🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Alito Warns: Defenders of Traditional Marriage Now Risk Being Treated as Bigots by Governments,

Idiotic 6 years ago would have been the government forcing you to purchase something you don't want or need. That happened. Idiotic would have been the actual wording of a law not being the actual meaning of that written law. It's now happened twice. Idiotic would have been a man claiming to be a woman or a white woman claiming to be black yet here we are. Idiotic would have been gay is equal to marriage. Idiotic is now normal.

No, it isn't. Idiotic is not normal and will never be normal, no matter how much leftists bleat that it is. They are wrong.
We are now living under idiotic. Through the force of law. Can we back this stupid up within the law or not is the question.

Alito Warns: Defenders of Traditional Marriage Now Risk Being Treated as Bigots by Governments,
CNSnews ^ | 6/26/15 | Terence P. Jeffrey

Posted on ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎22‎:‎11‎ ‎PM by Nachum
(CNSNews.com) - In his dissent from the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, which declared that same-sex marriage is a right, Justice Samuel Alito said the court had falsely likened opposition to same-sex marriage to racism and that its decision “will be used to vilify Americans unwilling to assent to the new orthodoxy.”
Alito warned that in the wake of the court’s ruling, Americans who dare to publicly express views in favor the traditional understanding that marriage is between a man and a woman will risk recrimination.
“I assume that those who cling to old beliefs will be able to whisper their thoughts in the recesses of their homes, but if they repeat those views in public, they will risk being labeled as bigots and treated as such by governments, employers, and schools,” Alito wrote.
“By imposing its own views on the entire country,” he said, “the majority facilitates the marginalization of the many Americans who have traditional ideas.”
Here is a key excerpt from Alito’s dissent:

Pretty soon these bastards will start arresting people that speak our minds. I hate liberals as they're nothing more then fascist.

Hyperbole and hysteria.

And I call bullshit on you. There is a certain segment of the gay community that has a mega hard on for joe average breeders. This happy dancey everyone is like Elton John bullshit is a joke.

Get a grip.

Every group has it's fringe element - wither it's that certain segment of the gay community or a certain segment of the hetero community that has a hard on for gay people who simply want to celebrate a commitment to their life partnership.

Get a grip.

(CNSNews.com) - In his dissent from the Supreme Court’s 5-4 decision in Obergefell v. Hodges, which declared that same-sex marriage is a right, Justice Samuel Alito said the court had falsely likened opposition to same-sex marriage to racism and that its decision “will be used to vilify Americans unwilling to assent to the new orthodoxy.”
Alito warned that in the wake of the court’s ruling, Americans who dare to publicly express views in favor the traditional understanding that marriage is between a man and a woman will risk recrimination.
“I assume that those who cling to old beliefs will be able to whisper their thoughts in the recesses of their homes, but if they repeat those views in public, they will risk being labeled as bigots and treated as such by governments, employers, and schools,” Alito wrote.
“By imposing its own views on the entire country,” he said, “the majority facilitates the marginalization of the many Americans who have traditional ideas.”

Pretty soon these bastards will start arresting people that speak our minds. I hate liberals as they're nothing more then fascist.

Hyperbole and hysteria.
Not really. The silencing has begun and will only get worse as time passes. The law is now on the side of those that don't want you to speak. How can the first amendment still stand when we have laws not passed on the words written but rather a judges interpretation of what they actually meant? How can any law stand now as written?

Hyperbole and hysteria.
Not really. The silencing has begun and will only get worse as time passes. The law is now on the side of those that don't want you to speak. How can the first amendment still stand when we have laws not passed on the words written but rather a judges interpretation of what they actually meant? How can any law stand now as written?

Hyperbole and Hysteria.

Were people silenced when the laws prohibiting marriage between blacks and whites struck down?

That's idiotic.
As well as being delusional, paranoid, and completely without foundation.

The idea the straight marriage needs to be "defended" is a complete fallacy. Heterosexual marriage isn't under attack so there is nothing to defend.

People will get married according to their nature. Straights will marry members of the opposite sex and gays will marry other gays.

What will change is that gays can have the same rights under the law regarding their families that married heterosexuals have: being considered their partner's next of kin in matters of healthcare and inheritance.

I hope that the public expression of homophobia becomes as socially unacceptable as public expression of racial hatred. To hate someone because of their differences is odious.

When are you going to mount the attacks against Islam. Just wondering?

Right after you do. See you there

Hyperbole and hysteria.

And I call bullshit on you. There is a certain segment of the gay community that has a mega hard on for joe average breeders. This happy dancey everyone is like Elton John bullshit is a joke.

Get a grip.

Every group has it's fringe element - wither it's that certain segment of the gay community or a certain segment of the hetero community that has a hard on for gay people who simply want to celebrate a commitment to their life partnership.

Get a grip.

I rarely say this to someone I normally agree with on a variety of issues.

Let me say this now. And let me make this very clear. Go fuck yourself if you are going to judge me on one comment.

Up here I fought for gay rights on many levels. When I left my first husband and those who have followed me thru the years on various boards can attest to this life of mine, I ended up back in TO in a very gay world called Isabella. :lol: Oh it was awesome.

An old friend of mine from Hamilton just happened to be the landlord of one of THE most hottest apartment buildings in Toronto (all true art deco I even had a small fireplace) and it was gay central. It was fabulous. I could go dancing at Davids, never get hit on, share make up and clothes (I was working at Le Chateau at the time) be straight and still be cool. AND everyone helped me out because in the early 70's you see, I was as estranged from the normal world as my friends because to be a divorcee was to be a ..................fill in the blank.

One woman told me straight out before a date with her son that was a mega soccer player in Toronto at the time that she wished death on me because I was a divorced woman with a child and I would never be allowed to marry her son.

HEY. IT WAS REALLY THAT WAY.

And come on here. I was in the music business for crying out loud. Geeze louise the movers and the shakers up here were two of the biggest gays on the planet that helped me out every step of the way. RPM and the Junos were founded by them. Walt and Stan.

Do I believe in gay marriage? I'm on my third marriage as a hetero. Finally found my soul mate.

I'm happy if one person just finds another and wants to make a commitment. And I have personally known many in the LGBT community that have kept it real with or without the ring over many a year.

I'm going to let Jehovah figure out the rest.

But I am sick to death of the heterophobia ok? Everyone just linking anyone one who isn't 100 percent ready to be a flower boy at a wedding as a homophobic asshole.

There's a lot of shades of grey out here and a lot of people trying to understand and having one step in faith and recognizing their humanity as well.

The idea the straight marriage needs to be "defended" is a complete fallacy. Heterosexual marriage isn't under attack so there is nothing to defend.

People will get married according to their nature. Straights will marry members of the opposite sex and gays will marry other gays.

What will change is that gays can have the same rights under the law regarding their families that married heterosexuals have: being considered their partner's next of kin in matters of healthcare and inheritance.

I hope that the public expression of homophobia becomes as socially unacceptable as public expression of racial hatred. To hate someone because of their differences is odious.

Anytime you want to join me. I really do work a serious number against Islamic rage against women and especially the LGBT community in Europe.

Let me know. I live 10 months of winter and two months of bad skating so I have a couple of causes I am really dedicated to.

"Alito Warns: Defenders of Traditional Marriage Now Risk Being Treated as Bigots by Governments"

This fails as a slippery slope fallacy – one would think a jurist trained in the law would understand and avoid logical fallacies.

This is also unfounded demagoguery and fear-mongering.

I remember that old slippery slope argument about abortion. You see way way back when it was to provide women who had suffered being raped or a victim of incest.

We argued that the slippery slope would lead it to become a method of birth control.

OMG. We were right.

That slippery slope now leads to a bitch **** from hell to testify in front of the Florida State legislature that as a rep from Planned Parenthood she believed that a baby born alive was not really alive unless the mother and the doctor deemed the child alive.

Oh there is never a slippery slope is there?
The slippery slope will lead to polygamy no doubt, but I think it stops there. Pedophiles won't get wish. Neither will people who want to marry animals.

Hyperbole and hysteria.

Get a grip.

Get a grip.

Let me say this now. And let me make this very clear. Go fuck yourself if you are going to judge me on one comment.

Up here I fought for gay rights on many levels. When I left my first husband and those who have followed me thru the years on various boards can attest to this life of mine, I ended up back in TO in a very gay world called Isabella. :lol: Oh it was awesome.

An old friend of mine from Hamilton just happened to be the landlord of one of THE most hottest apartment buildings in Toronto (all true art deco I even had a small fireplace) and it was gay central. It was fabulous. I could go dancing at Davids, never get hit on, share make up and clothes (I was working at Le Chateau at the time) be straight and still be cool. AND everyone helped me out because in the early 70's you see, I was as estranged from the normal world as my friends because to be a divorcee was to be a ..................fill in the blank.

One woman told me straight out before a date with her son that was a mega soccer player in Toronto at the time that she wished death on me because I was a divorced woman with a child and I would never be allowed to marry her son.

And come on here. I was in the music business for crying out loud. Geeze louise the movers and the shakers up here were two of the biggest gays on the planet that helped me out every step of the way. RPM and the Junos were founded by them. Walt and Stan.

Do I believe in gay marriage? I'm on my third marriage as a hetero. Finally found my soul mate.

I'm happy if one person just finds another and wants to make a commitment. And I have personally known many in the LGBT community that have kept it real with or without the ring over many a year.

But I am sick to death of the heterophobia ok? Everyone just linking anyone one who isn't 100 percent ready to be a flower boy at a wedding as a homophobic asshole.

There's a lot of shades of grey out here and a lot of people trying to understand and having one step in faith and recognizing their humanity as well.

Sheesh - you're taking it awfully seriously.

First of all - since when is recognizing marriage as a fundamental right that includes same sex couples "heterophobia"? Who have I called a homophobic asshole?

I just think it's fine and about time that we recognize marriage as a fundamental right.

Anytime you want to join me. I really do work a serious number against Islamic rage against women and especially the LGBT community in Europe.

Let me know. I live 10 months of winter and two months of bad skating so I have a couple of causes I am really dedicated to.

Count me in. Do you live in Canada? I live in PA and we have winter for 9 months a year. lol.

People who favor traditional marriage...defined as between one man and one woman of the same race and religion... Have been called bigots for decades now.

Hyperbole and hysteria.

Get a grip.

Get a grip.

Sheesh - you're taking it awfully seriously.

First of all - since when is recognizing marriage as a fundamental right that includes same sex couples "heterophobia"? Who have I called a homophobic asshole?

I just think it's fine and about time that we recognize marriage as a fundamental right.

You bet I'm taking it seriously. But Coyote for crying out loud get a grip. I took the time to explain myself to you BECAUSE I actually care about your opinion.

:)

What we have going on here are sane voices being drowned out. When we were going for gay marriage here we didn't have the issue of states vs feds.

sheesh I wish more people would understand what the real battle is for you guys down south and what a tight rope you are walking.

BY the way we are still alive and kicking up here in conservative Canada land with gay marriage and gay rights.

No one to my knowledge has married a goat. We are cool.

Count me in. Do you live in Canada? I live in PA and we have winter for 9 months a year. lol.

Yuppers. This year I'm hoping to extend my reach to include specific girls schools in Afghanistan that are protected. A couple of other dreams I hope to come true. I've done this for twenty years now and finally getting enough support to make a difference.

Yuppers. This year I'm hoping to extend my reach to include specific girls schools in Afghanistan that are protected. A couple of other dreams I hope to come true. I've done this for twenty years now and finally getting enough support to make a difference.

I love me some Canada! It sounds like you do good work and I wish you all the best. Cheers! I

So you're condemning liberals for something they haven't done nor even proposed doing. But you imagine they will.

Um....do we even need to be here for this? As there's really nothing to your argument but you condemning your own imagination.

Attention, bigots and homophobes, fuck you. You're moaning and bigotry has failed, I'm quite happy my neighbors who happen to be gay that have been together for decades can finally get married where I live.

And just who has been attacking who with the most vile crap , the wingnuts are running out of groups to hate publically

Forum List

Back