🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Alito Warns: Defenders of Traditional Marriage Now Risk Being Treated as Bigots by Governments,

Alito Warns: Defenders of Traditional Marriage Now Risk Being Treated as Bigots by Governments,
CNSnews ^ | 6/26/15 | Terence P. Jeffrey

Posted on ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎22‎:‎11‎ ‎PM by Nachum
(CNSNews.com) - In his dissent from the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, which declared that same-sex marriage is a right, Justice Samuel Alito said the court had falsely likened opposition to same-sex marriage to racism and that its decision “will be used to vilify Americans unwilling to assent to the new orthodoxy.”
Alito warned that in the wake of the court’s ruling, Americans who dare to publicly express views in favor the traditional understanding that marriage is between a man and a woman will risk recrimination.
“I assume that those who cling to old beliefs will be able to whisper their thoughts in the recesses of their homes, but if they repeat those views in public, they will risk being labeled as bigots and treated as such by governments, employers, and schools,” Alito wrote.
“By imposing its own views on the entire country,” he said, “the majority facilitates the marginalization of the many Americans who have traditional ideas.”
Here is a key excerpt from Alito’s dissent:

Pretty soon these bastards will start arresting people that speak our minds. I hate liberals as they're nothing more then fascist.

Alito (and you) are both idiots (well, to be fair, within your ilk there's a lot of idiots)

Recognizing same sex marriages is NOT the end of the world....and here's why.

As of 26 June 2015, eighteen countries (Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark,France, Iceland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, the United States and Uruguay) and certain sub-jurisdictions recognize the performance of same-sex marriage ceremonies.

Bigoted religious beliefs are not sacrosanct.
Great illustration of my point, thanks.

I can see you saying that as you punish her.

Discrimination in business is punishable by the law of the land we live in.
Yes, you folks choose to miss my point a lot on this one.

There are also things that are punishable by law that you folks somehow don't care about.

What I care or don't care about has nothing to do with whether someone else's actions are legal or illegal.
I see.

What I care or don't care about has nothing to do with whether someone else's actions are legal or illegal.

Your words.

Would it be safe to assume, then, that if you (a) encountered someone you think is an illegal alien or (b) saw someone illegally smoking a joint, that you would race to your cell phone and call 9-1-1 to make them pay the "consequences"?

Yes?

WTF? I can be driving right at the speed limit and cars and trucks go flying past me like I'm sitting still. Do I write down every license plate?

Do you?

WTF?

i am still befuddled over how a guy can date another guy? what do they do? buy an inflatable female doll?
Why is it that "heteros" think so much about gay sex?
now all of those preists have to figure out what to say to the couples at the end of the ceremony. do you take this man to be your wife? do you take this woman to be your husband? do you take this unisexed individual to be your bi-gender partner?

The Episcopalian wedding script offers husband/wife/spouse as the choice of wording.

Kind of a 'duh' you couldn't figure out, eh?

Here, read the whole thing, it'll at least keep you from saying something else stupid for a few minutes...

http://diocal.org/sites/default/files/media/PDF Docs/2013-10-7_I_will_bless_you_and_you_wil_be_a_blessing_DioCal.pdf

Great illustration of my point, thanks.

I can see you saying that as you punish her.

There are also things that are punishable by law that you folks somehow don't care about.

I see.

Your words.

Would it be safe to assume, then, that if you (a) encountered someone you think is an illegal alien or (b) saw someone illegally smoking a joint, that you would race to your cell phone and call 9-1-1 to make them pay the "consequences"?

Yes?

WTF? I can be driving right at the speed limit and cars and trucks go flying past me like I'm sitting still. Do I write down every license plate?

Do you?

WTF?
Yeah, I wasn't expecting a straight answer.

And of course, you avoided my question completely and addressed a question I had not asked. What a shock.

I wish you folks could just be honest, it really isn't that difficult.

You lied. And that's no surprise.

And then you folks whine when I don't go out my way to communicate with you (Can PC be eradicated in our Lifetimes Page 24 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum page 24 on).

Last edited:

I see.

Your words.

Yes?

Do you?

WTF?
Yeah, I wasn't expecting a straight answer.

And of course, you avoided my question completely and addressed a question I had not asked. What a shock.

I wish you folks could just be honest, it really isn't that difficult.

You lied. And that's no surprise.

And then you folks whine when I don't go out my way to communicate with you (Can PC be eradicated in our Lifetimes Page 24 US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum page 24 on).

The answers are 'no' and 'no'. Which is what my other answer conveyed if you had a brain.

Happy now?

(CNSNews.com) - In his dissent from the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, which declared that same-sex marriage is a right, Justice Samuel Alito said the court had falsely likened opposition to same-sex marriage to racism and that its decision “will be used to vilify Americans unwilling to assent to the new orthodoxy.”
Alito warned that in the wake of the court’s ruling, Americans who dare to publicly express views in favor the traditional understanding that marriage is between a man and a woman will risk recrimination.
“I assume that those who cling to old beliefs will be able to whisper their thoughts in the recesses of their homes, but if they repeat those views in public, they will risk being labeled as bigots and treated as such by governments, employers, and schools,” Alito wrote.
“By imposing its own views on the entire country,” he said, “the majority facilitates the marginalization of the many Americans who have traditional ideas.”

Pretty soon these bastards will start arresting people that speak our minds. I hate liberals as they're nothing more then fascist.

Alito is a Citizens United radical who never should have been confirmed to SCOTUS. Sane people are indifferent to his radicalism. He's like Ted Cruz in a robe.

What alito is saying is that the court has now put its imprimatur on divisiveness and a climate where religious freedom will constantly be challenged by gay activists who will consider people of faith bigots. He is correctly predicting the path this decision will lead us down. You are smarter,than this coyote. What happens not just to the baker, the florist, or the photographer but to the church who has tax exempt status that refuses to marry gay couples because of its religious beliefs? Or what happens to a church that doesn't believe in homosexuality when a gay priest applies for a job there. What happens to the catholic school that doesn't observe gay pride day or doesn't allow exhibits of homosexuality to be displayed on campus? How many religious affiliated entities,won't be able to get insurance because of their beliefs. What if someone of faith applies for a grant? The far left activists are squealing with glee over all the new opportunities now to dismantle American culture, traditions, family, and society.

And while many on this board refuse to acknowledge the steady stream of brainwashing and propaganda that passes for education in our schools about subjects like this let me quote a soccer mom in Virginia where the school system has just mandated gender identity classes for seventh and eighth graders. This was on fox and friends this morning, she said ignorance breeds hate and these children need to learn about these different lifestyles. This,is an offshoot of the gay marriage debates and it shows once again how the left wants to get to young people to program them on what to think, on group think, on if you disagree you are a bigot and you don't want to be a bigot. Dissent is not allowed, free thinking is not allowed, and a nation of politically correct drones and sheep are being created to serve the prime directive.

Alito, Thomas, Scalia, and Roberts are telling us that freedom, liberty, and the constitution have taken a hit with this decision and they are right.

"Traditional marriage". Is that the one where a man marries a woman, fucks around on her, then divorces her, and they fight in child custody court for ten years, and still get to take Communion on Sundays?

TINYDANCER SAID:

“But I am sick to death of the heterophobia ok? Everyone just linking anyone one who isn't 100 percent ready to be a flower boy at a wedding as a homophobic asshole.”

Nonsense.

You're 'sick to death' of something that doesn't exist.

Those who have religious or personal objections to same-sex couples accessing marriage law are at liberty to express those objections with impunity, where such objections are perceived to be neither 'homophobia' nor 'bigotry.'

The issue concerns efforts to disadvantage gay Americans through force of law by denying them their due process and equal protection rights motivated solely be animus toward same-sex couples, efforts that indeed manifest as bigotry and hate.

Moreover, it's perfectly appropriate and consistent to have religious or personal objections to same-sex couples accessing marriage law while at the same time recognizing that as a fact of law they may indeed do so.

"Traditional marriage". Is that the one where a man marries a woman, fucks around on her, then divorces her, and they fight in child custody court for ten years, and still get to take Communion on Sundays?

Yep, that's about it. Why deprive LGBTs of that same wonderful experience...

Aww ... poor, baby ...

6a00d8341c6d1d53ef0147e0bfbec1970b-300wi

"Alito Warns: Defenders of Traditional Marriage Now Risk Being Treated as Bigots by Governments"

This fails as a slippery slope fallacy – one would think a jurist trained in the law would understand and avoid logical fallacies.

This is also unfounded demagoguery and fear-mongering.

I remember that old slippery slope argument about abortion. You see way way back when it was to provide women who had suffered being raped or a victim of incest.

We argued that the slippery slope would lead it to become a method of birth control.

OMG. We were right.

That slippery slope now leads to a bitch **** from hell to testify in front of the Florida State legislature that as a rep from Planned Parenthood she believed that a baby born alive was not really alive unless the mother and the doctor deemed the child alive.

Oh there is never a slippery slope is there?
The slippery slope will lead to polygamy no doubt, but I think it stops there. Pedophiles won't get wish. Neither will people who want to marry animals.
More unfounded demagoguery and fear-mongering.

'Polygamy' has nothing whatsoever to do with Obergefell, the issues are completely unrelated.

Same-sex couples are eligible to enter into marriage contracts, three or more persons, not.

Same-sex couples were eligible to enter into marriage contracts before yesterday's ruling, which held that the states were wrong to deny gay Americans access to marriage law, which violated the 14th Amendment.

Three or more persons who wish to marry have no grounds to file a lawsuit or make a legal claim, one cannot be 'discriminated against' by being denied access to a law that doesn't exist.

What alito is saying is that the court has now put its imprimatur on divisiveness and a climate where religious freedom will constantly be challenged by gay activists who will consider people of faith bigots. He is correctly predicting the path this decision will lead us down. You are smarter,than this coyote. What happens not just to the baker, the florist, or the photographer but to the church who has tax exempt status that refuses to marry gay couples because of its religious beliefs? Or what happens to a church that doesn't believe in homosexuality when a gay priest applies for a job there. What happens to the catholic school that doesn't observe gay pride day or doesn't allow exhibits of homosexuality to be displayed on campus? How many religious affiliated entities,won't be able to get insurance because of their beliefs. What if someone of faith applies for a grant? The far left activists are squealing with glee over all the new opportunities now to dismantle American culture, traditions, family, and society.

And while many on this board refuse to acknowledge the steady stream of brainwashing and propaganda that passes for education in our schools about subjects like this let me quote a soccer mom in Virginia where the school system has just mandated gender identity classes for seventh and eighth graders. This was on fox and friends this morning, she said ignorance breeds hate and these children need to learn about these different lifestyles. This,is an offshoot of the gay marriage debates and it shows once again how the left wants to get to young people to program them on what to think, on group think, on if you disagree you are a bigot and you don't want to be a bigot. Dissent is not allowed, free thinking is not allowed, and a nation of politically correct drones and sheep are being created to serve the prime directive.

Alito, Thomas, Scalia, and Roberts are telling us that freedom, liberty, and the constitution have taken a hit with this decision and they are right.
It's not too late for you to flee.

The idea the straight marriage needs to be "defended" is a complete fallacy. Heterosexual marriage isn't under attack so there is nothing to defend.

People will get married according to their nature. Straights will marry members of the opposite sex and gays will marry other gays.

What will change is that gays can have the same rights under the law regarding their families that married heterosexuals have: being considered their partner's next of kin in matters of healthcare and inheritance.

I hope that the public expression of homophobia becomes as socially unacceptable as public expression of racial hatred. To hate someone because of their differences is odious.

"I hope that the public expression of homophobia becomes as socially unacceptable as public expression of racial hatred. To hate someone because of their differences is odious.

Disagreeing with is not hate.
The intolerance of the Left is odius at best and disgusting at worst.

Disagreeing can lead to hate, and there is a lot of hate out there from holy rollers and neocons over this.

Well, why wouldn't the left be intolerant. The right have been intolerant forever on the subject....

The divisiveness of the far right is the greatest fracture in the history of America since the Civil War. They are the most divisive generation in 150 years.

You whiners think the center of America is tough on you?

The millennials in ten years will abandon you and put you in old folks homes or in the street if you keep yapping.

This is over.

what a bunch of crybaby losers. Wow...the fucking butthurt is really just starting to get really sad now.

I'm also hopeful that those who have won will be gracious winners. I doubt that they will, but I will remain hopeful.

They already have been. It's the infants like Sil who are peeing their beds. The rest of the country is only too happy to move on down the road and fix some freaking bridges...
Oh, I strongly suspect that if some little lady in some little town doesn't want to bake a cake due to her religious convictions, the PC Police will lay into her with the full force of the law and destroy her.

They won't have to, they will choose to.

and here we go!

Forum List

Back