Am I alone in thinking wikileaks is a GOOD thing?

One thing convincingly demonstrated by this dump: The government is far too casual in classifying documents as secret / NoForn / classified. It's almost as if everything written by DoD, State, the FBI or the CIA is protected by default.

One thing convincingly demonstrated by this dump: The government is far too casual in classifying documents as secret / NoForn / classified. It's almost as if everything written by DoD, State, the FBI or the CIA is protected by default.
A simple search of everyone entering or leaving sensitive areas would have prevented this nonsense. Still NO word on what, if anything, is being done to prevent future such incidents. THAT is what has me ticked off.

A simple search of everyone entering or leaving sensitive areas would have prevented this nonsense. Still NO word on what, if anything, is being done to prevent future such incidents. THAT is what has me ticked off.

The post 9-11 desire for stronger information-sharing between CIA, FBI, State and DoD made the idea of "Sensitive areas" somewhat obsolete. The info has to travel. Perhaps the problem is that "information sharing" sounds like a great idea on paper...

The post 9-11 desire for stronger information-sharing between CIA, FBI, State and DoD made the idea of "Sensitive areas" somewhat obsolete. The info has to travel. Perhaps the problem is that "information sharing" sounds like a great idea on paper...
Folks should NOT be able to enter sensitive areas carrying disks or flash drives. Really. And definitely should NOT be able to carry anything out!

Folks should NOT be able to enter sensitive areas carrying disks or flash drives. Really. And definitely should NOT be able to carry anything out!

I agree, completely. My point is simply that there are other ways to get that information across departments. As a matter of fact, our desire for information sharing means that there MUST be means to transfer the information.

I find what they do really damaging. If the information is legitimate it should be released to the proper Authority, and investigated. There is no excuse for releasing Classified Information.

I agree. Anyone who hasn't considered the real implications of such leaks is clearly an idiot. The damage to our ability to share confidential information with other countries has been severely damaged.... that alone could lead to more terrorist attacks. What country is going to share information with us now? Seriously.

Everyone involved should be charged with treason and, when convicted, should face the DP.

Our ability to share confidential information with other countries? So, we should let our government do what they want abroad, and keep us in the dark, because we want other countries to share their information with us? That sounds very fucking stupid to me. You come from a place of fear.

They should not be charged with treason. It is not treason. The actions you are implying (suppressing information) are treasonous.

I agree, completely. My point is simply that there are other ways to get that information across departments. As a matter of fact, our desire for information sharing means that there MUST be means to transfer the information.
This is usually accomplished through several levels of encryption, whereas if the files which were copied had been thus, they would have been complete gibberish and completely useless to the leaker.

The problem was, these materials weren't classified at a high enough level for encryption.

Brace for the post-WikiLeaks information big chill - Yahoo! News

I find what they do really damaging. If the information is legitimate it should be released to the proper Authority, and investigated. There is no excuse for releasing Classified Information.

I'm just starting to read this thread so I apologize if someone has mentioned it, but NONE of these documents were Classified or Top Secret. There were Secret, and NOFORN, meaning 'no foreign' eyes can see them.

SECRET is a classification.

I'm just starting to read this thread so I apologize if someone has mentioned it, but NONE of these documents were Classified or Top Secret. There were Secret, and NOFORN, meaning 'no foreign' eyes can see them.

SECRET is a classification.
Yep...via wikipedia:

Secret

This is the second-highest classification. Information is classified secret when its release would cause "serious damage" to national security. Most information that is classified is held at the secret sensitivity.

There are only three actual classification levels.

Confidential
Secret
Top Secret

All others are more of directives or compartmentalization terms. ie NOFORN, FOUO, CRYPTO, etc
etc
etc,,,

Last edited:
Aren't you blame shifting there, Sallow? Intense? The US Government should SAFEGUARD such information. They should be much more careful who gets access.

We shoot the messenger now? It's hardly wikileaks fault that the information was obtained.

Never heard these complaints about the Pentagon Papers, for example.
There was a draft in place then. It makes a bit of a difference.
No, it makes no difference at all. No one blamed the leaker then, why blame them now?

It's the GOVERNMENT not SAFEGUARDING sensitive information, that should be getting 100% of the blame.

Okay...I may change my mind further up in the thread if I see something that makes me think differently about this, but here's my take on it:

Most classified information is "classified" because it would be politically embarrassing and / or / unconstitutional, and probably fly in the face of accepted international relations in really shady ways. I saw Hillary on television last night. She pissed me off. If we don't want it disclosed, then maybe, and its just a thought here, maybe we shouldn't have DONE it.

It is possible, even probable, that SOME tactical information should have been weeded out by the editors of this site, simply to protect innocent people. That said, they're new, and they're NEEDED. Our "journalists" get roughly 40% of their information from press releases. A lot of the rest of their "reporting" is commentary on politicians and other interested elites reactions to the news feeds from THAT 40%. Investigative journalism in the MSM is a thing of the past, and those who are picking up the slack should be supported, not vilified.

I heard Andrea Mitchell say that the reason it is so "difficult" for the Administration to go after Wikileaks is because [I have to paraphase it from memory]: 'then they'd have to also prosecute all the news media who re-published what wikileaks disclosed, and that nobody expects that,' or words along those lines.

Let me just call bullshit on that piss-poor "excuse.".

Prosecute the private for his alleged behavior. Prosecute Wikileaks for its unquestionable behavior (and that includes prosecuting the idiot in charge of Wikileaks and anybody in the corporate chain of command with any culpability for making that document dump happen right on down to the asshole employee who just pressed a button to "submit" the stolen material to the world). And then, when it comes to scum like The New York Slimes, make the obvious choice: "Since the dissemination had already occurred, further prosecution of news media would be pointless and thus, in the use of prosecutorial discretion, the Administartion, the DoJ and the Attorney General have determined that prosectuion of news outlets (other than Wikileaks) will not be undertaken."

If this Administration, DoJ and AG Holder do NOT go after the wikileak fuckers, then this Administration is guilty of malfeasance.

Last edited:
It's wikileaks. And it's anyone else who passed the information along. They are all traitors to our country. I'm dumbfounded that anyone thinks committing treason against our nation is ok.

How are they traitors? Julian isn't American, what loyalty does he have to this nation?

Also:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...be-overstating-the-danger-from-wikileaks.html

Of course they're overstating it. Hell, they've got our "professional journalist's" balls as earrings (even the benwahs), why not try for prosecution under treason to try to silence any other meaningful dissent?

Omg! Are you freaking crazy!!!! This is outrageous and everyone involved should be shot.

Savage did a step by step analysis and I think it was done purposely by the Obama administration.

It's wikileaks. And it's anyone else who passed the information along. They are all traitors to our country. I'm dumbfounded that anyone thinks committing treason against our nation is ok.

How are they traitors? Julian isn't American, what loyalty does he have to this nation?

Also:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...be-overstating-the-danger-from-wikileaks.html

Of course they're overstating it. Hell, they've got our "professional journalist's" balls as earrings (even the benwahs), why not try for prosecution under treason to try to silence any other meaningful dissent?

Dissemination of classified state secrets is not mere "dissent." It is a criminal act.

I heard Andrea Mitchell say that the reason it is so "difficult" for the Administration to go after Wikileaks is because [I have to paraphase it from memory]: 'then they'd have to also prosecute all the news media who re-published what wikileaks disclosed, and that nobody expects that,' or words along those lines.

Prosecute the private for his alleged behavior. Prosecute Wikileaks for its unquestionable behavior (and that includes prosecuting the idiot in charge of Wikileaks and anybody in the corporate chain of command with any culpability for making that document dump happen right on down to the asshole employee who just pressed a button to "submit" the stolen material to the world). And then, when it comes to scum like The New York Slimes, make the obvious choice: "Since the dissemination had already occurred, further prosecution of news media would be pointless and thus, in the use of prosecutorial discretion, the Administartion, the DoJ and the Attorney General have determined that prosectuion of news outlets (other than Wikileaks) will not be undertaken."

If this Administration, DoJ and AG Holder do NOT go after the wikileak fuckers, then this Administration is guilty of malfeasance.

What happens when the private sends the information directly to a US media outlet instead?

First, it's obvious that Soros is behind this, he's clearing both Obama and Hillary from the Dem field for 2012.

Second, Julian Asswipe needs to get whacked and not in a subtle manner either.

Third, the PFC who downloaded the docs needs to be treated like the terrorist he is. Waterbaord him, find out who else is in with him and then put him before a military tribunal.

Obama should go after these people like they were the Arizona government trying to defend their border.

What happens when the private sends the information directly to a US media outlet instead?

He should be sent to Gitmo, waterboarded and then when he's done telling who else was involved he get sent before a military tribunal

Forum List

Back