All 9 Supreme Court justices push back on oversight

My oh my! I wonder what the left think about this. Apparently all 9 justices, which includes the staunch liberals, aren't in favor of SC oversight.

There's no conservative-liberal divide on the U.S. Supreme Court when it comes to calls for a new, enforceable ethics code.

All nine justices, in a rare step, on Tuesday released a joint statement reaffirming their voluntary adherence to a general code of conduct but rebutting proposals for independent oversight, mandatory compliance with ethics rules and greater transparency in cases of recusal.

What do I think about it? I disagree with them....all nine of them. There should be oversight for sure.

Rules...Rules...

SCOTUS judges make the rules, they don't have to follow any rules....

They are the S-U-P-R-E-M-E court - no rules for them!!!

Dem douchebags continue their efforts to RIG the SCOTUS. To get something they can use to threaten them into ruling in favor of the liberal world view, control the court's decisions.
That has been the M.O. of the left for some time. They are bypassing the people's elected representatives who won't or can't do their bidding, and use the courts instead. If this trend continues without any pushback from freedom loving people, it won't be long before they have the totalitarian government they are trying to establish so they will have the total power to silence, rule, punish, murder anybody who offends or displeases them.

Most of those on social media or message boards or talking heads on You Tube, TV etc. who are aiding and abetting them by spreading their propaganda and doing what they can to silence or cancel any who oppose that won't like what they get at all. But then it will be too late.

What could possibly go wrong with the most powerful 9 people in the country having zero oversight.

This is your authoritarian wet dream come true.
What's been going wrong over the last few decades is both parties abusing their power for political purposes, claiming they have oversight power.

He has violated reporting requirements MULTIPLE times. He has had an entirely inappropriate relationship with a billionaire.

If one of the liberal judges had a similar relationship with George Soros, all of your head would explode.

What part of High Crimes and MISDEMEANORS do you not understand?
Isn't leaving Walmart and accidentally forgetting to pay for a candy bar a misdemeanor?

The Supreme Court relies on the publics confidence.

That the judges are above reproach and are not beholden to anyone. That they follow ethics rules above and beyond other judges.

The Roberts Court has lost the publics respect and confidence
Harumph harumph.

Isn't leaving Walmart and accidentally forgetting to pay for a candy bar a misdemeanor?
If for 20 years in a row, you mark the NONE block for your wife's income when she is actually drawing down a substantial income every year, is that an accident?

Nice try, idiot. FAIL.

Forum List

Back