Amazing new op-ed by Romney in the Washington Post

Tag team is it? Lol
I expressed my surprise. In your and pogo’s world that is not allowed. Sorry, but in mine it is. This is a board designed for everyone’s thoughts and opinions, not just the ones you don’t agree with.
So far you haven’t said anything in this discussion that I disagree with nor have I attacked you or expressed disagreement... I’ve only asked questions trying to understand what your point was. So don’t be so defensive. it sounds to me like it was surprising and interesting for you to see a family member go public against a family member and you just made that simple observation, is that right? Same observation with the conways when kelly Anne’s hubby goes public against trump, right?
You came in here after pogo had been ragging for quite awhile, trying to make a case that I was belittling a woman for having a different opinion than her uncle. She tried coming at me with anything she could think of, all ridiculous.
Yes, as I stated, being as she had actually spoken out immediately after having run her uncle’s campaign was a surprise. She obviously thought enough of Mitt to run his campaign in Michigan, yet she suddenly goes after him publicly when he attacked Trump. I expressed my surprise due to the previous dynamic.

Oh, and my opinion had nothing to do with the fact she is a woman. I would have said the same had it been his brother, in identical circumstances.
I never said a word about belittling women. You’re either making that up or you are confusing me with somebody else.
That was regarding pogo’s attacks, not you. Sorry, if you misunderstood my response. I referring back to my previous post you to where I had mentioned it.
I came into the conversation late and may have missed some parts. I apologized for that in my first post. Back to the topic. Do you think Mitts nieces comments help or hurt or have zero impact towards the validity of his Op Ed?
It’s hard to tell at this juncture, in my opinion. Some will be surprised and could rethink their position or, like most here, nothing will change their position one way or the other.

So far you haven’t said anything in this discussion that I disagree with nor have I attacked you or expressed disagreement... I’ve only asked questions trying to understand what your point was. So don’t be so defensive. it sounds to me like it was surprising and interesting for you to see a family member go public against a family member and you just made that simple observation, is that right? Same observation with the conways when kelly Anne’s hubby goes public against trump, right?
You came in here after pogo had been ragging for quite awhile, trying to make a case that I was belittling a woman for having a different opinion than her uncle. She tried coming at me with anything she could think of, all ridiculous.
Yes, as I stated, being as she had actually spoken out immediately after having run her uncle’s campaign was a surprise. She obviously thought enough of Mitt to run his campaign in Michigan, yet she suddenly goes after him publicly when he attacked Trump. I expressed my surprise due to the previous dynamic.

Oh, and my opinion had nothing to do with the fact she is a woman. I would have said the same had it been his brother, in identical circumstances.
I never said a word about belittling women. You’re either making that up or you are confusing me with somebody else.
That was regarding pogo’s attacks, not you. Sorry, if you misunderstood my response. I referring back to my previous post you to where I had mentioned it.
I came into the conversation late and may have missed some parts. I apologized for that in my first post. Back to the topic. Do you think Mitts nieces comments help or hurt or have zero impact towards the validity of his Op Ed?
It’s hard to tell at this juncture, in my opinion. Some will be surprised and could rethink their position or, like most here, nothing will change their position one way or the other.
For those who are influenceable. Which way do you think it will go? Towards Mitt or Trump

For those who are influenceable. Which way do you think it will go? Towards Mitt or Trump
Your guess is as good as mine.

Mitt Romney, writing for the WaPo: "The president shapes the public character of the nation. Trump’s character falls short"

To reassume our leadership in world politics, we must repair failings in our politics at home. That project begins, of course, with the highest office once again acting to inspire and unite us. It includes political parties promoting policies that strengthen us rather than promote tribalism by exploiting fear and resentment. Our leaders must defend our vital institutions despite their inevitable failings: a free press, the rule of law, strong churches, and responsible corporations and unions.

We must repair our fiscal foundation, setting a course to a balanced budget. We must attract the best talent to America’s service and the best innovators to America’s economy.
Opinion | Mitt Romney: The president shapes the public character of the nation. Trump’s character falls short.

Mr. Romney says nothing about his own character here. His silence is deafening, as he failed to offer any excuses for the crimes the libs accused him of at Bain Capital or his support of Mormon discrimination against blacks back in the day, or the "fact" that he didn't serve in the Army and neither did his sons.
Mitt Romney, writing for the WaPo: "The president shapes the public character of the nation. Trump’s character falls short"

To reassume our leadership in world politics, we must repair failings in our politics at home. That project begins, of course, with the highest office once again acting to inspire and unite us. It includes political parties promoting policies that strengthen us rather than promote tribalism by exploiting fear and resentment. Our leaders must defend our vital institutions despite their inevitable failings: a free press, the rule of law, strong churches, and responsible corporations and unions.

We must repair our fiscal foundation, setting a course to a balanced budget. We must attract the best talent to America’s service and the best innovators to America’s economy.
Opinion | Mitt Romney: The president shapes the public character of the nation. Trump’s character falls short.

Mr. Romney says nothing about his own character here. His silence is deafening, as he failed to offer any excuses for the crimes the libs accused him of at Bain Capital or his support of Mormon discrimination against blacks back in the day, or the "fact" that he didn't serve in the Army and neither did his sons.

Romney is a pompous, two-faced narcisso-socio doofus. Taking that philosophy to the white house will get him what he got in 2012.
An ass kicking. he labors under the tragic misconception that there's actually a golden rule in Washington DC. He is just a grown version of the little boy Oliver standing in front of the cruel cafeteria master:

Please sir I want some more!

In his case it would be more ass-kicking.

Jo

Why don't you ask the 2012 voters?

Jo

Ssnowflakes think anything Anti-Trump is 'Amazing'.

:p

Amazingly stupid, pretentious and sanctimonious.

I think Mitt nailed it. He articulated in a very unbiased way what many people on both sides take issue with when it comes to Trumps temperament. I understand Trumps cult followers love him for that stuff but for those who want to live in a healthy civilized society, it is extremely destructive. I hope Mitts OpEd and his leadership inspires change on the right and collaboration with counterparts on the Left.

I think Mitt nailed it. He articulated in a very unbiased way what many people on both sides take issue with when it comes to Trumps temperament. I understand Trumps cult followers love him for that stuff but for those who want to live in a healthy civilized society, it is extremely destructive. I hope Mitts OpEd and his leadership inspires change on the right and collaboration with counterparts on the Left.
He enunciated the mantra of all Trump haters. By "both sides" you mean Democrats and Republican establishment RINOs. That isn't both sides. It's the same side.

The Mormon cult-member Romney ranks only slightly below McCain for being the most disgraceful, sell-out whore of the Republican party; he's Obamaggot in a white man's body. That RINO pig. Is it any surprise both of these wastes of human existence lost to a waste of human existence like Obama? The 2008 and 2012 elections were a choice between which smells worse, catshit or dogshit. Or as South Park puts it, a giant douche and a turd sandwich.

"Mitt Romney is the new captain of the GOP sell-out ship. This ship is eager to leave port to screw you, your family,& your kids over. They can’t bow down to the Libs & bankrupt the country quickly enough.The gutless crew members of this ship have spines of pure jelly. Disgraceful

Romney didn’t have the spine to take on Obama yet jumped at the opportunity to SELL US OUT before even being sworn in. This guy is a disgrace and I’m begging the Democrats to claim him. We don’t want him. We don’t need him."

He enunciated the mantra of all Trump haters. By "both sides" you mean Democrats and Republican establishment RINOs. That isn't both sides. It's the same side.
No that’s not what I meant by both sides. People have a great diversity of thoughts, values and ideals. I don’t pigeon hole everybody into two groups. It’s dimwitted and dishonest to do so

I'd really like to see Mr. Romney challenge the Trumpster in the GOP primaries next year.

Give him a chance to badmouth the President to his face.

And with Mr. Romney's incredible fortune, he'd be able to self finance at least to start, so he really has no excuse not to.

I'd really like to see Mr. Romney challenge the Trumpster in the GOP primaries next year.

Give him a chance to badmouth the President to his face.

And with Mr. Romney's incredible fortune, he'd be able to self finance at least to start, so he really has no excuse not to.

What?
And risk his ocean front home in Malibu that has car elevators?

:rolleyes:That's the first time I've ever heard the words "Romney and amazing" in the same sentence....I got one, he ran an amazingly incompetent campaign....Romney should focus on representing the people of Utah..that's his new job. Maybe he'll do better at that then running for president.

After reading the posts in this thread I can't help but see that a lot of republicans don't understand how our government works.

They seem to think that people are sent to DC to be a rubber stamp and yes person for the president. That their job is to work for the president.

Guess what people, that's not what their jobs is or why they are sent to DC.

They are there to represent the people of their state. Not the president. Not the people of other states. In this case, for the people of the state of Utah. They voted for him and obviously knew what they were voting for and wanted him.

That being said, I see romney has not changed at all. He was a lying opportunist in 2012. I thought he had gotten some character in 2016 only to turn around and go to trump for his support in 2018.

I didn't vote for the man in 2012 and see his actions in the last year have only validated what I thought of him in 2012.

I may agree with what he said in his article but the fact that a few months ago he was campaigning with trump by his side with trump's endorsement, just shows what an opportunist and liar he is even more.

Vulture Mitt is the biggest fake in U.S. politics. If Democrats and anyone else not on the ultra-reactionary bandwagon don't see "setting a course to a balanced budget" as the direct threat to Social Security, and whatever is left of a safety net, it most assuredly is, they are just bobbleheads falling for the bland platitudes of a Gish-Galloping conman. Really, Romney is just as much of an ego-maniac as Trump is, minus the vulgarity and the buffoonish twitter tirades, but with a much defter hand operating the levers of power to his and his plutocratic ilk's advantage.

"Responsible corporations"? "Public character"? Mitt? Vulture Mitt? Have you forgotten everything? That man lies if he breathes, even without moving his lips.

Apologies for coming in late but why are we giving a shit about what Romney’s Niece thinks?
Since she came out in support of Trump over her uncle Mitt’s opinion piece, and is the head of the GOP, just might have something to do with it.
She is the RNC chair, it’s her job to support and defend her parties leader. I’m still not seeing the relevance in bringing up her support of Trump. Are we supposed to take her more seriously because she is related to Mit or does that somehow discredit his op ed? What’s the point here?
Relevance has to do with the fact she actually spoke out against his opinion piece, even though she ran Mitt’s campaign for president in Michigan. She could have remained silent. She didn’t.
Now, if you have a problem with me expressing my opinion on a discussion board, then just put me on ignore, just as pogo can do as well, since you both seem to be of the party that can’t stand to have others think outside your own box and express themselves. If I am wrong about you in that, then prove it.
I don’t have a problem with you expressing your opinion I just don’t understand what it is you are trying to say. So she ran his campaign and is RNC chair and she spoke out against his op ed. Ok. What does that mean? What’s your point?
Tag team is it? Lol
I expressed my surprise. In your and pogo’s world that is not allowed. Sorry, but in mine it is. This is a board designed for everyone’s thoughts and opinions, not just the ones you don’t agree with.

You're getting multiple challenges because you posted an inanity that doesn't make any sense. To wit, 'how can Mitt Romney think X when his niece thinks Y?". See what I mean? It's a non sequitur.

After reading the posts in this thread I can't help but see that a lot of republicans don't understand how our government works.

They seem to think that people are sent to DC to be a rubber stamp and yes person for the president. That their job is to work for the president.

Guess what people, that's not what their jobs is or why they are sent to DC.

They are there to represent the people of their state. Not the president. Not the people of other states. In this case, for the people of the state of Utah. They voted for him and obviously knew what they were voting for and wanted him.

^^ THIS.

This is not only what's plainly spelled out in the Constitution under the Article called, "How This Place Works", but also the exact reason the term "RINO" has no validity. Senators/Congresscritters aren't supposed to be there to represent political parties and never have been. They're there to represent constituents. And the whinings of wags who are not their constituents are simply irrelevant.

The fact that anyone would even imagine the concept of "RINO" (or DINO) just underscores, yet again, the pointless tribalism of politics-as-football-score which has a production value of ZERO.

Dichotomy-think has to DIE. Yesterday.

Forum List

Back