Alleged special treatment for first female Rangers

If they didn't do it by the same rules and regulations the men do it they are not Rangers. I had by doubts about this. With that said if they went by the same rules and didn't get special treatment congratulations to them

Congressman Asks for Documents to Find Out Whether Women Got Special Treatment at Ranger School

A congressman who is a combat veteran and Ranger graduate has asked the Pentagon's top Army leader to produce documents related to the performance of the females who began Ranger School at Fort Benning, Georgia earlier this year, PEOPLE has learned.

In a letter obtained exclusively by PEOPLE, Rep. Steve Russell, R-Okla., gave outgoing Army Secretary John McHugh until September 25 to produce documents revealing the women's test scores, evaluations, injuries, pre-training and more. The letter was delivered to McHugh's Pentagon office on September 15.

"The training of our combat warriors is paramount to our national defense," Russell wrote to McHugh. "In order to ensure that the Army retains its ability to defend the nation, we must ensure that our readiness is not sacrificed."

The congressman is concerned because "sources at Fort Benning are coming forward to say the Army lied about women in Ranger School, that the women got special treatment and played by different rules," according to a Capitol Hill source with knowledge of why the letter was crafted. "These folks say one thing, the Army says another. Congress needs to know the truth, and Russell reached out to find it."

Congressman Asks for Documents to Find Out Whether Women Got Special Treatment at Ranger School
Think you could have made it? :rofl:

Nope....and neither could you. I have my doubts any woman could

Took them 3 times to get it...If they cheated then they should be kicked out, period.

I honesty believe that woman seriously weaken our military but if they did it fair and square. Well, they made the standards and my feelings simply don't matter.

There are a lot of men that have to retake certain qualifications more than once. It is a tough program even for the best of the best.

Morherfucking nutters always "hear" shit.

Yeah.............and they want to pass the rumor off as fact before finding out what actually went on.

I personally believe that those 2 women made it, there were about 16 others that didn't, as well as quite a few men.

And..................I don't think those guys told lies when they said how well those women did.

How do you know......the pressure to get women through the course was immense, and the bonds created by going through that course are also perfect to make bias in their favor.....

Took them 3 times to get it...If they cheated then they should be kicked out, period.

I honesty believe that woman seriously weaken our military but if they did it fair and square. Well, they made the standards and my feelings simply don't matter.

There are a lot of men that have to retake certain qualifications more than once. It is a tough program even for the best of the best.

Actually, they were allowed to do some portions over twice...something men are rarely if ever allowed to do....

The biggest flaw in this whole issue is the politician's and academic's who have never served in the military wanting to reengineer the military to reflect today's liberal PC culture. ....... :cool:

If there is such a thing as women powerlifters, and there are, these women could make it through Ranger school.

Power lifting is not Ranger school...or even being in the infantry.

Actually, they were allowed to do some portions over twice...something men are rarely if ever allowed to do....

The real shame of it is that everyone will know that these two women got special consideration and it will unfairly make them into a joke.

The biggest flaw in this whole issue is politician's and academic's who have never served in the military want to reengineer the military to reflect today's liberal PC culture. ....... :cool:

Yep, you nailed it Sunni man.

You are a sharp guy usually, which leaves me puzzled as to why you are anti-Jewish. I hope one day you realize who the real problem is, and it isn't the Jews.

15% repeat the program. Of the class, three women and 78 men washed out the first day. I think its great the women passed even if two had to repeat the one course.

If they didn't do it by the same rules and regulations the men do it they are not Rangers. I had by doubts about this. With that said if they went by the same rules and didn't get special treatment congratulations to them

A congressman who is a combat veteran and Ranger graduate has asked the Pentagon's top Army leader to produce documents related to the performance of the females who began Ranger School at Fort Benning, Georgia earlier this year, PEOPLE has learned.

In a letter obtained exclusively by PEOPLE, Rep. Steve Russell, R-Okla., gave outgoing Army Secretary John McHugh until September 25 to produce documents revealing the women's test scores, evaluations, injuries, pre-training and more. The letter was delivered to McHugh's Pentagon office on September 15.

"The training of our combat warriors is paramount to our national defense," Russell wrote to McHugh. "In order to ensure that the Army retains its ability to defend the nation, we must ensure that our readiness is not sacrificed."

The congressman is concerned because "sources at Fort Benning are coming forward to say the Army lied about women in Ranger School, that the women got special treatment and played by different rules," according to a Capitol Hill source with knowledge of why the letter was crafted. "These folks say one thing, the Army says another. Congress needs to know the truth, and Russell reached out to find it."

I made it thru Naval Flight training. That was good enough for me. And in what service did YOU serve, again? I forget what you told us.

I made it thru Naval Flight training. That was good enough for me. And in what service did YOU serve, again? I forget what you told us.

I'm not surprised you made it....given a few factors BWAHAHAHAHAHA I never claimed to serve and it has no bearing on the topic, you're just trying your usual BS to derail the thread. Many talk about your antics

15% repeat the program. Of the class, three women and 78 men washed out the first day. I think its great the women passed even if two had to repeat the one course.

Recycled participants in the various training courses I took were exceptional circumstances; developed pneumonia, their parents died, they broke their leg, etc. This stuff is supposed to be an up or down pass or fail kind of thing. Most guys that wash out could pass the training if they could recycle too, but they don't allow it as there are plenty of people trying to get in.

These women were allowed to do the training over and over till they got it right, apparently, and now their careers will be forever asterisked.

They will now never earn the respect of the soldiers they command because that is something you don't just give people.

And no, I don't expect you to understand, which is why civilians should butt out and let the military train its future soldiers.

Oh, if you have an Internet Naval Flight Training Certificate, why Sassy could have three doctorates and be a retired Infantry general with combat experience in six wars.

Please, go away, you are embarrassing yourself.

Recycled participants in the various training courses I took were exceptional circumstances; developed pneumonia, their parents died, they broke their leg, etc. This stuff is supposed to be an up or down pass or fail kind of thing. Most guys that wash out could pass the training if they could recycle too, but they don't allow it as there are plenty of people trying to get in.

These women were allowed to do the training over and over till they got it right, apparently, and now their careers will be forever asterisked.

They will now never earn the respect of the soldiers they command because that is something you don't just give people.

And no, I don't expect you to understand, which is why civilians should butt out and let the military train its future soldiers.

They repeated the mountain phase, one segment of the final course. Some 15% repeat the ranger program. Most drop out within the first few days.

Actually, I saw a news report that said they were allowed to recycle through one of the phases 2 times, where a male candidate on a rare occasion gets to retake a phase once.

They repeated the mountain phase, one segment of the final course. Some 15% repeat the ranger program. Most drop out within the first few days.

Look….they did get special treatment….from the Army Times…..

Two female Ranger students move on to Swamp Phase

The three women are part of the Army’s gender-integrated assessment of the grueling two-month Ranger School. The women, all officers, started the Mountain Phase on July 11 after three tries at the school’s first phase, known as the Darby Phase, at Fort Benning, Georgia.

Outside of injuries…as stated….men do not get three tries to pass any phase of Ranger School….do they? The whole point is to see who can do it first time through….it is part of the process…..to let people get familiar with the course is not the point….

Look….they did get special treatment….from the Army Times…..

Two female Ranger students move on to Swamp Phase

The three women are part of the Army’s gender-integrated assessment of the grueling two-month Ranger School. The women, all officers, started the Mountain Phase on July 11 after three tries at the school’s first phase, known as the Darby Phase, at Fort Benning, Georgia.

Outside of injuries…as stated….men do not get three tries to pass any phase of Ranger School….do they? The whole point is to see who can do it first time through….it is part of the process…..to let people get familiar with the course is not the point….

>>The third female student, along with 60 male classmates, will recycle the Mountain Phase at Camp Merrill in Dahlonega, Georgia, the Army said Friday. They will re-start the Mountain Phase on Aug. 8.<<

The men redid the mountain course also.
There were men and women that redid several the phases.

15% of the people retry the whole program.

Men have it tough as well.

The issue shouldn't be individual performance. But the effect on the unit. If a given woman can get through Ranger school isn't the question. Its if a Ranger unit is stronger with women or without them. If a Ranger unit that includes women doesn't operate at the same efficiency, women should be excluded. If it does, let them fight.

There are certain situations where changing the standards of job performance to allow more women to participate doesn't work. And war would be one of them.

Actually, I saw a news report that said they were allowed to recycle through one of the phases 2 times, where a male candidate on a rare occasion gets to retake a phase once.

Retaking phases isn't that rare.

None of the eight women made it past the Darby Phase on the first try and were recycled, along with 101 of their male classmates, on May 8.

3rd try: 3 women to restart Ranger School Sunday

101 out of 381 male soldiers were allowed to retry. Putting the odds at roughly 1 in 4 (26.5% or so) for male recruits. Where women were given double those odds, 2 in 5 (42% or so) But given the small sample size of 19 women, that isn't particularly compelling.

Now a second or third recycle, you may have a point.

After the second attempt at the Darby Phase, three female and two male students on May 29 were given the option of a Day One Recycle, which is a normal course procedure that's used when students struggle with one aspect of the course and excel at others, said officials at Fort Benning, Georgia.

3rd try: 3 women to restart Ranger School Sunday

The odds for the men getting a second retry dropped to 1 in 50. For the women it remained a robust 3 in 8.Or a bit more than one third.

There was no mention of any man getting a third try. Putting the odds at approximately 0 in 2. Where all 3 women were given a 3rd try.

That may indicate favorable treatment. It should probably be checked out.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back