am i alcoholic or .....???

sorry for bad english,
am i alcoholic?
1: i dont drink everyday .just4-5 day per week or maybe 3 day....
2:i dont drink in the morning and noon .just after dark..........
3:i drink very much when i drinking........for example 8 double glass whiskey or aragh(55%+) or maybe more ....15 double glass
but im ok.for example i dont do ....idiot . when im drunk.i can control myslef.everbody saying daniel is good ....
4: i can left it for few days or even months.for example i can . .... dont drink for next months. i havnt any physical problem .for example .when i gone to army by force ( it is rule in iran.every boy must serve in army for 18 months). i didnt drink for two months and i havnt any problem.but when i did back ....
i did drink 3 week !!!!

+ Im drunk now like last night and ............
but it is holiday( new year) in iran.

MANY OF my friends told me you are alcoholic. am i ?

Do you use alcohol as a coping mechanism? Do you try to hide it from others (how much you are actually drinking?)? Hard to say since you are probably partying. Some people go through a phase where they may consume a lot of alcohol because they go out partying.

Some alcoholics can be functional . . . for a little while. It usually will catch up to you when you get older. Your tolerance will go down, you'll find that you get drunk much easier because there is so much alcohol already circulating in your blood. This is hard to determine unless you know the person. I know people who drank a lot in their 20s but settled down and are now only social drinkers.

sometimes hide it from my father .because he have stomic cancer.and he did drink .but he wasnt like me

my father did drink most days. but just one or two wine glass (with dinner or lunch)
and he always saying me dont drink.and warning to me for cancer.

maybe my problem is my job
+ my job isnt ordinary job.im in beach -tourist business.you know what is beach ......
talking ... tourist.make them happy. lie for sell better.....
for example.it isnt any official price in beach .you can sell (x) 5 $ or 50$
if you are better lier and fraud.you are successful in this business.

Maybe you'll get tired of having a hangover. Lol. ;)
yes.im very relax tonight. but im not good tomorrow morning:D
what ....... american scientist doing ?????:( no miracle drug for anti-hangover yet :(

sorry for bad english,
am i alcoholic?
3:i drink very much when i drinking........for example 8 double glass whiskey or aragh(55%+) or maybe more ....15 double glass
but im ok.for example i dont do ....idiot . when im drunk.i can control myslef.everbody saying daniel is good ....
4: i can left it for few days or even months.for example i can . .... dont drink for next months. i havnt any physical problem .for example .when i gone to army by force ( it is rule in iran.every boy must serve in army for 18 months). i didnt drink for two months and i havnt any problem.but when i did back ....
i did drink 3 week !!!!

I think you just need attention.

what
woooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
thanks lord.. skye did attention me .:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

+
learning other cultures isnt .............
+ i understand you,.. you are troller .

skye=

200_s.gif

sorry for bad english,
am i alcoholic?
i did drink 3 week !!!!

what

+

skye=

200_s.gif

what?

ohhh ok that's supposed to be funny

hahaha

sorry for bad english,
am i alcoholic?
i did drink 3 week !!!!

Do you use alcohol as a coping mechanism? Do you try to hide it from others (how much you are actually drinking?)? Hard to say since you are probably partying. Some people go through a phase where they may consume a lot of alcohol because they go out partying.

Some alcoholics can be functional . . . for a little while. It usually will catch up to you when you get older. Your tolerance will go down, you'll find that you get drunk much easier because there is so much alcohol already circulating in your blood. This is hard to determine unless you know the person. I know people who drank a lot in their 20s but settled down and are now only social drinkers.

sometimes hide it from my father .because he have stomic cancer.and he did drink .but he wasnt like me

my father did drink most days. but just one or two wine glass (with dinner or lunch)
and he always saying me dont drink.and warning to me for cancer.

maybe my problem is my job
+ my job isnt ordinary job.im in beach -tourist business.you know what is beach ......
talking ... tourist.make them happy. lie for sell better.....
for example.it isnt any official price in beach .you can sell (x) 5 $ or 50$
if you are better lier and fraud.you are successful in this business.

Maybe you'll get tired of having a hangover. Lol. ;)
yes.im very relax tonight. but im not good tomorrow morning:D
what ....... american scientist doing ?????:( no miracle drug for anti-hangover yet :(

Sure there is . . . don't drink so much! ;)

sorry for bad english,
am i alcoholic?
i did drink 3 week !!!!

what

+

skye=

what?

ohhh ok that's supposed to be funny

hahaha
200_s.gif

AND SKYE DID TROLL AGAIN .CONG............

sorry for bad english,
am i alcoholic?
i did drink 3 week !!!!

Ask a Doctor, or better .... A mental health professional for an accurate answer / diagnosis.

Shadow 355

Speak to these people

GENERAL SERVICE OFFICE
Iran's Nameless Sobers Association
Fahmideh Blvd
106 Shalchi St.
Karaj
Main: (98)263-273-3069
FAX: (98)263-273-1137
Site: www.iranaa.org

sorry for bad english,
am i alcoholic?
i did drink 3 week !!!!

No.

I am an alcoholic.

I can't stop at one, I got up to 9 glasses of wine per day (I drank every day) and hid it from my husband it was so bad. It just kept getting progressively worse, more drinking every day in higher amounts.

If you can control it, you're not an alcoholic - but I'm no expert!

I've heard that a drink or 2 a day is good for you

I like to save up my drink or 2 a day and have them all at once on Saturday night

sorry for bad english,
am i alcoholic?
i did drink 3 week !!!!

No.

I am an alcoholic.

I can't stop at one, I got up to 9 glasses of wine per day (I drank every day) and hid it from my husband it was so bad. It just kept getting progressively worse, more drinking every day in higher amounts.

Alcoholism at the stage where you are at is self diagnosed I urge you to use the link I provided in my previous post.

I am taking the liberty of posting a test put out by Alcoholics Anonymous this is not conclusive but a means to help you decide.
Answer YES or NO to the following questions.

1. Have you ever decided to stop drinking for a week or so, but only lasted for a couple of days?
Most of us in A.A. made all kinds of promises to ourselves and to our families. We could not keep them. Then we came to A.A. A.A. said: "Just try not to drink today." (If you do not drink today, you cannot get drunk today.)
Yes No
2. Do you wish people would mind their own business about your drinking-- stop telling you what to do?
In A.A. we do not tell anyone to do anything. We just talk about our own drinking, the trouble we got into, and how we stopped. We will be glad to help you, if you want us to.
Yes No
3. Have you ever switched from one kind of drink to another in the hope that this would keep you from getting drunk?
We tried all kinds of ways. We made our drinks weak. Or just drank beer. Or we did not drink cocktails. Or only drank on weekends. You name it, we tried it. But if we drank anything with alcohol in it, we usually got drunk eventually.
Yes No
4. Have you had to have an eye-opener upon awakening during the past year?
Do you need a drink to get started, or to stop shaking? This is a pretty sure sign that you are not drinking "socially."
Yes No
5. Do you envy people who can drink without getting into trouble?
At one time or another, most of us have wondered why we were not like most people, who really can take it or leave it.
Yes No
6. Have you had problems connected with drinking during the past year?
Be honest! Doctors say that if you have a problem with alcohol and keep on drinking, it will get worse -- never better. Eventually, you will die, or end up in an institution for the rest of your life. The only hope is to stop drinking.
Yes No
7. Has your drinking caused trouble at home?
Before we came into A.A., most of us said that it was the people or problems at home that made us drink. We could not see that our drinking just made everything worse. It never solved problems anywhere or anytime.
Yes No
8. Do you ever try to get "extra" drinks at a party because you do not get enough?
Most of us used to have a "few" before we started out if we thought it was going to be that kind of party. And if drinks were not served fast enough, we would go some place else to get more.
Yes No
9. Do you tell yourself you can stop drinking any time you want to, even though you keep getting drunk when you don't mean to?
Many of us kidded ourselves into thinking that we drank because we wanted to. After we came into A.A., we found out that once we started to drink, we couldn't stop.
Yes No
10. Have you missed days of work or school because of drinking?
Many of us admit now that we "called in sick" lots of times when the truth was that we were hung-over or on a drunk.
Yes No
11. Do you have "blackouts"?
A "blackout" is when we have been drinking hours or days which we cannot remember. When we came to A.A., we found out that this is a pretty sure sign of alcoholic drinking.
Yes No
12. Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not drink?
Many of us started to drink because drinking made life seem better, at least for a while. By the time we got into A.A., we felt trapped. We were drinking to live and living to drink. We were sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Yes No

The test is interactive here Alcoholics Anonymous : Is A.A. For You? Twelve questions only you can answer

Another thought seek help from those who are qualified to assist, in person. The internet is such a difficult place to get an accurate appraisal of what you are doing and how your lifestyle and choices are effecting you.

Last edited:
ahh the functioning drunk...you can really convince yourself that the drinking is not an issue...you dont miss work.....family doesnt really seem to notice etc and so on.....but you are noticing.....get on the wagon...and dont worry when you fall off..that is why that wagon goes really slow....just try .....

if you are opening the bottle and emptying it.....well enough said

sorry for bad english,
am i alcoholic?
i did drink 3 week !!!!

No.

I am an alcoholic.

9 glasses is not that bad. That's only like 3 bottles ( the small bottles, not the mega bottles). Shit, the way you talk about it I thought you were downing a fifth of Jack every day.

sorry for bad english,
am i alcoholic?
i did drink 3 week !!!!

No.

I am an alcoholic.

9 glasses is not that bad. That's only like 3 bottles ( the small bottles, not the mega bottles). Shit, the way you talk about it I thought you were downing a fifth of Jack every day.
It is not what a person drinks or how much they drink it is what it does to them after they drink it.

Forum List

Back