the thread.

4. Oh, and here, too:

She is probably wise to cut and paste. Whenever she goes off the reservation, her own posts seem to always include "typos".

Post #35!!!

Did you walk into my fist, or what????

4. Oh, and here, too:

Post #35!!!

Already responded to that.

Post #35!!!

Responded??

No...you ran away from it.

And with good reason! It really rocked you, didn't it!

I have to relive it!

You said:
"Find a quotation from a credible scientist that says all was created from nothing."

And I did!!

A couple of 'em!!!!

And you: "hamina hamina hamina"

I'm still laughing about it!

Yes, many children believe what adults tell them but the point is that they are teachable and unhindered by the steal walls built by many adults who reach hard and fast conclusions. At least Einstein didn't absolutely rule out God like a vast majority of the world's fool brigade has done.

I spend no time trying to disprove religion. Not my premise. I find them absurd, that's true, but my fun is in dissembling poor argumentation. Einstein and I are on the same page as described in my signature quote. Maybe there is a god, but we have no idea what characteristics that may display, or anything at all about it. We both feel the idea of the personal god is a childlike notion.
The innocence of children and their malleability is why the church focuses so hard on youth. If you don't get them very young, an adult that has not been indoctrinated is a hard nut to crack.

Einstein ruled out "God" but not "god?" Note the capital "G" in the following quote:

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)
Albert Einstein: Quotes on God, Religion, Theology

So your assertion is totally untrue and based on your personal opinion.

So far, you've "disassembled" nothing. You can't disassemble what you don't understand. You've already admitted that you aren't sure if God exists or if He doesn't exist. So your starting point or beginning premise, in this particular conversation, is one of confusion and a pure lack of knowledge. You can't say: "you're wrong even though I'm not sure I'm right." That would be insane.

Einstein ruled out "God" but not "god?" Note the capital "G" in the following quote:

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)

So far, you've "disassembled" nothing. You can't disassemble what you don't understand. You've already admitted that you aren't sure if God exists or if He doesn't exist. So your starting point or beginning premise, in this particular conversation, is one of confusion and a pure lack of knowledge. You can't say: "you're wrong even though I'm not sure I'm right." That would be insane.

The irony is you are defending Einstein's vision of god which is at great odds to your own.
My point wasn't whether or not the word was capitalized. It was the nature of his understanding of whatever god might be. Sorry that confused you.

Post #35!!!

Responded??

I have to relive it!

You said:
"Find a quotation from a credible scientist that says all was created from nothing."

And I did!!

A couple of 'em!!!!

I guess you missed the response.
And we are laughing at you.

Responded??

I have to relive it!

You said:

And I did!!

A couple of 'em!!!!

No you're not.

You're just too stupid to be embarrassed.

The irony is you are defending Einstein's vision of god which is at great odds to your own.
My point wasn't whether or not the word was capitalized. It was the nature of his understanding of whatever god might be. Sorry that confused you.

But Einstein didn't rule out a personal God. He just hadn't gotten to a point where he perceived God from that perspective. But regardless of the how one perceives God if the power of God is great and grand in comparison to the minute power of man then there's nothing at all wrong with honoring that God with a capital G.

You failed to address the second part of my post. The part concerning "dismantling" or "disassembling" what you don't understand.

Responded??

I have to relive it!

You said:

And I did!!

A couple of 'em!!!!

No you're not.

You're just too stupid to be embarrassed.
Actually I am very embarrassed, for you.
Why do you need a spirituality in your life to be as hateful as you are? How does one serve the other?

But Einstein didn't rule out a personal God. He just hadn't gotten to a point where he perceived God from that perspective. But regardless of the how one perceives God if the power of God is great and grand in comparison to the minute power of man then there's nothing at all wrong with honoring that God with a capital G.

You failed to address the second part of my post. The part concerning "dismantling" or "disassembling" what you don't understand.

If he didn't rule out a personal god, he sure made the idea untenable to him by calling it childlike.
As I said before, I don't try to expose god as a fallacy. I like to expose poor argumentation. I understand that pretty well.

Forum List

Back