Amanda Knox Guilt Reinstated.

How convenient. Guilty as sin, yet she probably won't see the inside of a jail cell unless the US decide to lock her up.

You already posted the exact same copy paste in the other thread. Starting a duplicate is against forum rules.

Just shows how corrupt and inept the Italian courts are.

How many bites at the apple do they get anyway?

How convenient. Guilty as sin, yet she probably won't see the inside of a jail cell unless the US decide to lock her up.

I don't think she's as guilty as sin.

I don't think she's guilty at all.

All the physical evidence points to another suspect.

The only thing that implicates Knox is that she made statements to Italian police after they browbeat her in an interrogation in Italian without a lawyer present.

Italy doesn't have 'double-jeopardy' laws like we do in the US. We always think of European countries as lawful and just and sensible, then something like this happens and we're forced to re-evaluate and designate Italy in the same legal rule of law category as some African 3rd world nation.

For anyone interested in learning a little more about the corrupt Italian judicial system, I recommend the book The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi. You might rethink your poorly drawn conclusions as to Knox's guilt.

You may still be able to find Preston's interview about his experiences with the Italian courts online. I think it was 20/20 or some such show.

Last edited:

Really? Guilty as sin? Is that why the Italian prosecuter changed the motive for the crime for the retrial? Yes, that's right, the first trial declared one motive while this retrial declared a completely different motive.

Gosh, you know so much...

Italy doesn't have 'double-jeopardy' laws like we do in the US. We always think of European countries as lawful and just and sensible, then something like this happens and we're forced to re-evaluate and designate Italy in the same legal rule of law category as some African 3rd world nation.

For dodgy legal outcomes you could look closer to home. The names OJ Simpson and Rodney King spring to mind.

I just watched a segment about her trial in Italy. You might find it interesting to know how the first trial took place, with an "investigator" who also serves as prosecutor, and who is also identified as a "religious" zealot who sees satanic ritual killing everywhere and was more interested in the sexual behavior of young Amanda than he was in pursuing the actual killer (he got a reduced sentence, btw). He has since faced a judicial misconduct IN THAT CASE, and was still allowed to re-try it AFTER a retrial that found NO EVIDENCE of her or her former boyfriend's guilt, a retrial that exonerated and set them both free. Here in the US there are safeguards against double jeopardy, as well as from the kangaroo court setting that issued the overturned conviction in the first place. :eusa_think:

If shes guilty as sin why was she let go and allowed to leave the country? :dunno:

The following would, of course, never happen in reality, would it?:

US Attorney General phones Italian Justice Minister:
"Luigi we have a problem, the negative press coverage about Italy we're getting over here about this Amanda Knox case is gonna play havoc with Italian-American relations. Our public simply won't stand for pretty young American WASPs being locked up in foreign countries."​
Luigi:
Hmm, I see your point, and damn, we may even end up with Americans boycotting Italian products, and given the state of our economy... mama mia!​
AG:
I think I may have a solution... keep her locked up for a short while, find some loophole to release her, and then when she's back over here you can re-instate the original verdict! We will make sure our extradition treaty with you is interpreted in an... ehmm... imaginative way and will find some reason to refuse to send her back. Heck, come to think of it we never extradite Americans abroad anyway.​
Luigi:
What about the British? You know what their tabloids are like!​
AG:
Ah, screw the Brits, they always do exactly what we tell them. Their press won't give a damn cos that Kercher girl looked like an immigrant anyway. I'll smooth things over with their Prime Minister. He's a good boy, and remember, they still owe us one for getting the judge to overturn the verdict in that nanny manslaughter case in the '90s.​
Luigi:
Fantastico! I alike your style. Ciao!​

wow, that's a pretty cynical view.

How about this. A local court abused the process, it was overturned on appeal. That same local court bent over backwards to get the same result, but no one is taking it terribly seriously.

What is the ACTUAL EVIDENCE against Knox. No witnesses, no DNA evidence beyond what you might have when two people live in the same appartment. No defensive injuries.

Forum List

Back