Alito Warns: Defenders of Traditional Marriage Now Risk Being Treated as Bigots by Governments,

No I didn't. Grow up.
You folks are a hoot. Just deny everything, even when it's right in your face.

Hardcore partisan ideologues are blatant liars, zero credibility.

Reminds me of my favorite Monty Python sketch:

This PC thing is rotting your brain. Gay rights are protected by state law and now in the case of marriage by the Constitution.

You lost, get over it.

I agreed with the decision.

Oooooh, sorry!

Your shallow, simplistic, transparent politics are also funny.

Then you admit you're just engaging in off-topic trolling - arguing with people you agree with.

That's not what I said.

And DING!!

As you know, as USMB King of the Dishonest, Straw Man Argument, you are allowed one (1) "That's not what I said" per thread.

You may attempt to communicate with me on another thread, and I will determine at that time whether I will respond.

:biggrin:

I don't need you to respond to keep making you look stupid.

Alito Warns: Defenders of Traditional Marriage Now Risk Being Treated as Bigots by Governments,
CNSnews ^ | 6/26/15 | Terence P. Jeffrey

Posted on ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎22‎:‎11‎ ‎PM by Nachum
(CNSNews.com) - In his dissent from the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, which declared that same-sex marriage is a right, Justice Samuel Alito said the court had falsely likened opposition to same-sex marriage to racism and that its decision “will be used to vilify Americans unwilling to assent to the new orthodoxy.”
Alito warned that in the wake of the court’s ruling, Americans who dare to publicly express views in favor the traditional understanding that marriage is between a man and a woman will risk recrimination.
“I assume that those who cling to old beliefs will be able to whisper their thoughts in the recesses of their homes, but if they repeat those views in public, they will risk being labeled as bigots and treated as such by governments, employers, and schools,” Alito wrote.
“By imposing its own views on the entire country,” he said, “the majority facilitates the marginalization of the many Americans who have traditional ideas.”
Here is a key excerpt from Alito’s dissent:

Pretty soon these bastards will start arresting people that speak our minds. I hate liberals as they're nothing more then fascist.

Hyperbole and hysteria.
Not really. The silencing has begun and will only get worse as time passes. The law is now on the side of those that don't want you to speak. How can the first amendment still stand when we have laws not passed on the words written but rather a judges interpretation of what they actually meant? How can any law stand now as written?

It hasn't done much to shut down your silly yapping.

They are at risk of being treated like bigots because they are.

Noomi, nice to see you again BUT let me point out please that many do not see the attraction of an asshole.

Let's put this on the line here. It's not that people are bigots. It's just that heteros really are not attracted to assholes.

So to try to embrace the gay world is something so foreign to the majority they reject the gay world.

We're talking gay marriage and heteros can't even wrap their brains around that.

Hell's bells ask a poor hetero soul to go thru a "house of dicks" where you have men sucking off men anonymously and you are going to get joe average creeped completely out.

So for crying out loud have some mercy on the poor hetero out there who doesn't "get it". Just because they prefer vaginas shouldn't be a stamp of bigotry.

Why are conservatives so focussed on gay sex? Several of you have posted graphic descriptions of gay sex.

There is a vast difference between anonymous sex and marriage. What gays won this week wasn't the right to go to bathhouses but the right to make a lifetime commitment to the person they love. One would think that heterosexuals can relate to the importance of such a relationship in a person's life.

Your obsession with the lurid details of gay sex, while supposedly being repulsed by it, is creepy.

Noomi, nice to see you again BUT let me point out please that many do not see the attraction of an asshole.

Let's put this on the line here. It's not that people are bigots. It's just that heteros really are not attracted to assholes.

So to try to embrace the gay world is something so foreign to the majority they reject the gay world.

We're talking gay marriage and heteros can't even wrap their brains around that.

Hell's bells ask a poor hetero soul to go thru a "house of dicks" where you have men sucking off men anonymously and you are going to get joe average creeped completely out.

So for crying out loud have some mercy on the poor hetero out there who doesn't "get it". Just because they prefer vaginas shouldn't be a stamp of bigotry.

Nobody is asking them to participate, or sit and watch.

BenneC20150627_low.jpg

No one is asking for straights to embrace it. What they wanted, what they deserved, what they got ... was equal protection of their fundamental rights.

You don't have to embrace it -- but you do have to accept it.
Bullshit. ANyone protesting will be labeled a bigot and a hater and probably prosecuted for expressing that opinion.
Only a diseased mind would believe someone would be prosecuted for expressing such an opinion.

You are so right. We see the brain dead far right at its worst. NYC has Mac on the run. What an uneven contest It's like me and The Rabbi. Poor Rabbi. Guys go read what the SG said in context.

No I didn't. Grow up.
You folks are a hoot. Just deny everything, even when it's right in your face.

Hardcore partisan ideologues are blatant liars, zero credibility.

Reminds me of my favorite Monty Python sketch:

This PC thing is rotting your brain. Gay rights are protected by state law and now in the case of marriage by the Constitution.

You lost, get over it.

I agreed with the decision.

Oooooh, sorry!

Your shallow, simplistic, transparent politics are also funny.

Then you admit you're just engaging in off-topic trolling - arguing with people you agree with.

That's not what I said.

And DING!!

As you know, as USMB King of the Dishonest, Straw Man Argument, you are allowed one (1) "That's not what I said" per thread.

You may attempt to communicate with me on another thread, and I will determine at that time whether I will respond.

:biggrin:

On the one hand you profess to support gay rights, on the other hand you're ragging on the supporters of gay rights as being 'PC Police'.

Short version: you don't know what you're talking about.

Your linked to a biased conservative propaganda site doesn't say what you think it does. When Verrilli said, "I don't deny that," he wasn't speaking about religious colleges being at risk of losing tax exemptions -- he was speaking of it is going to be raised as an issue.

While rightwing Fox hacked up his response in order to dumb down rightwingers, what Verrilli actually said was, "You know, I don’t think I can answer that question without knowing more specifics, but it’s certainly going to be an issue. I don’t deny that. I don’t deny that, Justice Alito. It is –it is going to be an issue."

In reality, the Solicitor General didn't answer the question. Brain-dead righties don't know that because they get their news from Fox, which manipulated Verrilli's response to the question to make it appear as though he didn't deny it.
You're such dishonest turd:

They point to an exchange between Justice Samuel Alito and the administration's top lawyer, Solicitor General Donald Verrilli. Alito asked if, in the event the Supreme Court holds that there is a constitutional right to same-sex marriage, would religious colleges risk losing their tax-exempt status if they continued to advocate for traditional marriage only.

Verrilli responded, "I don't deny that ... It is going to be an issue."

Yes he cannot predict the future. But he doesnt deny that it will be raised and in light of the Court's opinion not only will it be raised but the objections will be sustained and religious colleges will be branded as racists/bigots/homophobes and action will be taken against them.
The homo activvists will stop at nothing to destroy those who disagree with them. Look at Brendon Eich.
If I hold a ball and drop it it does not require rocket science or prophecy to see that it will hit the ground.

The country has divided just a little bit more. Less and less reason to pretend that this is still the United States.

Why are conservatives so focussed on gay sex? Several of you have posted graphic descriptions of gay sex.

There is a vast difference between anonymous sex and marriage. What gays won this week wasn't the right to go to bathhouses but the right to make a lifetime commitment to the person they love. One would think that heterosexuals can relate to the importance of such a relationship in a person's life.

Your obsession with the lurid details of gay sex, while supposedly being repulsed by it, is creepy.
Mp pme ever denied anyone the ability to make a lifelong commitment. Another lie by the Left.

You are so right. We see the brain dead far right at its worst. NYC has Mac on the run. What an uneven contest It's like me and The Rabbi. Poor Rabbi. Guys go read what the SG said in context.
Yes, Jake. Every exchange between us is like Albert Einstein (me) vs a retarded chimpanzee (you). That's why you're on Ignore.

Mp pme ever denied anyone the ability to make a lifelong commitment. Another lie by the Left.

Civil marriage is a legal commitment. Gays were denied that.

The country has divided just a little bit more. Less and less reason to pretend that this is still the United States.

You can take your unpatriotic ass to some other country if you don't like it. We don't need unpatriotic people here anyway.

Yes, Jake. Every exchange between us is like Albert Einstein (me) vs a retarded chimpanzee (you). That's why you're on Ignore.
:lol: That shows just how you are foolish. Silly boy.

All the SG said is that yes it could be a tax issue. Yes it will be an issue just like Bob Jones University's racist policies were a tax issue.
You're such a dishonest turd. If they lose their tax status they essentially cease to exist.
But at least you admit Jake is wrong and I wasnt lying when the SG admitted this.

Civil marriage is a legal commitment. Gays were denied that.
You are a dishonest turd. The claim was they were denied the ability to make a lifetime committment. That is wrong.

Forum List

Back