🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Alito Warns: Defenders of Traditional Marriage Now Risk Being Treated as Bigots by Governments,

Alito Warns: Defenders of Traditional Marriage Now Risk Being Treated as Bigots by Governments,
CNSnews ^ | 6/26/15 | Terence P. Jeffrey

Posted on ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎22‎:‎11‎ ‎PM by Nachum
(CNSNews.com) - In his dissent from the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, which declared that same-sex marriage is a right, Justice Samuel Alito said the court had falsely likened opposition to same-sex marriage to racism and that its decision “will be used to vilify Americans unwilling to assent to the new orthodoxy.”
Alito warned that in the wake of the court’s ruling, Americans who dare to publicly express views in favor the traditional understanding that marriage is between a man and a woman will risk recrimination.
“I assume that those who cling to old beliefs will be able to whisper their thoughts in the recesses of their homes, but if they repeat those views in public, they will risk being labeled as bigots and treated as such by governments, employers, and schools,” Alito wrote.
“By imposing its own views on the entire country,” he said, “the majority facilitates the marginalization of the many Americans who have traditional ideas.”
Here is a key excerpt from Alito’s dissent:

Pretty soon these bastards will start arresting people that speak our minds. I hate liberals as they're nothing more then fascist.

So you're condemning liberals for something they haven't done nor even proposed doing. But you imagine they will.

Um....do we even need to be here for this? As there's really nothing to your argument but you condemning your own imagination.

They are projecting their own behaviors

Next up. People who are in traditional marriages treated as bigots. Nothing says "not gay" as loud as being in a traditional marriage. It is a categorical rejection of homosexuality.

(CNSNews.com) - In his dissent from the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, which declared that same-sex marriage is a right, Justice Samuel Alito said the court had falsely likened opposition to same-sex marriage to racism and that its decision “will be used to vilify Americans unwilling to assent to the new orthodoxy.”
Alito warned that in the wake of the court’s ruling, Americans who dare to publicly express views in favor the traditional understanding that marriage is between a man and a woman will risk recrimination.
“I assume that those who cling to old beliefs will be able to whisper their thoughts in the recesses of their homes, but if they repeat those views in public, they will risk being labeled as bigots and treated as such by governments, employers, and schools,” Alito wrote.
“By imposing its own views on the entire country,” he said, “the majority facilitates the marginalization of the many Americans who have traditional ideas.”

Pretty soon these bastards will start arresting people that speak our minds. I hate liberals as they're nothing more then fascist.
I'm hopeful this will now die down and we can get on with our freakin' lives. This has never been a big topic to me and I'm fine with it.

I'm also hopeful that those who have won will be gracious winners. I doubt that they will, but I will remain hopeful.

"Alito Warns: Defenders of Traditional Marriage Now Risk Being Treated as Bigots by Governments"

This fails as a slippery slope fallacy – one would think a jurist trained in the law would understand and avoid logical fallacies.

This is also unfounded demagoguery and fear-mongering.

Absolutely not. Nilhilism knows no bounds.

I'm also hopeful that those who have won will be gracious winners. I doubt that they will, but I will remain hopeful.

They already have been. It's the infants like Sil who are peeing their beds. The rest of the country is only too happy to move on down the road and fix some freaking bridges...

Traditional marriage is between the two creators of the child. They care for that child and work together to make that children into a respectable adult.

Faggot marriage can't do that.
So......those who do not have children are not married?

They already have been. It's the infants like Sil who are peeing their beds. The rest of the country is only too happy to move on down the road and fix some freaking bridges...
Oh, I strongly suspect that if some little lady in some little town doesn't want to bake a cake due to her religious convictions, the PC Police will lay into her with the full force of the law and destroy her.

They won't have to, they will choose to.

Alito should know better

It's all just marriage now. If you don't approve of someone else's marriage because it is interracial, the wrong religion or wrong sex that is your own problem

That's what they did in Canada. Although gays here might try to prohibit heterosexual marriage unless it is three people and at least one homosexual.

lol, why would prohibiting heterosexual marriage be any more bigoted than prohibiting gay marriage? Two sides of the same coin.

i am still befuddled over how a guy can date another guy? what do they do? buy an inflatable female doll?
Why is it that "heteros" think so much about gay sex?
now all of those preists have to figure out what to say to the couples at the end of the ceremony. do you take this man to be your wife? do you take this woman to be your husband? do you take this unisexed individual to be your bi-gender partner?

Oh, I strongly suspect that if some little lady in some little town doesn't want to bake a cake due to her religious convictions, the PC Police will lay into her with the full force of the law and destroy her.

They won't have to, they will choose to.

Bigoted religious beliefs are not sacrosanct.

How did Republicans respond when homosexuals started asking for marriage rights?

Did they patiently listen to their arguments and encourage them to utilize the constitutional process?

No, they passed DOMA, pushed laws and Constitutional amendments banning civil unions and gay marriage

Now that the tide has turned, they whimper about how abused they are

Did You Know?

Did you know there were people who considered their own healthy limbs foreign objects that need to be removed? The sufferers feel they would be happier living as an amputee. These people consider themselves disabled. It is known as, or called Body Alignment Integrity Disorder.

Did you know there are people who make themselves sick or play sick for attention? They often tell elaborate stories about medical complications, visit hospitals, tamper with their medications, and inflict harm upon themselves for attention. It is known as, or called Factitious Disorder.

Did you know that there are people who deliberately pass their fecal particles from one source to another source for physical pleasure? This process may be simple or involve multiple steps. This is known as, or called Fecal-Oral transmission.

Did you know there are people who have an obsession with pulling out hair? They constantly pull out bodyhair, eyebrows, and eyelashes. They only reach relief when they’ve done it. This is known, as or called Trichotillomania.

What do they all have in common? Although they all constitute a “special minority status” and no more than 2% of the population exhibits any one of these behaviors, they are all now considered to be acceptable. What apparently is not acceptable behavior is the idea of encouraging these people to seek psychological treatment; this only marks the encourager as either un-sympathetic, lacking compassion, or an intolerant bigot.

how about individuals who fall in love with the bigfoot that lives in their back yards? can we now marry sasquatch?

Alito's ignorance of Traditional Marriage speaks volumes. And bigotry simply means intolerance, and by any metric the number of posts by board conservatives proves a high level of intolerance in the set that claims to be for freedom and individual liberty.

What is traditional marriage?
  • Arraigned by the parents
  • Polygamy
  • (to) consolidate power
  • (for) business purposes
  • (for) economic security
  • (because of ) Pregnancy
  • (need for) Sexual Intimacy
  • Romantic love

Traditional marriage is between the two creators of the child. They care for that child and work together to make that children into a respectable adult.

Faggot marriage can't do that.

Oh look, the guy who calls gays 'faggots' is righteously indignant at the possibility someone might think of him as a bigot.

Forum List

Back