🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Am I wrong on this?

PredFan

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2011
In Liberal minds, rent free.
In order to impeach the president, both houses of congress must vote to do so?

I ask because up until now I was sure that it required the house and the senate. The constant calls for impeachment if Obama makes me wonder and question what I thought was true.

It should be obvious to everyone that as long as the Democrats control the senate, Obama can do whatever he wants to without fear, yet GOP politicians, who should know better keep calling for it?

Am I wrong? Can the house alone impeach the Liar in Chief?

Nope.

The Prez (or a Fed judge or other Fed official) is impeached by only a 50%+1 vote of the House.

"Impeachment" is similar to an "indictment" in the court system. It's not a conviction. It's just a statement that the charges are merited and legitimate.

After an impeachment, then the Senate convenes to try the President on the charges passed by the House. If they convict (2/3 majority is needed), then the President is removed from office. If not, then it's "Never mind!"

A President can be impeached for "high crimes and misdemeanors". "High Crimes" means, violations of law while in high office. "Misdemeanors" means (in Constitution-speak) "misbehavior". Judges have been impeached for being drunk on the bench, though being drunk is not a crime.

Last edited:
It should be obvious to everyone that as long as the Democrats control the senate, Obama can do whatever he wants to without fear,

That's right. He can be successfuly impeached twenty times, and suffer no ill effects at all. Note that getting impeached, didn't hurt Clinton at all, since all the (majority) Senate Democrats violated their oaths and voted "Not Guilty" for things he clearly had done.

The House is the group whose responsibility is to decide whether the President's acts "rise to the level of impeachment" - that is, the acts are serious enough to cause his removal if he actually did them.

The Senate's job, is to decide if he actually did those acts ("Is he Guilty of those acts, or Not Guilty?").

In Clinton's Senate trial, most of the Democrat Senators stated that the things Clinton had done were certainly reprehensible, but that they did not "rise to the level of impeachment" - something that was not for them to decide. They basically usurped the House's duties, for the purpose of letting the guilty party remain in office.

Last edited:
Oops, the Constitution says that the Prez can be impeached for "Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors".

I left out those first two, sorry.

He actually has to do something wrong...

But that doesn't stop the Fox Newsies from speculating about it every fucking day.

Morons.

I ask because up until now I was sure that it required the house and the senate. The constant calls for impeachment if Obama makes me wonder and question what I thought was true.

It should be obvious to everyone that as long as the Democrats control the senate, Obama can do whatever he wants to without fear, yet GOP politicians, who should know better keep calling for it?

How about you read the relevant text in the Constitution and tell us the answer.

But that doesn't stop the Fox Newsies from speculating about it every fucking day.

Morons.

No, actually he does not. The constitution does not really bother to expound in detail what the president can be impeached for and the items listed are extremely broad. The judicial branch has absolutely no say in the manner as well. The president can be impeached for whatever the senate and house deem worthy of that impeachment.

As far as the OP goes, sure the house has the ability to impeach BUT that is utterly irrelevant. As Acorn pointed out, impeachment is simply the first step. The senate has to actually convict and if the democrats have the senate there is ZERO point to impeaching a democrat president. You simply are not going to see a party convict their own guy in office.

How about you read the relevant text in the Constitution and tell us the answer.

How about you go fuck yourself?

Morons.

No, actually he does not. The constitution does not really bother to expound in detail what the president can be impeached for and the items listed are extremely broad. The judicial branch has absolutely no say in the manner as well. The president can be impeached for whatever the senate and house deem worthy of that impeachment.

As far as the OP goes, sure the house has the ability to impeach BUT that is utterly irrelevant. As Acorn pointed out, impeachment is simply the first step. The senate has to actually convict and if the democrats have the senate there is ZERO point to impeaching a democrat president. You simply are not going to see a party convict their own guy in office.

Especially when "their guy" didn't do anything to be impeached for.

However, it worked out real well for Republicans when they impeached Clinton, so maybe they will do it again. But the Repubs in the House should either get on with the impeachment or stfu about it.

House Rethugs; no balls, all mouth.

Only the House Of Representatives can impeach the President, Senate has no say in impeachment.

Only the Senate can convict the defendant of the impeachment, House has no say in conviction.

It also takes a "Super Majority" to convict, (66 and 2/3. actually 67 votes, unless they cut one Senator into three equal pieces and each piece vote as one third vote, not a bad idea, the cutting a politician into three pieces)

Last edited:
Our poor wingnuts and their wet dreams. Will they never succeed in impeaching a Democratic President for the fact that America freely elected a Democratic President? Will they never get to unload numerous clips of ammo from their arsenal into a crowd of fellow Americans? Oh, the failed dreams unrealized by these poor guys and gals.

Our poor wingnuts and their wet dreams. Will they never succeed in impeaching a Democratic President for the fact that America freely elected a Democratic President? Will they never get to unload numerous clips of ammo from their arsenal into a crowd of fellow Americans? Oh, the failed dreams unrealized by these poor guys and gals.

Will you on the left ever admit this guy is not doing what is best for this country?

Never.

You like the fact that his administration is practically lawless.

The borders are being flooded with illegals within the age group that he stated he would grant amnesty too. It's quickly becoming a humanitarian disaster, and you dipshits think that he's doing the right thing. That open borders are legal. That his refusal to enforce our borders will do anything but ruin the economy and cause chaos in our streets.

You must think it's all funny.

Forum List

Back